Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 04-05-2009, 02:20 PM

eagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle101 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hang on - should 'Arry actually buy Muntari, why could Bostock not dislodge him?
Old 04-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Banned by Moderators

the kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva
No doubt when he ends up playing for Bromley he'll say that Palace fans ruined his confidence or some other bollocks.
the inevitable has already happened in football manager game

Old 05-05-2009, 02:19 PM

Bounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
May 2008, one year ago........

""When I made my debut against Watford, I was ready to commit my future to Palace and could see myself playing a hundred games in no time, but I was stagnating.

I need to be at a club where I can continue my development."

"I like Tottenham's playing style, I will be training with the first team.

I could have gone to big clubs, like Chelsea or Barcelona, but Spurs offers me the best career progression. That is my belief."

Old 05-05-2009, 03:27 PM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty_Killa

""When I made my debut against Watford, I was ready to commit my future to Palace and could see myself playing a hundred games in no time, but I was stagnating.

I need to be at a club where I can continue my development."

I could have gone to big clubs, like Chelsea or Barcelona, but Spurs offers me the best career progression. That is my belief."

"Could have gone to big clubs"

No wonder Spuds have ignored him after that comment

Anyway, he would have been a regular now in the Palace first team (if he had been good enough) so he's made his cake, now he can lie in it.
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 06-05-2009, 09:15 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I note also that Redknapp says he will be "buying players in their prime" at Tottenham. Don't expect him to be investing in the time it will take for Bostock to make the grade. What a waste, stupid stupid boy.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:30 AM
HF05

P.Hep was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldP.Hep was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldP.Hep was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldP.Hep was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldP.Hep was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldP.Hep was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldP.Hep was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldP.Hep was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldP.Hep was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldP.Hep was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldP.Hep was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
don't get me wrong I think the guy is a souless **** for his decision & hope he rots in reserve leagues forever, but, playing devil's advocate here, can anyone tell me how he would've even nearly fitted in to the style of play we've been involved in this season?!
Old 06-05-2009, 11:35 AM
War Chief

Cleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCleon came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Hep
don't get me wrong I think the guy is a souless **** for his decision & hope he rots in reserve leagues forever, but, playing devil's advocate here, can anyone tell me how he would've even nearly fitted in to the style of play we've been involved in this season?!
He was the natural replacement for Ben Watson. We actually played some good football in spells when Ben was pulling the strings, and Bostock would have continued to provide the passing ability we completely lost when Watson was injured & subsequently sold.

The stuff about not fitting into the pattern of play was rubbish designed to deflect people from the fact he was going to Spurs for the cash. Had he stayed here he would have played 20 games this year, and maybe 30+ next year.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:43 AM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounty_Killa
Does anybody know whether this turned out to be true? Did he train with Spurs' first team last season? I'm sure he did occasionally but I'd be very surprised if it was the norm. Anybody know?
Old 06-05-2009, 12:46 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElwissAtMemphis
Does anybody know whether this turned out to be true? Did he train with Spurs' first team last season? I'm sure he did occasionally but I'd be very surprised if it was the norm. Anybody know?
When I saw some pics of him earlier in the season he was either training with the reserves or the youth team. I think I saw it on SSN.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:47 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleon
He was the natural replacement for Ben Watson. We actually played some good football in spells when Ben was pulling the strings, and Bostock would have continued to provide the passing ability we completely lost when Watson was injured & subsequently sold.

The stuff about not fitting into the pattern of play was rubbish designed to deflect people from the fact he was going to Spurs for the cash. Had he stayed here he would have played 20 games this year, and maybe 30+ next year.
Absolutely. When Oster played in the middle he didn't look too bad either.

Pure bollocks made up by the bostocks.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:40 PM

Tony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTony came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye-dee
... he's made his cake, now he can lie in it.
And he wants to have his bed and eat it
Old 06-05-2009, 02:02 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
His 'I was stagnating' comment was almost as funny as Hudson's 'I joined Charlton as they have a better chance of going up!'

I can sense a thread coming on.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:09 PM

Gooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is here
Do players adopt the style of play of a team or does the style of play depend on the ability of the players?

If we still had Ben we would playing a different way. I believe the same might have been true if we'd retained Bostock.

Our style of play has deteriorated in recent months because we didn't have the ability to play any other way, IMHO.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:27 PM
looking to curl one!!!!

Dingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDingle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooders
Do players adopt the style of play of a team or does the style of play depend on the ability of the players?

If we still had Ben we would playing a different way. I believe the same might have been true if we'd retained Bostock.

Our style of play has deteriorated in recent months because we didn't have the ability to play any other way, IMHO.
Agree with this. I think if Bostock had been retained, we'd have played much more of a passing game like we did when Watson was in the team. If we had kept both Bostock and Watson, we would have had two great passers of the ball in midfield and as a result, we'd have been stupid to play the "long ball," route that we have seen this season.

Also Bostock's arguement of leaving because Palace's style of play didn't suit him is absolute rubbish. Warnock told John he would build the team around him, which is a clear sign that we'd have played a passing game on the ground, with Bostock the focal point. I'm still amazed he didn't stay to be honest, we'd have been better for his development than Spurs.

Last edited by Dingle; 06-05-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:27 PM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony
And he wants to have his bed and eat it
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 06-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
I think Bostock's a cock for going, but I still don't think people can confidently say that staying with Palace would have been better for his development.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:02 PM

Bounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBounty_Killa : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
I think Bostock's a cock for going, but I still don't think people can confidently say that staying with Palace would have been better for his development.
Hmm, I'm not so sure. A whole season (injury free) playing football in the Championship would have been far better for him and his development than what he has done for the last year. I think he had an Uefa cup appearance, I could be wrong, which would have been his highlight of the year but apart from that....... what else has he done to improve his game and to develop him as a footballer? I mean he can train everyday at a posh training ground with the 1st team, wooooopeeee doooo but you just cannot beat hands on experience in a REAL match week in and week out.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Banned by Moderators

the kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Landthe kooch is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro
Of course it would. Playing 40+ games in the Championship or as someone else put it, a reserve game attended by a man and his dog? I see what you mean, we're a below average team who plays hoofball but experience wise I think this year could have been productive for him, especially as it's the year he's turning from 17 to 18 a vital year for a footballer.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:28 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
In answer to the above posts, I'm not sure what is meant by 'his development'.

Yes, he would have played more games in front of more people if he'd stayed at Palace, but my point is, it's far too early to know for sure whether he's getting other things such as a better footballing education, or better future opportunities by being at Spurs.

It's the same point with Routledge. People seem to think that if he'd stayed with us he'd not be...erm...a player playing for a mid table CCC club by now. Who really can say?
Old 06-05-2009, 05:29 PM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDom the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I wish a career ending injury upon him.

Last edited by Dom the Eagle; 06-05-2009 at 11:21 PM.