Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-04-2017, 08:00 PM
I got to play at selhurst

mikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglefoz View Post
What I never liked about him (and still don't) is the fact that he had his fingers in the till at Bolton on player transfers involving his son as an agent. I have been consistent about this from the start and really hope that he has learnt his lesson in that respect.
Never thought England should have got rid of him for that stupid media stitch up, just shows how weak England are.

Since he has joined us I have backed him against my better judgement because of the above.
but
Was glad to see fitness levels improved because that was where Pardew let himself down.
Glad to see the style of play utilised using our counter attacking strengths.
Delighted with January signings - not convinced that Pardew would not have bought same players or similar given the chance.
Really enjoyed performances against Chelsea and Arsenal in particular, I was at both, and I am happy with his progress.
Can understand time it has taken fitness regime to bed in and did not expect instant turn round after Pardew left despite some on here claiming it would be.
Absolutely delighted that Little Sam joined who was a/the major part of the turn round in success.
I will now be happy to give the sam's more time to prove to me that they are going to develop the club, nurture some of the youth team through to first team squad (good start with Sulley being in and around squad btw), continue to stay on top of player fitness, continue and develop the good counter attacking style already set up and they are not going stab us in the back ala Pulis, get greedy ala BFS at Bolton.
If that transpires I do not care how many years they stay here, they will continue to get my backing.
But the constant chipping at Pardew on here is getting very tiresome and will eventually destroy the united support that there currently is. The man done his best, he made mistakes, you (you know who you are) now have had your way and he is gone. LET IT GO FOR ****S SAKE
My point to a tee
Old 21-04-2017, 12:22 PM
Supporting Palace away

Eagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle's Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A very good article on Big Sam, (written by a journalist who is a Charlton fan but nevertheless very objective) discussing how the media concentrated on the woes of Chelsea & Arsenal rather than the quality of Palace in our recent matches. Also suggesting Palace could be on the brink of real all around forward momentum.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 21-04-2017, 12:28 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Away View Post
A very good article on Big Sam, (written by a journalist who is a Charlton fan but nevertheless very objective) discussing how the media concentrated on the woes of Chelsea & Arsenal rather than the quality of Palace in our recent matches. Also suggesting Palace could be on the brink of real all around forward momentum.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Aatot.
Old 21-04-2017, 12:35 PM

rhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrhiannapaul came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
potential legend ? seasons not over yet and we are still could go down
Old 21-04-2017, 12:52 PM
Pilot of the storm

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
Hence "potential".
Old 21-04-2017, 01:06 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
Wanted him from day one and hope he stays for years to come.... I refused again last night to sing S L red N blue army.....Super Sam's​ Red N Blue army!!

Bit meaningless. When was day 1 exactly. when Pardew was sacked or when he was apponted, or earlier

MartinH , by the way you sum my feelings up very well. We seem to go round in circles like the economy. Boom to bust and back again.
Old 21-04-2017, 01:13 PM

dannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If he keeps us up and gets another big win against a top 6 team then he's well on his way to legend status with me as who would have thought we would have picked up the points we did after Sunderland?

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 21-04-2017, 01:14 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looong way to go. Hope he becomes a legend, but then I hope that for every manager.
Old 21-04-2017, 01:50 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Long way to go yet but you can see why he is so coveted in the game. Much like Pulis he is a fundamentally good manager in that he buys good players and good characters, his teams defend well and he finds a way to hurt teams with what he's got. I was speaking to a mate of mine who's a Blackburn fan the other day and he said that had Allardyce still have been there now they would be challenging for the top six every season. I just hope he doesn't end up like Pulis!
Old 21-04-2017, 01:50 PM

Pierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePierre : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
SA is certainly on the right path to being a 'legendary manager' however he firstly needs to at least achieve Premiership status for next season.
He is knowledgeable and worldly wise on football matters and comes across very well under scrutiny from the media ( I like what he says at his press conferences).

Since arriving SA has revitalised Palace from all angles- changing the backroom staff Sammy Lee and Martyn Margetson being two superb additions, changing the training methods to improve players fitness levels, introducing altitude training and bringing in new improved cryo chambers.
Its obvious SA has a much wider net and a far keener eye when it comes to the cloak and dagger business of transfers, January's window being sensational in terms of recruiting.
If Palace stay up and SA, his backroom staff and the board can have a successful summer window, start the season with an upgraded squad to this year, fully fit ready to start there is no reason why Palace cannot strive to be a top 8 Premiership team next season.
Then as far as I'm concerned SA will start to warrant/deserve legendary status.
Old 21-04-2017, 01:55 PM

maestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is heremaestro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
Our identity as a club matches his in the way he gets his teams playing.
Definately

Imo he is a great manager.

I was watching the young eagles press conference earlier and when asked what the team could improve on he didnt reply about keeping clean sheets or set plays it was improving our passing through the midfield and wanting to be more positive in our passing

And some people call him a dinosaur

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 21-04-2017, 01:55 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
if we stay up, but aren't in the top 6 by Christmas next season, the moaning about his style of play will start
Old 21-04-2017, 02:05 PM
Palace Addict

trufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettrufan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If we stay up, I think he deserves a huge amount of credit. When you consider our appalling form over the previous year - and how doomed we looked when he arrived - securing Premier League status would be a magnificent achievement.
Old 21-04-2017, 03:29 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilem View Post
The only thing stopping me from being as excited as you are, is i remember being similarly impressed with AP in first half season with us.

Seems the perfect fit for us in near future - just hope he doesnt get horrednously found out like AP did. I recall some awful second half of seasons during BFS time at WHU - lets see what happens

Down to him or the cheeky boys who own the club?
Old 21-04-2017, 03:31 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by orp pisshead1 View Post
Another bang on the money post. Really hope Parish and co realise what they have at the club. Personally I'd offer him the security of a 5 year deal with bonuses or wage increases year on year. He loves living in London which a huge bonus for us
I'm sure they do and that is why they recruited him.
Old 21-04-2017, 03:33 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
like anyone else, SA is only 5 defeats in a row away from being called a clown who should be removed as soon as possible and replaced by someone from the lower leagues with a name that someone likes that they read did a good job somewhere
Old 21-04-2017, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannapaul View Post
Thanks for that, enjoy the moment mate look forward and look up.
Old 21-04-2017, 03:40 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
.... replaced by someone from the lower leagues with a name that someone likes that they read did a good job somewhere
Anyone remember Karl Robinson?
Old 21-04-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
SA is certainly on the right path to being a 'legendary manager' however he firstly needs to at least achieve Premiership status for next season.
He is knowledgeable and worldly wise on football matters and comes across very well under scrutiny from the media ( I like what he says at his press conferences).

Since arriving SA has revitalised Palace from all angles- changing the backroom staff Sammy Lee and Martyn Margetson being two superb additions, changing the training methods to improve players fitness levels, introducing altitude training and bringing in new improved cryo chambers.
Its obvious SA has a much wider net and a far keener eye when it comes to the cloak and dagger business of transfers, January's window being sensational in terms of recruiting.
If Palace stay up and SA, his backroom staff and the board can have a successful summer window, start the season with an upgraded squad to this year, fully fit ready to start there is no reason why Palace cannot strive to be a top 8 Premiership team next season.
Then as far as I'm concerned SA will start to warrant/deserve legendary status.
A big ask but why not.
Old 21-04-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommercialStone View Post
if we stay up, but aren't in the top 6 by Christmas next season, the moaning about his style of play will start
No it won't if we are at least mid table. We have had to endure years of kick and rush or negative tactics with average players. Sam has already changed that.