Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:21 AM

SW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSW11 Andy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Huddersfield RMT strike

Anyone know how it will affect those travelling via Leeds?
Old 08-09-2018, 12:33 PM

SuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSuttonExile : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
-

Last edited by SuttonExile; 10-09-2018 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-09-2018, 02:55 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
It's Northern that's on strike so going via Leeds should be unaffected as its LNER to Leeds and then Trans Pennine. Grand Central should be okay it changes at Mirfeld into TPE. The one that will be affected is Wakefield Westgate direct to Huddersfield which is Northern although I would have thought tickets would be accepted on any reasonable route?
Old 09-09-2018, 05:41 PM

Keith Powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKeith Powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKeith Powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKeith Powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKeith Powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKeith Powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKeith Powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKeith Powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKeith Powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKeith Powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKeith Powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
It's Northern that's on strike so going via Leeds should be unaffected as its LNER to Leeds and then Trans Pennine. Grand Central should be okay it changes at Mirfeld into TPE. The one that will be affected is Wakefield Westgate direct to Huddersfield which is Northern although I would have thought tickets would be accepted on any reasonable route?
Thanks for that information going via Leeds
Old 10-09-2018, 10:13 AM
Probationary User

6703728901 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning6703728901 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning6703728901 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning6703728901 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning6703728901 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning6703728901 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning6703728901 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning6703728901 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning6703728901 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning6703728901 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning6703728901 would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Transpennine express not affected, takes about 20 mins from Leeds, some stop at Dewsbury, real ale pub on platform if you have time.
Anyone on Grand central would need to get off at Mirfield or Brighouse as getting back to Hudds from Wakefield will be a nightmare. Worst comes to the worst you can get a taxi from Mirfield or Brighouse for a tenner, they're only about 4 /5 miles away, and there is a decent pub just outside Mirfield station. Brighouse has a Weatherspoons, Millers Bar is good, Barge has sky sports but there are some proper shitholes there as well.
Old 14-09-2018, 08:13 AM

ellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My ticket was taking me via Wakefield. How does this affect me?
Old 14-09-2018, 09:01 AM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellioteagle1 View Post
My ticket was taking me via Wakefield. How does this affect me?
Full LNER service to Leeds still passing through Wakefield Westgate and normal TPE across to Huddersfield from Leeds. If your ticket specifically states change trains Wakefield then Northern have no service on the direct route or even a replacement bus. Northern don't appear to have any info on the alternate but you can assume that this will be just go via Leeds. Northern's own rail planner from Wakefield WG puts you on LNER/Cross Country to Leeds then TPE to Huddersfield all day on Saturday. If you're travelling on LNER either give them a call or just get on as normal and just confirm this with the guard.

Grand Central should be unaffected as they connect at Mirfield with TPE.

Last edited by LN1; 14-09-2018 at 09:23 AM.
Old 14-09-2018, 09:25 AM

ellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineellioteagle1 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks for that. I’ve actually only got a return to Wakefield as was just going to buy the return to Huddersfield on the day.
Old 14-09-2018, 09:36 AM
like a shot in the dark

CP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is hereCP Satellite Sam the man is here
Quote:
Thanks for that. I’ve actually only got a return to Wakefield as was just going to buy the return to Huddersfield on the day.
We should meet up, I've only got a single from Westgate to Hudds!
Old 14-09-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
It will be via Leeds as it looks as if Northern have actually suspended the direct Westgate service service full stop now not just on strike days no doubt due the issues they've been having recently? You can still walk to Kirgate (10-15 mins) and get a train towards Huddersfield but the fare is similar as going via Leeds and hardly any quicker as there is a change at Mirfield on the Kirkgate route. Real 'D'oh' moment here as there being no Northern directs on Saturday due to the strike it didn't occur to me that they had already suspended the service
Old 14-09-2018, 02:47 PM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
It will be via Leeds as it looks as if Northern have actually suspended the direct Westgate service service full stop now not just on strike days no doubt due the issues they've been having recently? You can still walk to Kirgate (10-15 mins) and get a train towards Huddersfield but the fare is similar as going via Leeds and hardly any quicker as there is a change at Mirfield on the Kirkgate route. Real 'D'oh' moment here as there being no Northern directs on Saturday due to the strike it didn't occur to me that they had already suspended the service
I bought tickets to westgate then was getting a direct train from Kirkgate to Huddersfield.

Strike means the direct trains aren't running, so we're staying on the Westgate train up to Leeds and going from there. It's actually quicker, but i think i got the westgate/kirkgate change as it worked out cheaper

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 14-09-2018, 04:15 PM

AddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAddiscombeEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Fozzie View Post
I bought tickets to westgate then was getting a direct train from Kirkgate to Huddersfield.

Strike means the direct trains aren't running, so we're staying on the Westgate train up to Leeds and going from there. It's actually quicker, but i think i got the westgate/kirkgate change as it worked out cheaper
That's our plan, rather than get off at Wakefield, going to stay on to Leeds.