Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 10-07-2017, 11:38 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Freddie McGregor bustin' it

Old 13-07-2017, 09:17 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
This was on a mix tape I often played when I still lived with my parents, my mum heard it so many times she grew to like it and would sing along when it came on. I never explained.

Old 13-07-2017, 09:48 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ha! Always liked a bit of Admiral Bailey... hadn't thought about him for ages... I had the album with Jump Up on...

Tiger was also a favourite....

Used to live in Manchester for a while and the pirate radio stations in Moss Side were excellent... Superfresh and Frontline were favourites....
Old 13-07-2017, 09:56 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Not that keen on most of this stuff, but I really dig The Bug, Miss Red and Equinoxx. So if anyone has any experimental recs in a similar vein to them, i'll be interested.
Old 13-07-2017, 09:58 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hadn't realised Frankie Paul died in May.... RIP
Old 13-07-2017, 10:03 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine lucas View Post
Ha! Always liked a bit of Admiral Bailey... hadn't thought about him for ages... I had the album with Jump Up on...

Tiger was also a favourite....

Used to live in Manchester for a while and the pirate radio stations in Moss Side were excellent... Superfresh and Frontline were favourites....
Jump Up is great. I really like that era, not so much after the early 90's for some reason.
Old 13-07-2017, 10:24 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Always loved Singers and Players.

Old 13-07-2017, 10:28 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
I know Buju Banton is a rotter (is he still in jail?), but I am a big fan of "Champion".

Old 13-07-2017, 10:32 PM
jft39

On a slightly more melodic note, here's Bob Andy's "You Don't Know":

Old 14-07-2017, 07:13 AM

I've heard Bob Andy before, but somehow missed that gem. Damn close to a perfect song, it reminds me of something else and I don't think it's a reggae.
Old 17-07-2017, 10:46 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Don-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDon-Donovani : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
That's very harsh
Old 17-07-2017, 10:49 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Not that keen on most of this stuff, but I really dig The Bug, Miss Red and Equinoxx. So if anyone has any experimental recs in a similar vein to them, i'll be interested.
Here's one feller...

Old 17-07-2017, 11:07 AM
Pass me the Vongole

Old skool Carnival ass shaker...

[Y/T]Bd-N0jFmi5Q[/YT]
Old 17-07-2017, 11:09 AM
Pass me the Vongole

oooops

Old 17-07-2017, 11:20 AM
Pass me the Vongole

A choon from a young Hugh Mundell, taken out way to early
Old 17-07-2017, 01:52 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
I'd never heard that, Don, what a great voice. Didn't know the tragic story, either.
Old 17-07-2017, 03:19 PM
Pass me the Vongole

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
I'd never heard that, Don, what a great voice. Didn't know the tragic story, either.
Truly sad, this young feller was destined to be a big somebody in the reggae world. A deeply spiritual chap, his songs were lyrically 'conscious' Another of his classics.

Old 17-07-2017, 03:34 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Frankie Paul died last week...can someone post up Pass the Tu Shung Peng...and Worries in The Dance?
Old 17-07-2017, 03:41 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
RIP

Old 17-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Glad....All Over!

Crofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is hereCrofty Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don-Donovani View Post
Freddie McGregor bustin' it

Nice Don..Lovin' it.