Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 25-06-2016, 08:56 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santos-er View Post
Tough ******* shit if you've borrowed beyond your means. ****s me of when people are stupid, then those of us who are careful with our finances have to foot the bill.

I could've borrowed 400k last time I moved, but we didn't need more than 3 bedrooms or want to have mortgage payments that stretched us, so we stuck at 130k. I also have a 10-year fixed rate that I took out 5 months ago.

If a couple of % on the interest rate screws you I have no sympathy whatsoever.
I have sympathy for people that made a error of judgement when buying a house....Why on earth would you not?
Old 25-06-2016, 09:14 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Tough ******* shit if you've borrowed beyond your means. ****s me of when people are stupid, then those of us who are careful with our finances have to foot the bill.

I could've borrowed 400k last time I moved, but we didn't need more than 3 bedrooms or want to have mortgage payments that stretched us, so we stuck at 130k. I also have a 10-year fixed rate that I took out 5 months ago.

But you were in a totally different position from most first time buyers who have to stretch themselves to the limit to get a foothold in the housing market. Many won't even have the benefit of decent year on year wage increases if interest rates start to rise. The process of exiting the EU is going to cast a cloud over our economy for some time.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 25-06-2016, 10:49 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffle Coat View Post
Listening to Any Answers on Radio 4. Interesting how the generational gap between leave and remain kept coming up. The remain younger vote or non-vote felt seriously betrayed by their seniors( one guy had stopped talking to his parents!). Totally understand this sentiment. It's not even about mortgaging the futures of the young as much as beggaring them. Furthermore, I imagine many of the 100,000 who signed the petition for a second referendum (taking it to 1.5 million!) over the half hour that the programme was on no less, were the young. In years to come, the backlash from the young on the so called establishment will be ferocious. Who could blame them?
I voted Remain and am not at all happy about the result, but this whinging from the young about older voters is ageist bullshit. It's probably a stronger argument to say that teenagers shouldn't be voting on the future of the country when they've had so little experience of it.

In reality all adults' votes are equal, and that's how it should be.
Old 25-06-2016, 11:03 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
I voted Remain and am not at all happy about the result, but this whinging from the young about older voters is ageist bullshit. It's probably a stronger argument to say that teenagers shouldn't be voting on the future of the country when they've had so little experience of it.

Only people who passed their driving test first time should be allowed to vote

Or drive for that matter
Old 25-06-2016, 11:34 PM

cdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcdm61 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Here we go.....No More Vermin Poles...To view the link you have to Register or Login

What a shambles this is...disgusting.
Old 26-06-2016, 12:08 AM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
All these areas just voted for the Tory right, lets see how this goes for them.
Old 26-06-2016, 08:57 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Why are peopke thinking they are proving North Kent Eagle wrong by citing their own examples. The demographics speak for themselves.
Indeed. There will now be slower growth and higher government expenditure on debt interest. People losing their jobs isn't going to help. The odd thing is that immigration won't reduce and may even increase after the Le Touquet agreement is ended. Brexiters are going to be in for a big disappointment. Let the Gove/Johnson dingbats sort out their mess.
Old 26-06-2016, 09:03 AM
Question!

AJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is here
The Le Touquet treaty is not going to be ended.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 26-06-2016, 09:11 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ's right boot View Post
The Le Touquet treaty is not going to be ended.
Why would the French not end it?
Old 26-06-2016, 09:14 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Because they would be swamped if there was any inkling that UK entry was easy?
Old 26-06-2016, 09:16 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
Because they would be swamped if there was any inkling that UK entry was easy?
But they wouldn't be swamped - they would just pass people on and not retain them.
Old 26-06-2016, 09:18 AM
Question!

AJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is hereAJ's right boot Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
It has nothing to do with EU membership and everything to do with the large amount of money the UK deposits into Frances current account to be there. You're gonna have to trust me on this, I have no desire to talk about my job on public forum but the Le Touquet treaty is kinda my thing.

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 26-06-2016, 09:18 AM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hollande said yesterday that France does not tear up international treaties.
Old 26-06-2016, 09:19 AM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
Quote:

And when did you buy your first house?
Old 26-06-2016, 09:21 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ's right boot View Post
It has nothing to do with EU membership and everything to do with the large amount of money the UK deposits into Frances current account to be there. You're gonna have to trust me on this, I have no desire to talk about my job on public forum but the Le Touquet treaty is kinda my thing.
OK - that sounds like some knowledge from someone who does know what they are talking about - that is good to know at least.
Old 26-06-2016, 09:22 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post

The MORI poll showing the age breakdown was a poll of only 4000 people.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 26-06-2016, 09:26 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Quote:

I am in a similar position whoever we are lucky first time buyers have no option they are having to take 35 year mortgages and really stretching themselves to buy. Still as long as you are in a good position **** everyone who isn't nice attitude
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 26-06-2016, 09:27 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
But they wouldn't be swamped - they would just pass people on and not retain them.
No because it would be illegal to permit passage without documentation - any transport company would be put out of business if it did.

The checks would still be at the point of departure, which would totally f*ck up the tunnel and the ferries. That would not please our friends in Europe as their exports won't be getting to the UK and Ireland so easily.
Old 26-06-2016, 09:30 AM
A Fish without a Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
No because it would be illegal to permit passage without documentation - any transport company would be put out of business if it did.

The checks would still be at the point of departure, which would totally f*ck up the tunnel and the ferries. That would not please our friends in Europe as their exports won't be getting to the UK and Ireland so easily.
While I am pursuaded by AJ's response yours is simply wrong - prior to the agreement around 80k people got to the UK to claim asylum. That reduced to 30k after the agreement.

Getting rid of the agreement would mean going back to the previous situation which patently meant more people in the UK.
Old 26-06-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
OK - that sounds like some knowledge from someone who does know what they are talking about - that is good to know at least.
FFS!