Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 04-11-2018, 09:23 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Singaporean in London?
Old 04-11-2018, 10:19 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Is there a distinct Singaporean cuisine? I had great food out there but it was a mixture of several different "Asian" styles. Fish head curry and chilli crab were my highlights.

Anyone got recommendations for Korean in either central or southeast London? I know that New Malden is the epicentre but I never find myself in that part of the world.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:38 PM

Eaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is hereEaglesmad123 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by catty View Post
Singaporean in London?
Bugis Street Brasserie would be my choice. Very authentic too.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:44 AM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Singaporean in London?
Once had a company thing at 'Singapura' restaurant which was nice, but I can't actually recommend as it was years ago. I gather they're still going though.
Old 05-11-2018, 01:30 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am going to the rugby on Saturday and would appreciate a suggestion or two for a good pub lunch around Clapham Junction/Twickenham area. Suspect it will be very busy indeed so can go further afield if needed.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:13 PM
No Self Control

catty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcatty came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesmad123 View Post
Bugis Street Brasserie would be my choice. Very authentic too.
Looks good, thanks.
Old 17-12-2018, 03:30 PM

Crozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nobody going out anymore ?

I was at The Frog in Hoxton Square recently (Adam Handling). Had the £60 tasting menu, which was very good value (particularly as I wasn't paying !!).

Not everything hit the spot (cheese donuts are not for me), but really interesting and enjoyable with each course served and explained by one of the kitchen brigade.

Off to Bodean's in Soho Thursday for a pre-beer session stomach lining.
Old 18-12-2018, 08:26 AM
No Self Control

We're a bit quiet at the moment. The Swan in West Malling for lunch on boxing day (our old local), then the Fordwich Arms for Dinner on the 29th. I've booked Bugis Street Brasserie as recommended above, in February.

We are thinking of a weekend in London in March so will look forward to that!
Old 19-12-2018, 06:01 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
If you're going between Ashford and West Malling Catty then you could do worse than the 'West House' in Biddenden. It's a bit tiny and twee but that's part of the charm but bookings could be a problem given time of year for a michelin place.

Down the road you have 'Raja of Kent' in St Michaels (nr Tenterden) which is a pretty decent curry and nice place for somewhere 'off piste' but I haven't been in a while. I think I mentioned on another thread that Gregg Wallace had moved to the area so that's a problem, it's smack in the middle of our places so I drive through quickly on the off chance I encounter the c~nt and am moved to violence.
Old 20-12-2018, 08:43 AM
No Self Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST View Post
If you're going between Ashford and West Malling Catty then you could do worse than the 'West House' in Biddenden. It's a bit tiny and twee but that's part of the charm but bookings could be a problem given time of year for a michelin place.

Down the road you have 'Raja of Kent' in St Michaels (nr Tenterden) which is a pretty decent curry and nice place for somewhere 'off piste' but I haven't been in a while. I think I mentioned on another thread that Gregg Wallace had moved to the area so that's a problem, it's smack in the middle of our places so I drive through quickly on the off chance I encounter the c~nt and am moved to violence.
We've been to the West House a couple of times, it is lovely, but can be a pain getting weekend bookings. We haven't been to the Raja of Kent but intend to, we are a bit spoilt around here for curry!
Old 15-01-2019, 09:11 PM
Bring Back Elgin

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Off to The Star at Harome in a few weeks. Michelin starred - Andrew Pern

Looking forward to that
Old 16-01-2019, 10:13 AM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone been to Silka in Borough? Been recommended by a friend who knows his curries and the menu does look nice.
Old 19-01-2019, 07:43 AM

Crozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCrozzy71 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Zuma for dinner on Wednesday. Not been for ages so very excited, more-so as I'm not paying !!
Old 20-01-2019, 08:36 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Ting - great views, food hit and miss (which was to be expected)
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 20-01-2019, 09:04 AM
A source of real news

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
We've been to the West House a couple of times, it is lovely, but can be a pain getting weekend bookings. We haven't been to the Raja of Kent but intend to, we are a bit spoilt around here for curry!
Down that way on Thursday, had lunch in the To view the link you have to Register or Login at East Farleigh. Quite nice.

mik59 Brexit post 97654 "you could rule the result illegal tomorrow and still Brexit is enshrined in UK law"
Old 20-01-2019, 09:13 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Off to The Star at Harome in a few weeks. Michelin starred - Andrew Pern

Looking forward to that
I went last year. It was very good.

Last time I was there was in the late 70's!
Old 20-01-2019, 09:28 AM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
Brasserie Blanc is nice.
Ended up in the Waterloo BB mid week, great menu.
50% off mains for up to 4 people until mid Feb.
Old 20-01-2019, 11:15 AM
Bring Back Elgin

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
I went last year. It was very good.

Last time I was there was in the late 70's!
Good to hear.

Just treated my mum and dad to a night and dinner there for his 80th as well.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:16 AM
Regretting my username...

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Sad news from Scotland. Andrew Fairlie has passed away.

Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:35 AM
Made in Bromley

monkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Does anyone know if ‘The Stage Door’ Greek steak house is still there, opposite Wimbledon theatre? We used to travel miles for their steaks back in the day, well from South Norwood.