Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 30-07-2018, 04:36 PM
South Croydon's Finest

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav434 View Post
You're right, and I agree those with longest loyalty should be rewarded, but two years ago you could get a Watford away ticket with 1000 points, whereas this year you have to have 4000.

Inflation of 3000 points in two years has basically meant I can't keep up.
4000 points to see watford is nuts!!

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Dartford, Croydon, Bromley and the surrounding areas.
Old 30-07-2018, 09:38 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Raschic Ken View Post
Personally I think they need to drop older points, possibly keeping those from the Championship season, but dropping points from the two or three seasons after that. It's very difficult for newer fans to catch up now.

In the group I see games with, there are some who now go to very few away games, but have over 5000 points, so can cherry pick the big games. At the other end of the scale, my daughter got her first season ticket last season. She went to 13 of our away league games last season, but can only get tickets for the bigger games if others with more points don't go. It would be virtually impossible for her to catch up now.
If she’s managed to get tickets for more than half our away matches, I’d say that’s pretty good for a new ST holder following a Prem club.

There’s only a limited numbers of tickets available, so sometimes you have to accept that others are ahead on this. I’ve been a ST holder for nearly 30 years, yet I can’t get into the most limited allocations! It’s a small price that many of us have to pay as a consequence of the club becoming very popular with more fans, so I’m happy with that when I consider the bigger picture.

If you intend to go to nearly all the away matches, you could consider an away season ticket?
Old 30-07-2018, 09:57 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
If she’s managed to get tickets for more than half our away matches, I’d say that’s pretty good for a new ST holder following a Prem club.

There’s only a limited numbers of tickets available, so sometimes you have to accept that others are ahead on this. I’ve been a ST holder for nearly 30 years, yet I can’t get into the most limited allocations! It’s a small price that many of us have to pay as a consequence of the club becoming very popular with more fans, so I’m happy with that when I consider the bigger picture.

If you intend to go to nearly all the away matches, you could consider an away season ticket?
Yes, I had away season tickets for a couple of seasons, but school and games being switched to evenings make it difficult. I only missed two away games last season, but more difficult for the kids.

My point is more that if the club increase the points level each season, which they are doing, I don't see how a newer fan can ever catch up. Obviously someone like my daughter will pick up 500 points each season and pick up some points for away games, but she could be a regular for a decade and never catch someone who already has 6000 points and rarely goes away now. So my comment wasn't really about her missing out at this stage, it was more that people like her will struggle to catch up now.

Me and my son both have over 7,500 points and will be fine for any game for the foreseeable future as long as we continue to buy season tickets. I think 'loyalty' could become out of date.
Old 30-07-2018, 10:24 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Yes, I had away season tickets for a couple of seasons, but school and games being switched to evenings make it difficult. I only missed two away games last season, but more difficult for the kids.

My point is more that if the club increase the points level each season, which they are doing, I don't see how a newer fan can ever catch up. Obviously someone like my daughter will pick up 500 points each season and pick up some points for away games, but she could be a regular for a decade and never catch someone who already has 6000 points and rarely goes away now. So my comment wasn't really about her missing out at this stage, it was more that people like her will struggle to catch up now.

Me and my son both have over 7,500 points and will be fine for any game for the foreseeable future as long as we continue to buy season tickets. I think 'loyalty' could become out of date.
Loyalty became out of date as soon as burger bar parish points helped to get tickets
Old 30-07-2018, 10:30 PM

ForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietForestGateEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by King William View Post
Loyalty became out of date as soon as burger bar parish points helped to get tickets

You mean the income that increases the clubs ability to deal with FFP issues?
Old 30-07-2018, 10:32 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Purchase points from the shop or bar or whatever should go to offers on future purchases.
Ticket points should be separate and on a rolling 4-5 year cycle.
Old 30-07-2018, 11:51 PM
Prodigal Son

Mad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is hereMad Raschic Ken Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by King William View Post
Old 31-07-2018, 01:19 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:

I understand your point, I just accept that some people will have more points than newbies and I don’t consider that to be so awful.

As you’ve said, your daughter has been able to go to many away matches already. I know fans who struggle far more to get any tickets for their Prem club away matches...having to enter ballots and all sorts of qualifying categories just for the chance to see a few matches at most.

You’re surely not suggesting that newer fans should leapfrog somehow past those of us who have accumulated points over many years? And it’s really only the most popular matches that are tricky to see and a newer fan shouldn’t expect to be near the front of the queue for those. We’re a Prem, v popular club at the moment, so just enjoy the many matches that you’re seeing together and build up the points.

If you know someone with 6,000 points who rarely attends now, I suggest you ask them to help buy extra tickets for you whilst they can. Eventually they will slip down the points ladder and be overtaken by others picking up points at a much faster rate than they are.

And I agree that school and evening rearranged fixtures make an away ST not worthwhile for most of us parents. We’re in the same boat, but I’d rather be in the Prem and accept that we might see fewer live matches than back in the Championship, when tickets were usually plentiful.

Our child has had a ST since he was about 5, so you need to indoctrinate/encourage/force/bribe your ones younger.

Old 31-07-2018, 10:58 AM

Gollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is here
Online ticket system is down.
Old 31-07-2018, 11:21 AM
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I understand your point, I just accept that some people will have more points than newbies and I don’t consider that to be so awful.

As you’ve said, your daughter has been able to go to many away matches already. I know fans who struggle far more to get any tickets for their Prem club away matches...having to enter ballots and all sorts of qualifying categories just for the chance to see a few matches at most.

You’re surely not suggesting that newer fans should leapfrog somehow past those of us who have accumulated points over many years? And it’s really only the most popular matches that are tricky to see and a newer fan shouldn’t expect to be near the front of the queue for those. We’re a Prem, v popular club at the moment, so just enjoy the many matches that you’re seeing together and build up the points.

If you know someone with 6,000 points who rarely attends now, I suggest you ask them to help buy extra tickets for you whilst they can. Eventually they will slip down the points ladder and be overtaken by others picking up points at a much faster rate than they are.

And I agree that school and evening rearranged fixtures make an away ST not worthwhile for most of us parents. We’re in the same boat, but I’d rather be in the Prem and accept that we might see fewer live matches than back in the Championship, when tickets were usually plentiful.

Our child has had a ST since he was about 5, so you need to indoctrinate/encourage/force/bribe your ones younger.

Here is a worked example then.

Person A is older, has been going for years and has 7,500 points. That person has a season ticket, but also does Brighton away and a couple of of other big away games.

Person B is a younger fan with a 1,500 points, who goes to 15 away games a year.

In ten years' time, Person A has 13,100 points (current number plus 10*st + 10 seasons of 3 games at 20 pts each). Person B has 11,000 points (current number plus 10*st + 10 seasons of 15 games at an average of 30 points each). Meanwhile, each season the club increases the banding for priority from by say 750 to account for another season of points, so today's top band moves from 5,000 to 12,500.

Result is that Person A still has priority despite the fact that for a decade Person B has been far more of a deserving away fan.

The reality is far worse than this of course, because in order to get tickets for 15 away games as part of the group and without anyone else risking missing out, person B actually needs to use person A's points, meaning that the gap grows.

Obviously retail points are ignored here.

The England supporters' club is a much better system. Only four years' of games are counted and only 70% of tickets go to those on the top of the list, with the rest distributed by ballot. It gives people a genuine chance to climb the list and ensures that current rather than historic loyalty is rewarded.

A final point - if you were starting your 5 year old out now, you wouldn't be able to do it, for the reasons above!

Last edited by Mad Raschic Ken; 31-07-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Old 31-07-2018, 11:28 AM

SuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Tickets for premier league club are harder to buy *shocker*
Old 31-07-2018, 11:36 AM
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuttonExile View Post
Tickets for premier league club are harder to buy *shocker*
That isn't the point is it?
Old 31-07-2018, 11:37 AM
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Online ticket system is down.
Seems to be working now.
Old 31-07-2018, 11:38 AM

Gollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is hereGollum Sam the man is here
Yes, it's up again.
Offering tix in Row HH. Anyone know if that's near the front or the back ?
Old 31-07-2018, 11:41 AM

SuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
That isn't the point is it?
I agree it’s not the point. But I am surprised at how many thought it wouldn’t happen. I’m in the same boat as a few others, other commitments and getting tickets from friends or others on here mean I’ve only got 900 points. I definitely can’t commit to a season ticket financially. But it was always obvious to me that the club would increase the points threshold year on year. That’s the point I was making.
Old 31-07-2018, 11:45 AM
56 years and counting…

Chobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is hereChobham Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Personally I think they need to drop older points, possibly keeping those from the Championship season, but dropping points from the two or three seasons after that. It's very difficult for newer fans to catch up now.

In the group I see games with, there are some who now go to very few away games, but have over 5000 points, so can cherry pick the big games. At the other end of the scale, my daughter got her first season ticket last season. She went to 13 of our away league games last season, but can only get tickets for the bigger games if others with more points don't go. It would be virtually impossible for her to catch up now.
Yes I have similar problems. Your idea of keeping the points from the 2012/13 season but dropping say the next two years is a good one.
Old 31-07-2018, 11:47 AM
Prodigal Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuttonExile View Post
I agree it’s not the point. But I am surprised at how many thought it wouldn’t happen. I’m in the same boat as a few others, other commitments and getting tickets from friends or others on here mean I’ve only got 900 points. I definitely can’t commit to a season ticket financially. But it was always obvious to me that the club would increase the points threshold year on year. That’s the point I was making.
Fair enough. I just think the system needs an overhaul to stop someone like me living off the past and getting priority for ever more (not that I plan to reduce the number of games I go to any time soon). Will all be irrelevant if we get relegated at some point anyway!
Old 31-07-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Fair enough. I just think the system needs an overhaul to stop someone like me living off the past and getting priority for ever more (not that I plan to reduce the number of games I go to any time soon). Will all be irrelevant if we get relegated at some point anyway!
I actually think since we’ve been promoted, away ticket selling has been spot on. Except from taking reduced allocations etc. But this season seems to have an increase on loyalty points for away games, I understand Watford is a nearish game and always sells out. But the problem has always been home tickets getting in the hands of touts and away fans.

I would quite like if they lowered the thresholds for away games. Not just because I have a small amount, I can get tickets through friends and people on here anyway. But just so it gives fans that have to be selective with away games or people that can’t make it as much as ST Holders a chance. It’s very unlikely that away tickets will get into the hands of touts.
Old 31-07-2018, 12:14 PM

may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Choose seats option isn't working for me. Anyone else in the same position or is it my browser?
Old 31-07-2018, 03:54 PM
9.6 miles from Selhurst

dav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedav434 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Purchase points from the shop or bar or whatever should go to offers on future purchases.
Ticket points should be separate and on a rolling 4-5 year cycle.
This.