Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 26-04-2018, 07:31 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Queen - Killer Queen.

Everything else was shit.
Old 26-04-2018, 07:56 PM

Hampshire Hog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHampshire Hog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHampshire Hog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHampshire Hog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHampshire Hog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHampshire Hog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHampshire Hog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHampshire Hog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHampshire Hog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHampshire Hog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHampshire Hog : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I’m not s fan but bohemian rhapsody????
Old 26-04-2018, 08:11 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
The buggles...no contest
Old 26-04-2018, 08:27 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridcully View Post
The buggles...no contest
It's great.
It's not Mmmm Bop great.
I'm sure Trevor Horn used to live somewhere around South Norwood Hill where I was going to school at the time.
Might have been Pollards Hill though.
Old 26-04-2018, 08:50 PM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Paper dolls - something here in my heart
Old 26-04-2018, 10:09 PM

cappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Buggles had another biggish hit, Living In The Plastic Age, better than Radio Star, IMHO
Old 30-04-2018, 10:33 AM

Lords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLords Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
It was that period in the mid-80s when Levi's ruled the jeans world (is Levi's even still going as a brand? I honestly don't know)
Still going? Never wear any other jeans, they have shops all over the place but are ridiculously expensve over here, I wait till someone I know goes to the states and get them to get some for me at about 1/3 the price as here!
Old 01-05-2018, 11:34 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Rhythm Of The Rain - The Cascades. Their only UK hit

Old 16-06-2018, 09:09 PM

cappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mike Reid - The Ugly Duckling
Old 22-06-2018, 07:17 AM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here

"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
"Victory has a hundred fathers and defeat is an orphan."
Old 18-08-2018, 07:54 PM

Reg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is hereReg_Maudling Sam the man is here
I have enjoyed this thread having my memory of some great songs triggered

So many more to choose from too

I offer two to start

Love is in the air by John Paul young

And also Pop Music by M

The first is pop perfection and the second I came gradually realise is a pop masterpiece
Old 18-08-2018, 09:57 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here

Apologies if this was posted earlier.

Someone surely must have!
Old 18-08-2018, 11:28 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post

Apologies if this was posted earlier.

Someone surely must have!
In it's day this was a fine album. Not sure it ages as well as some but that probably goes for me too so can't complain heard this in a HiFi shop while auditioning my first decent floor standing speakers. Took them and the album home with me and a Stephen Bishop album that was also playing. Also went home broke but happy.
Old 19-08-2018, 01:32 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by evvo111 View Post

Johhnie Reggae produced by the world famous/notorious Jonathan King
Old 19-08-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
In it's day this was a fine album. Not sure it ages as well as some but that probably goes for me too so can't complain heard this in a HiFi shop while auditioning my first decent floor standing speakers. Took them and the album home with me and a Stephen Bishop album that was also playing. Also went home broke but happy.
Old 19-08-2018, 07:39 AM
Significant Udder

Direwolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
Are Pink Floyd technically a one-hit wonder band? I thought they only had Another Brick in the Wall Pt II, the one with the famous refrain, as their sole hit.
Didn't See Emily Play chart in the 60's?
Old 19-08-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
Didn't See Emily Play chart in the 60's?

It did indeed.
Old 19-08-2018, 07:56 AM
Significant Udder

Direwolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for youDirewolf is just too good for you
I only know that really because Bowie did a cover of it on the Pinups album.
Old 19-08-2018, 09:08 AM

legaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
It did indeed.
And Arnold Layne?
Old 19-08-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legaleagle2 View Post
And Arnold Layne?
I don't know. I'm not really a Pink Floyd fan.
I only knew about the other one because it was mentioned on a
BBC4 music documentary.