Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:20 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Piers Morgan calling in him a cheat and saying his knighthood should be taken away..... saying Sue me Bradley!
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-03-2018, 06:20 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
I would love Mr Farah to be innocent, but his coach is as smelly as they come and his transformation from good to world beater occurred not long after he moved out to Oregon.

Just take it.

As for cycling they are all at it, and always have been.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:22 PM

hulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehulkster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Im all for drug taking in athletics. Should be allowed. See which nation can build the biggest strongest roid jacked freaks.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:23 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
My issue with cycling is that it's fundamentally based on fitness and strength over massive distances rather than on talent. So how could you possibly end up with the same cyclists winning all of the time when you take into account all of the variables? It doesn't add up.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:25 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
The governing body should just allow them to do what they want and just advise on adverse health effects. That's the most even-handed way of dealing with it.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:27 PM

grand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgrand aigle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
What I dont understand is how it is a parliamentary committee that is calling him out and not the sports governing body.

Am I right in believing that they have called him out on ethical grounds as oppossed to actually breaking the rules? If so should the parliamentary committee be making public what in affect is simply their opinion or should we be pointing our fingers at the Sports governing body and question why their rules are so lax?
Hardly think that MPs are in any position to lecture anybody on ethics, seeing as they are the most unethical, pigs in the trough bunch of wankers in the world, possibly with the exception of the EU leaders
Old 05-03-2018, 06:38 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Wiggins has as good as admitted cheating in his own words. He said he takes the medication for races to compensate for his asthma.
Old 05-03-2018, 06:41 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Think every pro Cyclists has Asthma!
Old 05-03-2018, 06:44 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Mo Farah's story is a bit different.Whether there is more to come out of the Salazar allegations remains to be seen,but in this instance he hasn't done anything wrong.There are some questions to be answered over his flimsy excuse for missing 2 drugs tests a few years ago though.

In the case of Wiggins,Sky have basically legally cheated.They have somehow exploited the rules to their advantage and got away with it.Wiggins only ever took this supposed medication in the lead up to big races.It's about as fishy as it gets.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:20 PM

St.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSt.Francois : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I took up cycling eight or nine years ago. I'm a regular cyclist (once or twice a week), and my rides are generally flat out.

About four years ago I started getting chest pains and coughs that wouldn't go away, i suggested to doctor maybe was a mild asthma but they thought not. Only this year it was getting so bad so tried a different doctor, after tests was given an inhaler which has helped a lot, never had any wheezing etc.

This is after playing football/rugby/cricket my entire life and having no problems (I'm 36).

Only saying as I believe there are some theories that cycling and also swimming can somehow bring on asthmatic symptoms.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:22 PM
Green man

OldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldPeanutSeller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
My issue with cycling is that it's fundamentally based on fitness and strength over massive distances rather than on talent. So how could you possibly end up with the same cyclists winning all of the time when you take into account all of the variables? It doesn't add up.
Because cycling is a team game. Sky are thought by other teams to be the cycling equivalent of Man City - they can afford a host of top riders. Put the top cyclist in a crap team and he won't win.
Old 05-03-2018, 07:23 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Mo Farah takes more drugs than psychokiller.
Old 05-03-2018, 09:27 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
But PK has never failed a drug test
Old 05-03-2018, 09:33 PM

LSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLSEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My problem with all of this is that we see drug taking as black and white when it really isn't. As an athlete you are going to take any legal opportunity to improve performance and there's clearly a very grey area where the two meet
Old 08-03-2018, 09:40 AM
Banned by Moderators

bomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Piers Morgan calling in him a cheat and saying his knighthood should be taken away..... saying Sue me Bradley!
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Is that phone-tapper Piers Morgan calling out improper behaviour?
Old 08-03-2018, 10:29 AM
So then I says to Mabel

JamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJamTheEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberdear View Post
What mystifies me is why cycling has become such a big sport. You need some sort of drugs to alleviate the boredom of watching it.
Each to their own, I personally think Rugby is boring as hell.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:29 AM
Banned by Moderators

bomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for youbomberdear is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamTheEagle View Post
Each to their own, I personally think Rugby is boring as hell.
I watch it sometimes, but I don't understand half the rules, but a good try is entertaining. American 'football' though.. they can keep it.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:35 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
Wiggins has as good as admitted cheating in his own words. He said he takes the medication for races to compensate for his asthma.
Yes yes I recall at school all of the non-sporty undersized wimps with the blue breathing thingies were scouted for all kinds of sports and went on to become top of their games.
Old 08-03-2018, 11:36 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Francois View Post
I took up cycling eight or nine years ago. I'm a regular cyclist (once or twice a week), and my rides are generally flat out.

About four years ago I started getting chest pains and coughs that wouldn't go away, i suggested to doctor maybe was a mild asthma but they thought not. Only this year it was getting so bad so tried a different doctor, after tests was given an inhaler which has helped a lot, never had any wheezing etc.

This is after playing football/rugby/cricket my entire life and having no problems (I'm 36).

Only saying as I believe there are some theories that cycling and also swimming can somehow bring on asthmatic symptoms.

That or you are hell bent on winning and went to the doc for some cheat drugs. You are basically Russian
Old 08-03-2018, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberdear View Post
What mystifies me is why cycling has become such a big sport. You need some sort of drugs to alleviate the boredom of watching it.
It's because golf, the traditional post-footballing age sport, takes talent and skill and is very measurable.

MAMILs (Middle aged men in lycra) can just spend 4k on a bike and pedal it, and it doesn't matter the time because they just do whatever road they want to, and they are competitive sportsmen again. It's an ego thing.