Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Closed Thread

Old 24-01-2018, 08:32 AM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
Completely ignoring the fact that Arsenal passed the ball through our entire midfield and defence.
It will be nice to have a keeper who can bail the team out then when he is called upon rather than only keeping clean sheets when he has nothing to do.
Old 24-01-2018, 08:35 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Completely ignoring the fact that Arsenal passed the ball through our entire midfield and defence.
Wow well done. I'm well offended. Because Arsenal is of course the only game Hennessey has been shit.
Old 24-01-2018, 08:47 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
That's going some from corners

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 24-01-2018, 08:48 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post

Welcome Viiiiiiiiiiiiiiiicente (touch wood)
GUUUUUAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIITA!

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 24-01-2018, 08:49 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I am as keen on a top keeper as anyone and have been for ages but I really do worry that there is some sort of collective, reinforced misconception of how there are keepers that would come to Palace that constantly make world class saves and no mistakes. Who exactly will be able to live up to that I don't know. De Gea maybe?

If this guy does sign I hope he is given a chance before there are more shouts of derision. According to the Henn thread my Auntie would do better, so shouldn't be difficult for him to impress.
Old 24-01-2018, 08:56 AM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I am as keen on a top keeper as anyone and have been for ages but I really do worry that there is some sort of collective, reinforced misconception of how there are keepers that would come to Palace that constantly make world class saves and no mistakes. Who exactly will be able to live up to that I don't know. De Gea maybe?

If this guy does sign I hope he is given a chance before there are more shouts of derision. According to the Henn thread my Auntie would do better, so shouldn't be difficult for him to impress.
Good point....
England
Hart can't make the team
Butland let in most goals
Forster can't make the team
Heaton injured

None of the above are bad keepers and to the contrary are England's best.
Old 24-01-2018, 08:58 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCoach View Post
Good point....
England
Hart can't make the team
Butland let in most goals
Forster can't make the team
Heaton injured

None of the above are bad keepers and to the contrary are England's best.
I was thinking just the other day how poorly all the England keepers are fairing at the moment.

There is no way Hart can go to the World Cup. So who plays an out of form Butland or an out of form Pickford? Or a completely different keeper all together?!
Old 24-01-2018, 09:05 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
That's that ideal scenario.

Bin Hennessey off and keep Jules as a #3/coach.

I'll be amazed if that happens though.
If not now i think that will happen in the summer.
Old 24-01-2018, 09:09 AM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Kneevil View Post
Cannot believe we would balk at paying 12 million euros in the summer for someone who then transferred to a rival for 27 million six months later.
Who are we talking about here?
Old 24-01-2018, 09:09 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Fair to say that when he's 'free' in the summer he might attract more attention from a wider audience and we might lose out as far more clubs in for him. Maybe we're taking the initiative and getting in before lots of other clubs do. Just a thought though.
He could have signed a pre-contract agreement to come to us (or anyone) in the summer 3 weeks ago.
Old 24-01-2018, 09:10 AM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
If not now i think that will happen in the summer.
In which case we would sign our other option now.
Old 24-01-2018, 09:15 AM

eastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteastend eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaPalace View Post
I think they're on about Tosun.
Old 24-01-2018, 09:19 AM

SussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSussexRed&Blue came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
He could have signed a pre-contract agreement to come to us (or anyone) in the summer 3 weeks ago.

Yes that is what is surprising if it is true we have doubled our bid to 8 Million Euros. Quite a lot for a player with 6 months to run on his contract.

Thought we would be buy Olsen now and get a pre-contract agreed for joining in the summer for Guaita.

Then we would retain either Speroni or Hennessey next season.
Old 24-01-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post

Using Squawka to compare him to some other keepers he makes 3.3 saves per goal conceded whereas WH and JS are both around 2, as are many keepers in the PL. De Gea is 4.3, Ter Stegen 5.6 but Navas at Real is 2.75.

He claims more catches AND more punches than the others but probably faces more high balls into the box. He compares favourably, although much older, to the Bilboa keeper that Real were after this month too.
Old 24-01-2018, 09:25 AM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Using Squawka to compare him to some other keepers he makes 3.3 saves per goal conceded whereas WH and JS are both around 2, as are many keepers in the PL. De Gea is 4.3, Ter Stegen 5.6 but Navas at Real is 2.75.

He claims more catches AND more punches than the others but probably faces more high balls into the box. He compares favourably, although much older, to the Bilboa keeper that Real were after this month too.
He's shite anyway. As are Madrid.
Old 24-01-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCoach View Post
In which case we would sign our other option now.
We might, so might 2 keepers come in now or 1 now 1 in the summer? I guess it depends what options are available and what we can afford to do.
Old 24-01-2018, 09:26 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
I was thinking just the other day how poorly all the England keepers are fairing at the moment.

There is no way Hart can go to the World Cup. So who plays an out of form Butland or an out of form Pickford? Or a completely different keeper all together?!
Ben Foster of WBA has been the most consistent GK in the prem i would say over last 2/3 years
Old 24-01-2018, 09:28 AM

Quote:
He's shite anyway. As are Madrid.
There are not many keepers with save to goal ratio's above 3 was my main point, only the really top keepers and even then some top clubs don't have that high a ratio. Ederson at Man City is 2.25. Courtois 2.64 etc.
Old 24-01-2018, 09:29 AM
Very young thick c vnt

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
Why?
Probably because they come from a less physical league. We saw with De Gea how long it took him to acclimatise. It just worries me that this bloke's played his whole career in Spain and is used to having more time on the ball and less pressure on him aerially.

On paper Olsen looks like the better bet as he's played regularly at European/International level.

It's a complete generalisation though so hopefully he'll prove me wrong if he does come in.

Last edited by Kirby; 24-01-2018 at 09:36 AM.
Old 24-01-2018, 09:29 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Ah, Tosun.