Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 31-01-2018, 01:13 PM
Gambler

L'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietL'head Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On the plus side, although a long walk through a housing estate to Stratford Station, got straight onto a tube and back to Waterloo by 10.30.
Old 31-01-2018, 01:26 PM
South Penge Massive

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Its a dreadful experience. Been in the top tier only and I would rather watch it on a stream. Almost.

I know we are supposed to welcome this grand new stand of ours ( I have my doubts), but I really do hope we don't lose something. It's not like Selhurst rocks all the time, in every area, but it is a damn sight better than most.
Insightful post. Couldn't agree more. Steep sided stands with fans close to the pitch, every day of the week.

Who funds the anti russia propaganda site bellingcat? http://newsvideo.su/video/9455566
Pretty obvious really.
Old 31-01-2018, 01:27 PM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
no beer at HT yday
Old 31-01-2018, 01:27 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy View Post
On top of everything mentioned above, woefully inadequate toilet provision
The toilets weren't designed for a football crowd.

For athletics, people are going in and out at various stages over a 6-8hr period. There might be peaks just before a big event so nobody missed out, but generally it's spread out.

For football, people go for a piss 10 minutes before kick-off, a 10-15 minute window at half-time and then a 10 minute window at the end.

There aren't enough toilets with cope with the foot traffic, nor are they designed to get people in and out quickly (i.e. go in one end, out the other).

Can't blame the stadium designers - they didn't know the government would end up being spineless turds and hand over the stadium on a plate to a couple of rich blokes rather than it being used exclusively for the main design purpose.
Old 31-01-2018, 01:33 PM
Only One Dougie Freedman

GrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is hereGrayP41ace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch View Post
no beer at HT yday
This topped the whole game off for me.

Not even a couple of shit overpriced lagers on offer to numb the boredom of the second half. Then the 2 and a half hour journey home.

Loved it
Old 31-01-2018, 01:49 PM

Johnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is hereJohnnieboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxoneagle View Post
The toilets weren't designed for a football crowd.

For athletics, people are going in and out at various stages over a 6-8hr period. There might be peaks just before a big event so nobody missed out, but generally it's spread out.

For football, people go for a piss 10 minutes before kick-off, a 10-15 minute window at half-time and then a 10 minute window at the end.

There aren't enough toilets with cope with the foot traffic, nor are they designed to get people in and out quickly (i.e. go in one end, out the other).

Can't blame the stadium designers - they didn't know the government would end up being spineless turds and hand over the stadium on a plate to a couple of rich blokes rather than it being used exclusively for the main design purpose.
Completely agree with all of that. Once they knew what its legacy use would be though, installing some more loos shouldn't have been beyond the wit of the parties involved. As you say, everyone knows when football crowds will be taking a leak and that the original provision would not be adequate.
Old 31-01-2018, 01:51 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Haven't been, don't want to, but I'd be gutted if that was us, give me good old SP all day long. Upton Park was an iconic, proper football ground in the heart of its community, seriously I'd rather be relegated than forced to watch Palace play in an athletics stadium.
Old 31-01-2018, 04:13 PM
Since 1905

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Lots of rubbish posted here. Not that surprised, it's primarily come from people clearly annoyed that West Ham got to rent a 60,000 stadium on the cheap so determined to find fault at everything possible.
It was less than a fortnight ago we played at the Emirates. That is a terrible soulless matchday experience!

The view yesterday I had from middle of upper tier was far better than I had away at Newcastle earlier this year or previously at Sunderland (sure there were fewer steps as well)
Considering the atrocious standard of football on offer yesterday which wasn't exactly geared to get crowd singing there was a fair bit of singing from the home crowd and the acoustics are a lot better than many new grounds which are as quiet as museums or libraries

Got in and out of ground easily. Searching supporters after they've crossed bridges rather than at turnstiles was surprisingly efficient. No problems getting a drink before game (both in pub and inside ground)
The bubbles machines felt a bit out of place and were odd but a hundred times better than clappers.

I've been to the stadium a dozen or so times for various athletics events and was a lot more impressed with it's use for football than I was expecting.
Old 31-01-2018, 04:19 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post
Lots of rubbish posted here. Not that surprised, it's primarily come from people clearly annoyed that West Ham got to rent a 60,000 stadium on the cheap so determined to find fault at everything possible.
It was less than a fortnight ago we played at the Emirates. That is a terrible soulless matchday experience!

The view yesterday I had from middle of upper tier was far better than I had away at Newcastle earlier this year or previously at Sunderland (sure there were fewer steps as well)
Considering the atrocious standard of football on offer yesterday which wasn't exactly geared to get crowd singing there was a fair bit of singing from the home crowd and the acoustics are a lot better than many new grounds which are as quiet as museums or libraries

Got in and out of ground easily. Searching supporters after they've crossed bridges rather than at turnstiles was surprisingly efficient. No problems getting a drink before game (both in pub and inside ground)
The bubbles machines felt a bit out of place and were odd but a hundred times better than clappers.

I've been to the stadium a dozen or so times for various athletics events and was a lot more impressed with it's use for football than I was expecting.
No?

I went there last season and wouldn't go back for football.

Not enough toilets, two tier away end with a massive gap in between them and a crap journey home for all those who stayed until the end.
Old 31-01-2018, 04:23 PM

VKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses grow
London Stadium - what a waste of money

Not sure if there is a thread about this already but this was my first visit and I can easily say it is the worst stadium I have been to -

1) walk up to the stadium surrounded by their fans (took the Pudding exit on the DLR) and getting the usual abuse.

2) Had to queue up through security with the t***s, one pretending to set fire to my scarf, another thinking she had priority in the queue being a spam.

3) Toilets, half of the space inside which could have been used for urinals is just left empty. Massive queues, despite it being a new stadium. Made the Arthur Wait toilets looks bearable!

4) The 500 steps to get to your seats.

5) Watching the game in a different post code from the players!

6) Trying to use the big screens to help work out what was going on but then realizing it is ten seconds behind play!

7) Away fans split up by a massive gap between lower and upper

8) Half time no alcohol was served to away fans, this despite home fans having it sold to them

9) Having to walk back to the shopping centre the long way

10) The atmosphere or lack of it.

Only nice thing was when the steward told one boy to put his cigarette out and then told him that the only place he does not go to check is the toilets. Boy was not really getting the nudge, nudge, wink, wink though.

Would only go back if in the lower end. Would be happy enough that they went down to welcome in a better away day!
Old 31-01-2018, 04:24 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post

Glad you enjoyed it.

And being "better" than the Emirates isn't exactly a barometer of matchday experience.

I still think it's shit and won't go and see football there for many reasons, including the one you mention that it shouldn't be a ******* football stadium anyway.
Old 31-01-2018, 04:27 PM
Registered Snoozer

TomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yeah, but they won the World Cup though, cut 'em some slack, me old China
Glasner. Hodgson. Viera. Hodgson. De Boer. Allardyce. Pardew. Warnock. Pulis. Holloway. Freedman. Burley. Hart. Warnock. Taylor. Dowie. Kember. Francis. Bruce. A. Smith. Coppell. Venables. Lombardo. Coppell. Bassett. Coppell. A. Smith. Coppell. Mullery. Kember. Gradi. Allison. Venables. Allison. Head. Graham. Rowe. G. Smith. Spiers. Scott. Dawes/Slade. Rooke. Butler. Irwin. Moyes. Bromilow. Tresadern. Mavin. Maley. Goodman. Robson.
Old 31-01-2018, 04:28 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
There is zero jealousy involved. Plenty of modern grounds I've enjoyed and I'd be happy to say so.

The acoustics were ok, but it takes forever to get anything going. The fact is thousands of West Ham fans hate it.
I've not even got an issue with a poor view, but I felt so un-involved. Might as well have had a moat around the stadium. It was like a Sunday league game at a rec it took so long to get the ball back.
Old 31-01-2018, 04:28 PM

VKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses growVKR1888 knows where the wild roses grow
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomEagle View Post
Yeah, but they won the World Cup though, cut 'em some slack, me old China
and they blow them ever so pretty bubbles around the ground!!!
Old 31-01-2018, 04:29 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Anyone from the upper tier get any pictures of the views?
Old 31-01-2018, 04:35 PM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
Pudding lane dlr was a great choice pity they had to shut the entrance gates for a while
That was a bit bizarre; I got through and it wasn't like the train we got on was packed.
Old 31-01-2018, 04:42 PM

Reg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietReg_Maudling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
They have sold their soul and even if they get in the champions league there is nothing that compensate for that
Old 31-01-2018, 04:44 PM

East-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEast-End Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I won’t be going back
Old 31-01-2018, 04:45 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
I thought their fans were quite load. Certainly more so than at Upton Park.
Old 31-01-2018, 04:48 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by VKR1888 View Post
Only nice thing was when the steward told one boy to put his cigarette out and then told him that the only place he does not go to check is the toilets. Boy was not really getting the nudge, nudge, wink, wink though
How old was the boy?