Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 23-03-2018, 05:06 PM

thomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthomasbroad came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltic eagle View Post
Which phase do people think this will reach?
I'm just shy of 4000, so hopefully the 3000 phase!
Old 23-03-2018, 06:41 PM

mether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemether : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformerman View Post
In fairness I've never known Dorking to miss a game and don't think he is 'moaning' at all - the reason he wants front row (s) is he always has his young son with him who wants to see the game ! Not unreasonable !
Not him directly mate,was just having a laugh about the ones who did moan and now do exactly the same thing. I’m for front rows should be given to people with children. By the way never been a problem for me I stand at the back always.
Old 23-03-2018, 06:59 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I was simply answering a question that was raised directly to me (about if I knew where the reduced legroom seats were - which I don't know!)
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 23-03-2018, 10:15 PM

Mr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is hereMr Bo Jangles Sam the man is here
Holds 2200, suspect it will go down to 3000+ but would be surprised if it went lower.
Old 24-03-2018, 09:11 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformerman View Post
In fairness I've never known Dorking to miss a game and don't think he is 'moaning' at all - the reason he wants front row (s) is he always has his young son with him who wants to see the game ! Not unreasonable !
Ironic really. Wanting to see so sitting in seats you can barely see from. Unless there is an upper tier I always choose further back and just have my lad stand on his seat.
Old 24-03-2018, 10:23 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Ironic really. Wanting to see so sitting in seats you can barely see from. Unless there is an upper tier I always choose further back and just have my lad stand on his seat.
It's a tough one Scro. At Watford I have done both and it is a difficult choice.

2 seasons ago we sat in the 'front row' At Watford the front row is actually Row D, so not actually pitch level. I'll grant you it is low down, but this is the view

and I've had many worse 'front row' views,notably West Brom and the old Upton Park where sitting even an adult couldn't see over the pitchside boards.

Last season at Watford (Boxing Day) we went three quarters of the way back and my son stood on his seat. Great view.

Problem now is that he is a height where if he stands on his seat, it is worse for the person behind than having Peter Crouch standing in front of them - him standing on his seat makes him about 7 foot tall. That is not fair and reasonable to others. Standing without standing on his seat and he cannot see.

Also,it is usually my luck that when I do think sod it, lets just go further back and get a better view, we end up next to the HF, which is not really our cup of tea (admittedly a totally subjective opinion)

So we are stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment!

Fortunately for most away games, getting in very quickly when the away season ticket phase goes on sale is a great solution, as I can choose specific seats further back (ie not pitchside) which are behind stairwells, horizontal aisles or similar, where we know we can sit and watch the game yet also without having people stand in front of him blocking his view. The 'perfect seats' if you like.

Quite a few people in the away season ticket phase are of a similar mind, because these sort of seat positions always sell out in minutes!

So as I say,at most grounds, detailed knowledge of the away end layout and getting in quick means I can get great seats anyway. There are just a handful of away ends (Huddersfield and Watford are two that come to mind) where it is just plain banks of seats, and the best choice is simply to go at the front, and sometimes, (like at West Brom or Bristol City or Brighton in the cup) if there is an empty block, move there so we can sit further back without having to stand.

At Huddersfield, to be fair we were front row, but everyone behind us in row 2 was standing, so we decided to stand anyway as we weren't directly inconveniencing anyone, and its no fun sitting in a snowstorm with ice on your seat anyway

Interestingly, read an item yesterday about standing at Norwich City. Ground safety officers have forced Norwich to move kids from the main standing area in the ground (the Barclay End), because they were having to stand on seats to see.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

It was interesting to me because the ground safety officers chose to move those forced to stand on seats, rather than even attempt to do anything about those standing in a seated stand! This shows where we are now, and surely sections of designated safe standing cannot be far away in this country!
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 24-03-2018 at 10:29 AM.
Old 24-03-2018, 06:08 PM

KentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKentEagle1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Just got mine in the home end because the away end will sell out before my loyalty points, got my ticket in the SEJ stand 8 next to the Palace fans, anyone know if many Palace are doing the same?
Old 24-03-2018, 07:28 PM

SuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentEagle1 View Post
Just got mine in the home end because the away end will sell out before my loyalty points, got my ticket in the SEJ stand 8 next to the Palace fans, anyone know if many Palace are doing the same?
Did you create an account to buy??
Old 24-03-2018, 09:07 PM

wrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is herewrightchipvcfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentEagle1 View Post
If many are better to keep it quite didn't fulham few years back check addresses with cpfc and cancell fans tickets who had brought from fulham
Old 25-03-2018, 12:29 AM

SuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Well that was easy enough
Old 26-03-2018, 01:07 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
It's a tough one Scro. At Watford I have done both and it is a difficult choice.

2 seasons ago we sat in the 'front row' At Watford the front row is actually Row D, so not actually pitch level. I'll grant you it is low down, but this is the view

and I've had many worse 'front row' views,notably West Brom and the old Upton Park where sitting even an adult couldn't see over the pitchside boards.

Last season at Watford (Boxing Day) we went three quarters of the way back and my son stood on his seat. Great view.

Problem now is that he is a height where if he stands on his seat, it is worse for the person behind than having Peter Crouch standing in front of them - him standing on his seat makes him about 7 foot tall. That is not fair and reasonable to others. Standing without standing on his seat and he cannot see.

Also,it is usually my luck that when I do think sod it, lets just go further back and get a better view, we end up next to the HF, which is not really our cup of tea (admittedly a totally subjective opinion)

So we are stuck between a rock and a hard place at the moment!

Fortunately for most away games, getting in very quickly when the away season ticket phase goes on sale is a great solution, as I can choose specific seats further back (ie not pitchside) which are behind stairwells, horizontal aisles or similar, where we know we can sit and watch the game yet also without having people stand in front of him blocking his view. The 'perfect seats' if you like.

Quite a few people in the away season ticket phase are of a similar mind, because these sort of seat positions always sell out in minutes!

So as I say,at most grounds, detailed knowledge of the away end layout and getting in quick means I can get great seats anyway. There are just a handful of away ends (Huddersfield and Watford are two that come to mind) where it is just plain banks of seats, and the best choice is simply to go at the front, and sometimes, (like at West Brom or Bristol City or Brighton in the cup) if there is an empty block, move there so we can sit further back without having to stand.

At Huddersfield, to be fair we were front row, but everyone behind us in row 2 was standing, so we decided to stand anyway as we weren't directly inconveniencing anyone, and its no fun sitting in a snowstorm with ice on your seat anyway

Interestingly, read an item yesterday about standing at Norwich City. Ground safety officers have forced Norwich to move kids from the main standing area in the ground (the Barclay End), because they were having to stand on seats to see.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

It was interesting to me because the ground safety officers chose to move those forced to stand on seats, rather than even attempt to do anything about those standing in a seated stand! This shows where we are now, and surely sections of designated safe standing cannot be far away in this country!
Do you know what i never really considered the in between height where they are too tall to stand on the seat but too short to see over the person in front if they stand on the ground! My son is currently able to stand on the seat without inconveniencing the person behind. Like you however i try and get in as early as possible to get front of upper tiers or a choice of seat with nothing behind or better still nothing in front.

TBF i recall spending much of my time in the holmesdale not being able to see much from the terrace as a kid when i was too "cool" to stand at the front behind the advertising hoardings but too small to see very well! So they have it quite good relatively.
Old 26-03-2018, 01:09 PM

Bubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli28 View Post
Dorking etc. anyone know where abouts the reduced legroom section is in relation to the rest of the away end?
isn't it the Ryanair block?
Old 26-03-2018, 01:17 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Id expect this to drop into the 3000s due to the timings of ticket phases, but will be sold out by Wednesday eve
Old 27-03-2018, 11:07 AM

Think i may have made a boob on this one and have ended up down the front EE?
Old 27-03-2018, 11:13 AM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Initially thought it would be right at the back, but had a look on view from my seat and someone with DD is down the front

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 27-03-2018, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post
Initially thought it would be right at the back, but had a look on view from my seat and someone with DD is down the front
Yeah which is my least favourite spot.. my son will like being up that close though.
Old 27-03-2018, 11:20 AM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
Think i may have made a boob on this one and have ended up down the front EE?
It appears you are right. The double letters appear to be down the front which is a mind ****. Almost got 2 in row GG before double checking online where GG is.
Old 27-03-2018, 11:37 AM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
Nearly bough HH before I checked here. Bugger that.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 27-03-2018, 11:47 AM

cheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm chancing on waiting to tomorrow as 4 of the 7 of us going don't have enough points , also stoke tkts as well ... fingers crossed !!!!
Old 27-03-2018, 12:10 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
I thought there was supposed to be a student price?