Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 25-06-2016, 12:05 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Multinationals will now blackmail the UK government. Tax cuts or they leave. They are now the same size fish in a smaller pond.
Old 25-06-2016, 12:12 PM

Richard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is hereRichard Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
I am sure Richard promised me that banks would only move euro clearing types and not anyone else at all whatsoever.

That didn't last long
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm61 View Post
The jobs that could be moved from the UK would be in euro clearing, as well as other investment banking functions and senior management.

Morgan Stanley today denied reports that it had begun the process of relocation: “The UK’s vote to leave the European Union is a very significant decision which will have a considerable impact, the extent of which will not be known for some time. There will be at least a period of two years before an actual exit takes place, so there will be time to implement any changes required to adjust our business to the new environment.
I appreciate that emotions are running high, but let's just see shall we ?

Personally, I can't see investment bankers / senior management and their families wanting to live in Frankfurt (dull as dishwater) or Paris (70+% tax) - but nice to know that you are focussed on all strata of society.
Old 25-06-2016, 12:14 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ford considers UK job cuts after Brexit vote as carmakers eye future - Country produces 1.6m autos annually, mostly for export

The group, which closed two UK plants in 2012 with the loss of thousands of jobs, said it “will take whatever action is needed” to keep its operations competitive.

Many of the world’s largest car groups have manufacturing operations across Britain, and about 80 per cent of the cars that roll off UK production lines are destined for export — half of those to the rest of the EU.

Nick Gill, automotive expert at Capgemini, said: “If I’m a carmaker and I’m taking a decision on where next to place my model, are you going to do it in a market that’s small with concerns around currency and its distribution into other markets, or will you put it [in a place] with safety in currency and a large market for sales?”
I doubt Brexiters care about jobs because they have guaranteed incomes. It is about something else for many of them.
Old 25-06-2016, 12:15 PM

eagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is hereeagleborn Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Personally, I can't see investment bankers / senior management and their families wanting to live in Frankfurt (dull as dishwater) or Paris (70+% tax) - but nice to know that you are focussed on all strata of society.
They won't necessarily have to. The business as a whole though may move. It's those at the bottom of the chain again who will suffer.
Old 25-06-2016, 12:23 PM

DHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
I doubt Brexiters care about jobs because they have guaranteed incomes. It is about something else for many of them.
Considering I'm due to be starting a graduate job in October which could be put in jeopardy by the vote, but I also chose to vote to leave, I think your sweeping statement is a touch wide of the mark in a number of cases.
Old 25-06-2016, 12:25 PM

DHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDHeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
They won't necessarily have to. The business as a whole though may move. It's those at the bottom of the chain again who will suffer.
In the case of investment banks, the bottom of the chain are earning upwards of £70k/year..
Old 25-06-2016, 12:34 PM

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Control has been taken back from the Eton and Oxbridge educated toffs in the establishment and given to the Eto.....oh,...no...wait.
Old 25-06-2016, 12:40 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Control has been taken back from the Eton and Oxbridge educated toffs in the establishment and given to the Eto.....oh,...no...wait.
In other words Bullingdon 2.0
Old 25-06-2016, 12:44 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Control of what precisely?

Seems to me that nobody knows what to do or how to do it anyway. But we have control?

Cricket wanker.
Old 25-06-2016, 12:45 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
This thread has echoes of something that I am surprised is so extensive. That many people voted leave to 'shake things up'. I get the need to shake things up, I agree that the vote is one mechanism but what I don't get is why anyone would choose the referendum as the right 'vote' to shake up. As I said on a different thread I don't want to give the impression that there are millions, because I don't know but I am genuinely surprised at how many people that I have chatted to that voted Leave that cite that reason.

Whatever the drivers - that's it now.
Old 25-06-2016, 01:17 PM

cdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Who cares they can't speak German or French - they will be replaced by Germans and French...
Old 25-06-2016, 01:28 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Who cares they can't speak German or French - they will be replaced by Germans and French...
Exactly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 25-06-2016, 01:30 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:

The finance sector provides really quite a lot of the U.K.'s total tax contribution, in case you were not aware.

That means we can pay for many things, like hospital schools, regional funding (which we will not have from thenEU any more) and wot not.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 25-06-2016, 03:27 PM

Malaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
How the fk do you work that out?
I voted out , i am over retirement age, still work (self employed),
still have a mortgage and a pittance of a pension.

Last edited by Malaga Eagle; 25-06-2016 at 03:30 PM.
Old 25-06-2016, 03:36 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaga Eagle View Post
Indeed I still work, have a pension, have a mortgage to pay, my wife works, my two young boys work. We all voted out.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 25-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaga Eagle View Post
You probably voted the wrong way then.

Cricket wanker.
Old 25-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Red with brass buttons

Jordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is hereJordan's Jacket Sam the man is here
Still with the Brexiters in charge face with reduced tax income and growing debt I hope nobody complains about the cuts in benefits, social welfare and essential services.
Old 25-06-2016, 03:43 PM

cdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Indeed I still work, have a pension, have a mortgage to pay, my wife works, my two young boys work. We all voted out.
Then you might change your mind when you have no jobs and your house is repossessed
Old 25-06-2016, 03:47 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
The finance sector provides really quite a lot of the U.K.'s total tax contribution, in case you were not aware.

That means we can pay for many things, like hospital schools, regional funding (which we will not have from thenEU any more) and wot not.
and will be even more when you retire
Old 25-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Quote:
Then you might change your mind when you have no jobs and your house is repossessed
lol You do make me laugh.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]