Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 02-09-2017, 06:56 PM
Banned by Moderators

jimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjimmy the gent came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Palare View Post
I hate the t0ssers. Are to London culture and music as Dick Van Dyke was............................................... ........................................
.................................................. ..........................................
.......as Dick Van Dyke was.

As for 'Chelsea supporting' Suggs, you could not imagine a more perfect union of fakes.
What a strange band to hate. I can get that they might not be up your street (or in the middle of your street, for that matter), but hating them?

I'm not a huge fan myself, always seemed a bit lightweight in comparison to The Specials and Dexys, but i like them when it comes on the radio, and if they passed my way would be happy to see them live. Wrote some catchy songs, one or two great songs, generally took the piss and had a laugh. Whenever i've seen them in interviews they've seemed like decent down to earth chaps that would probably be a good laugh over a few pints.
Old 25-03-2018, 05:25 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Did anyone get along to see Suggs one man show tour, ‘What a king C-nut’?

Went to last night’s show in Dunfermline. Really enjoyed it from start to finish. Never managed to see Madness live, so was quite a moment watching Suggs at close quarters, sing songs I’ve loved and admired since I was a nipper.

The set up is basically him and a pianist, Deano. It centred on his ‘fame’ years and was predominantly about stories of how Madness made it and then the ‘madness’ of fame. Was genuinely very funny and poignant in places.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 25-03-2018, 05:37 PM

hatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is herehatter8142 Sam the man is here
Always liked Madness seen them several times over the years and always been a great gig. Saw them last summer at Victorious festival in Southsea and they were terrible. If you get a chance to see Mainly Madness who I know play in Sutton quite regularly go and see them they're brilliant.
Old 26-03-2018, 08:17 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post

Went to last night’s show in Dunfermline. Really enjoyed it from start to finish. Never managed to see Madness live, so was quite a moment watching Suggs at close quarters, sing songs I’ve loved and admired since I was a nipper.

The set up is basically him and a pianist, Deano. It centred on his ‘fame’ years and was predominantly about stories of how Madness made it and then the ‘madness’ of fame. Was genuinely very funny and poignant in places.
Disappointing that you put your own personal enjoyment above those of the feelings of Brian May.

It is why I would never ever consider going to see Suggs gassing on about irrelevances despite you badgering me to do so.

Maybe a good idea to next time think about May and her husband Anita Dobson before purchasing a ticket?
Old 26-03-2018, 10:30 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Disappointing that you put your own personal enjoyment above those of the feelings of Brian May.

It is why I would never ever consider going to see Suggs gassing on about irrelevances despite you badgering me to do so.

Maybe a good idea to next time think about May and her husband Anita Dobson before purchasing a ticket?
HA. Jesus. Precious much?
Old 26-03-2018, 12:21 PM

Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Repo Man has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Quote:

I saw it in Brighton about a month or so back, enjoyed it but preferred his first one man show he did a few years previously (maybe because I saw that in the back room of the Kings Head in Islington rather than in a 'proper' theatre)
Old 26-03-2018, 01:04 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
HA. Jesus. Precious much?
Without having a clue about what ES is going on about, I found his post amusing.

Nevertheless, here are some fascinating facts about Madness:

My favourite track is 'My Girl's Mad at Me'

I swapped my copy of some Madness hits CD with a friend for Elvis Costello's 'Spike' album

An ex girlfriend of mine worked at various care homes, and recognised an old mental patient of hers in one of the videos. It was an old lady, opening or closing a window, perhaps in House of Fun.

House of Fun is about buying condoms.

That's all I have.
Old 26-03-2018, 01:18 PM
Monkey Shadow

simplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsimplex came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Madness = Aqua/Vengaboys of the 80s... comedy band
Old 26-03-2018, 01:43 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Without having a clue about what ES is going on about, I found his post amusing.

BUBBS told me in his show Suggs tells the tale of Brian May falling out with him after Suggs made reference to the fact that May and her husbands hair were very similar.

I was due to go along to the show with BUBBS, but after it was cancelled last month due to the weather I could not make the rearranged date

I love Madness, grossly under rated IMO.

So many great and fun tunes, but this one less fun as it about the homeless. Not as commecially succesful as many or their others, but it is one of my favourites and was penned by Suggs and Mark Bedford.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 26-03-2018, 01:52 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
BUBBS told me in his show Suggs tells the tale of Brian May falling out with him after Suggs made reference to the fact that May and her husbands hair were very similar.

I was due to go along to the show with BUBBS, but after it was cancelled last month due to the weather I could not make the rearranged date

So many great and fun tunes, but this one less fun as it about the homeless. Not as commecially succesful as many or their others, but it is one of my favourites and was penned by Suggs and Mark Bedford.

I think as the years have advanced, like many women of a certain age, Anita Dobson has toned her hair down with a more restrained, shorter cut.

Brian on the other hand, well he's still clinging on to his glorious poodle pomp with all his might.
Old 28-03-2018, 01:37 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplex View Post
Madness = Aqua/Vengaboys of the 80s... comedy band
So wrong. Do not let their ‘nutty boy’, modest personas trick you into thinking this isn’t a good little band that have written a string of great tunes.

As he explains, Exiled Stirling was referring to Suggs rubbing Brian May up the wrong way after making a joke about his and Anita’s hair on his Virgin radio show. Apparently, he was summoned to see the Virgin boss who told him they’ve never had so much hate mail in response. His show was then pre recorded as Suggs couldn’t be trusted to go live anymore.

Suggs tried to clear the air one day when he saw May in a car, but May didn’t accept it and I think called him a ‘a knob’ or something. Suggs punctuated these stories in his show by holding a loft a long brown curly wig for comic effect.

Wasn’t entirely sure if the ‘fued’ was real but having read a couple of articles I think it is.

The only down part of the whole show was when he sang a small part of ‘Chelsea, Chelsea’ when talking about anacdotes from Chelsea winning the FA Cup in ‘97, to their Champions League semi at Anfield, where he ended up in the Liverpool end, got recognised, things thrown at him and spat at and then thrown out of the ground and missed the match.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 28-03-2018, 01:57 AM
It's lit bruh!

Asagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAsagaya_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Used to love them growing up, but don't think their music has aged as well as other ska bands of the same era. There are some very good tracks, but most of it's pretty lame. They also butchered It Must Be Love - unforgivable.
Old 28-03-2018, 06:23 AM

Quote:

I think that’s Suggs’s wife in the video.

- John Peel
Old 28-03-2018, 06:48 AM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDobbo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Photobooth's 4 pics for 60p dates it somewhat ! What does it cost now ? A fiver maybe ?
Old 28-03-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
I think that’s Suggs’s wife in the video.
That is what I thought when I watched it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asagaya_Eagle View Post
Used to love them growing up, but don't think their music has aged as well as other ska bands of the same era. There are some very good tracks, but most of it's pretty lame. They also butchered It Must Be Love - unforgivable.
Labi Siffre made a cameo appearance on the video for 'It must be love' looking quite happy, so think he approved.

Their is nothing lame about their 2009 album 'Liberty of Norton Folgate'. It has some fantastic tracks on it, such as Forever Young. I particularly love this one, which to me anyway, captures perfectly the breakdown of a relationship. Rhoda Dakar features on vocals (ex Bodysnatchers) with Suggs. Just perfectly somes up in a few minutes the juxtaposition of one person still hanging onto the past while the other wants to end it and move on, with single minded determination. As BUBBS says not just the Nutty Boys, there is some real well observed depth to many of their songs.

Old 28-03-2018, 09:03 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
My ickle daughter knows all the words to In the Middle of the Night as used to sing it to her every night for weeks at zzzzztime and she joined in.

Embarrassment is my personal favourite out of all followed by Grey Day.
Old 28-03-2018, 11:50 AM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
My ickle daughter knows all the words to In the Middle of the Night as used to sing it to her every night for weeks at zzzzztime and she joined in.

Embarrassment is my personal favourite out of all followed by Grey Day.

One step beyond sung at derby all those years ago got adapted to one goal ahead etc