Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old Today, 11:22 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BERT'S HEAD View Post
Newcastle will be looking and playing for three points just like every team that comes to Selhurst these days.
Really? That wasn't the case last season, and we were fighting a relelgation battle. Other teams give us the respect we deserve. Newcastle parked the bus and it put it into neutral. They were the most defensive side I saw at Selhurst last season iirc.
Old Today, 11:28 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
I agree with your theory but deal with the parking of the bus another way.

Townsend———-Luka——-kouyate——-Meyer
——————ayew—————zaha——————-

Kouyate is actually very good at making lung busting runs through the midfield to support attacks and compared to jimmy similar. Perhaps the edge of the area shooting swings to jimmy but if Newcastle do Park the bus we could get a lot of free kicks and corners with zaha, Townsend, Meyer, ayew, Pva and AWB all running at people with pace

Without benteke our best aerial threat is likely to come from Tomkins and kouyate. That for me give the edge to kouyate. If we take the lead beit set piece or otherwise I’d fancy us to get more chances on the break as Newcastle come forward but until that time the height of kouyate and Tomkins has the potential to be decisive

Edit. These set pieces could be ideal for Luka to get the kick start he looks to need atm
You can have all the runners in the world, but if you can't pass the ball you won't get anywhere. I get what you are saying about Kouyate's height. He has many positive attributes, but passing isn't one of them. Milivojevic can pass when he has someone decent next to him to take the pressure off, but he's not the best. Neither is McArthur, although both are better than Kouyate. You're left with just Andros who is reliable. It's not good enough in a home game when Newcastle will likely sit back. That's why Meyer is the call, but will Hodgson change a winning side? Highly unlikely. So i reckon 4-3-3. AND IT WILL PISS ME OFF IF WE SEE WILF DEFENDING THE LEFT BACK!

0-0 is the most likely scoreline.