Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 16-05-2018, 10:58 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
As usual, you miss the point. TA-A came through all the England age groups, and was endorsed by Gerrard, so is already royalty. Bissaka wasn't even noticed. You evidently can't see the bias.
I despise the whole rotten and useless "England set-up", and would prefer our players to avoid it.
‘As usual,’ ouch No I just know nothing about the England youth teams, have based my opinion of Alexander Arnold purely on his performances for Liverpool. That sounds like an obvious bias.
Old 16-05-2018, 11:18 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
‘As usual,’ ouch No I just know nothing about the England youth teams, have based my opinion of Alexander Arnold purely on his performances for Liverpool. That sounds like an obvious bias.
It will be interesting to see what happens to Brewster, our "elite clubs" system seems to result in promising young players migrating to the German league, to get playing time.
Old 17-05-2018, 12:42 AM

Madden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial Empire View Post
It will be interesting to see what happens to Brewster, our "elite clubs" system seems to result in promising young players migrating to the German league, to get playing time.
Hasn't really happened for Egbo!
Old 17-05-2018, 04:09 AM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWELLSEagle View Post
This is the World Cup ffs. Plus 29 is young for a centre back. Nonsense
Agree the tournament is THIS summer it’s about here and now and Tomkins should be in the squad imo.
Old 17-05-2018, 08:43 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by montrealeagle View Post
Begs the question, would Southgate really have picked Zaha ?
The press would've told him he dives so probably not.
Old 27-05-2018, 08:52 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Tarkowski has withdrawn from the standby list as he needs an op...

No announcement on any replacement yet, any chance for Tomkins though? Even if it the shitty standby list! Prolly Mawson or some other failure.
Old 27-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
Tarkowski has withdrawn from the standby list as he needs an op...

No announcement on any replacement yet, any chance for Tomkins though? Even if it the shitty standby list! Prolly Mawson or some other failure.
Mawson is injured hence why he wasn't on the list.
Old 27-05-2018, 08:58 PM
Fort Neef massiv

Glɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGlɑzier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden View Post
But it has for Sancho (so far) and Lookman. Both those players were in with an outside chance of making the England squad, but just as well they probably didn't, still too young I think.
Old 27-05-2018, 09:19 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Wouldn't want Tomkins to go TBH. He needs the break to get his body ready for another gruelling season. Going as some sort of stop gap sitting in the stands isn't going to get him an England career and so he should really pass. Of course, no one would and I would no doubt be chuffed for him if he got the nod but just think it's a bad idea. 2 games a week etc. etc.
Old 28-05-2018, 02:18 PM

swhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineswhib : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Can't believe he's not even being mentioned after his displays this season, typical bloody England team.
Old 29-05-2018, 09:28 PM

16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine16eagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He had a good half season, need to do it longer or have real potential like maguire and stones. Right decision end of. Do it for 38 games next season and we will see. That’s only way he ever had chance.
Old 29-05-2018, 09:34 PM

lee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlee_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16eagles View Post
He had a good half season, need to do it longer or have real potential like maguire and stones. Right decision end of. Do it for 38 games next season and we will see. That’s only way he ever had chance.
How many games has RLC played ?
Old 30-05-2018, 06:41 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Real potential, like Maguire?

Maguire isn't fit to lace Tomkins boots
Old 30-05-2018, 08:24 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden View Post
Egbo is 20, he left for Mönchengladbach when he was 17. He wasnt even in our first team. He has played 60 times for Mönchengladbach II and made his first team debut this season. I think it is happening for him, it’s abit early to say it isnt.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by MFBias; 30-05-2018 at 08:28 AM.
Old 30-05-2018, 08:31 AM

Yogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietYogya came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Egbo is 20, he left for Mönchengladbach when he was 17. He wasnt even in our first team. He has played 60 times for Mönchengladbach II and made his first team debut this season. I think it is happening for him, it’s abit early to say it isnt.
Agree it early to say, but my guess is he would have gone out on loan if he stayed with Palace. Not sure move has exactly helped to accelerate his development
Old 30-05-2018, 09:30 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogya View Post
Agree it early to say, but my guess is he would have gone out on loan if he stayed with Palace. Not sure move has exactly helped to accelerate his development
Time will tell.

If you read the article I posted afew posts up you will see he says he has grown alot since his move, so the player himself seems to think he has developed due to the move.
Old 30-05-2018, 09:50 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post

In the past England had great central defenders - think of who is available today and the silly prices they have gone for (Stones). Cahill not even a first choice for Chelsea. At least Southgate has dropped the worst English keeper and with his background as a player should be able to coach the defence
Old 30-05-2018, 10:03 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post

Maguire = carthorse

He is always last ditch and always looks capable of a huge blunder. Whereas Tomkins has been as steady as they come all season!
Old 30-05-2018, 10:55 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
While I think Tomkins is better than Maguire... I wouldn’t describe him as shit at all. Always impressed me when I’ve seen him play... he looks like he can pass it too. When he was at Sheffield United, I wanted us to sign him.
Old 30-05-2018, 11:23 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Let us know when Stones brings out that potential beyond a few good games for Everton prior to his transfer. And Maguire shipped 10 goals in the last 2 games so deserves his place definitely.

Southgate is a pillock.