Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 27-09-2017, 02:18 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Who staged a coup?
I don't get it, you've lost me. What do you mean?
Old 27-09-2017, 03:14 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
You're saying that in this century you saw Guardias banning locals from speaking Catalan?
Noooo, sorry clearly I didn't explain myself very well, I ment up until the death of Franco.
Old 27-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
I don't get it, you've lost me. What do you mean?
You missed the attempted coup by Guardia Civil officers back in the 70's?
Old 27-09-2017, 04:22 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Ah, got it. They were mostly army (it was 1981). I don't think that means we can call the army "fascist" in 2017.
I feel like fascism and Franco are getting bandied around like mad this week. Franco is dead. The Guardia Civil foes what the government tells them to do. It's a democratically elected government. I don't like it; I don't like how they've handled this situation but I can see the political advantage for their party in it - you'd have to be blind not to.
You'd also have to be blind not to see that the Catalan ruling class thrived under Franco and under the previous regimes they now claim to hate. It's a region that has profited from the Bismarckian vision of successive rulers and the migration of the brightest and best from other regions. It was built by extremeños, andaluces, Gallegos and murcianos. Have a look at the "arancel Catalan" of the 19th century; see what Stendhal had to say about the protectionism and the exploitation of the colonies that made Catalonia rich and other regions, consequently, less rich.
Old 27-09-2017, 05:25 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
I'm quite surprised to see El Aguila sticking up for the Guardia civil, were they not basically Franco's bully boys?

I'm very suspicious and uncomfortable with them.
He was mainly referring to their brave actions in Barcelona in 1936, where they sided with the pople against Franco's military.

After the civil war though they were definitely Franco's shock police. And even after his death and under new democracitic conditions they were hardly 'of the people' particularly in Catalunya and the Basque country.

A degree worse in my book than the Policia Nacional who are pretty awful themselves.
Old 27-09-2017, 05:28 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Catalan police warned Wednesday that public disorder may erupt as Spain orders the authorities to seal polling stations and stop the region holding a referendum on independence.

The Catalan government has vowed to press ahead with Sunday's plebiscite despite a crackdown by Madrid which wants to prevent a vote deemed unconstitutional by the courts.

The referendum has deeply divided the wealthy northeastern region which is home to some 7.5 million people and accounts for about a fifth of Spain's economy.

Late on Tuesday, Catalonia's chief prosecutor ordered the force to seal off buildings that will house polling stations before Sunday's referendum which Madrid has declared illegal.

But such a step "could lead to undesirable consequences," the Mossos d'Esquadra warned in a posting on Twitter on Wednesday.

"These consequences refer to public security and to the more than foreseeable risk of a disruption of public order that this may generate."

The prosecutor also ordered police to deploy officers on the day of the ballot to prevent people from voting.
Old 27-09-2017, 05:49 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
L'Ampolis didn't seem like a hot bed of revolution this afternoon but there were vote Si posters up everywhere. This isn't about fascism from the 30s. It is about one of the richest areas of Spain wanting a greater share of the cake and someone will have to pay.
Old 27-09-2017, 06:04 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
He was mainly referring to their brave actions in Barcelona in 1936, where they sided with the pople against Franco's military.

After the civil war though they were definitely Franco's shock police. And even after his death and under new democracitic conditions they were hardly 'of the people' particularly in Catalunya and the Basque country.

A degree worse in my book than the Policia Nacional who are pretty awful themselves.
On the other hand, they are the force nailing corruption in the government party right now.
One thing's for sure, we've got too many different police forces here with different powers. You never know which ones you can jump a red light in front of, and which Ines you can offer a joint to.
Old 27-09-2017, 06:11 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
L'Ampolis didn't seem like a hot bed of revolution this afternoon but there were vote Si posters up everywhere. This isn't about fascism from the 30s. It is about one of the richest areas of Spain wanting a greater share of the cake and someone will have to pay.
Do you mean L'ampolla? not trying to be a smart arse but I know Catalunya pretty well and don't know where you mean and I'm curious.

Having lived in Catalunya for 12 years I actually became a bit anti Catalan and a lot of the independientes are kind of 'Catalan fascists' BUT what the Spanish government is doing now has actually made me almost switch sides, it's undeniably repressive and anti-democratic.
Old 27-09-2017, 06:15 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Old 27-09-2017, 06:17 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick Bucket View Post
Do you mean L'ampolla? not trying to be a smart arse but I know Catalunya pretty well and don't know where you mean and I'm curious.

Having lived in Catalunya for 12 years I actually became a bit anti Catalan and a lot of the independientes are kind of 'Catalan fascists' BUT what the Spanish government is doing now has actually made me almost switch sides, it's undeniably repressive and anti-democratic.
Yeah you're right. I stopped off for this afternoon for a walk
along the sea by the harbour and a cafe con leche at one of my favourite cafes. Spoke English rather than Spanish though this afternoon.
Old 27-09-2017, 06:21 PM
Middle class left.

There are definitely places it's not very advisable to speak Spanish.
Old 27-09-2017, 06:25 PM

I spent so much time working in Scotland that I can speak with an Edinburgh accent. Comes in handy at Northern away matches when I want to disguise the fact that I'm a south Londoner to get in the home fans only bar.
Old 27-09-2017, 06:32 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
There are definitely places it's not very advisable to speak Spanish.
Yes Donald
Old 27-09-2017, 06:34 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ah, got it. They were mostly army (it was 1981). I don't think that means we can call the army "fascist" in 2017.
But you used an example from 1936 to say they weren´t.......
Old 27-09-2017, 06:37 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
You never know which ones you can jump a red light in front of, and which Ines you can offer a joint to.
Our local guardia and Policia local chiefs have recently been done for drug dealing....does that help?
Old 27-09-2017, 06:51 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Yes Donald
This is how it is. Go to Vic, and try it.
Old 27-09-2017, 06:53 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Quote:
This is how it is. Go to Vic, and try it.
I know what you mean,I tried it in Calahonda.....
Old 27-09-2017, 06:58 PM

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wont affect the UK, so watever.

ROLL ON DEATH !!
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png
Old 27-09-2017, 07:01 PM

So are any protests planned on Sunday or are they banned as well ?