Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 22-01-2019, 11:08 AM
A source of real news

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambridge Eagle View Post
Does this apply to (advisory) referendums? I thought perhaps not?
I think it did in the last one, I'll let you do the googling.

mik59 Brexit post 97654 "you could rule the result illegal tomorrow and still Brexit is enshrined in UK law"
Old 22-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse-80s View Post
Corbyns just spunked his chance of being Prime minister and caved in to the establishment , The Neo-liberals , Remoaners and Berlin have done what they set out to do and nothing will change for those at the bottom of the pile as usual , So much for Labour being the party for the working class and poor , Blair will be singing Corbyns praises next .
The UK Parliament no longer runs the country democratically , We are reduced to a mere EU lapdog that cannot be let off the lead ..
Long way to go yet - give TM another few weeks to come up with a deal and if this can’t get through then extend A50 and have a break from all this. End of the summer referendum and which I predict a Remain (and Reform) campaign will win
Old 22-01-2019, 11:10 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Companies are having to prep for no deal (any temps for this will be just that).
It might also be worth looking at the Governments definition of 'employment'.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:14 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
I can't see the Representation of the People Act being changed for the sole purpose of including all possible remainers.

There is no justifiable reason for including long term emigrants, foreigners or children.
There are reasons, you just don't agree with them because it makes the decision you want less likely.

Last edited by chelmsfordeagle; 22-01-2019 at 11:16 AM.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:15 AM

Cambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I think it did in the last one, I'll let you do the googling.
I'll take your word for it. I didn't think the Irish and people from Malta would have been covered by the Acts, yet they were allowed to vote.

Last edited by Cambridge Eagle; 22-01-2019 at 11:18 AM.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:15 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Well at least one Tory MP is prepared to admit what really motivates her voting

Quote:
Nadine Dorries, a prominent Tory Brexiter, claimed she and her colleagues were beginning to reconsider, given efforts of other backbenchers to push for a second referendum or a delay to Brexit.

“I can feel a growing consensus among a number of MPs, faced with these Europhile kamikaze MPs, who really don’t care about their careers going up in flames,
Career before country. Nice.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:16 AM
moist

chelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is herechelmsfordeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Indeed. Employment in a meaningful sense is far far worse than the government figures.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:20 AM
A source of real news

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Are you suggesting they've changed it to make it look like there's an increase?

mik59 Brexit post 97654 "you could rule the result illegal tomorrow and still Brexit is enshrined in UK law"
Old 22-01-2019, 11:24 AM
A source of real news

Quote:
I'll take your word for it. I didn't think the Irish and people from Malta would have been covered by the Acts, yet they were allowed to vote.
I can't be bothered to google the act but they probably are, they can both vote in a GE.

Old 22-01-2019, 11:28 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Given the question would have to be different the result can't be the same.
poor skintofbrain.

SaulAlinsky
Old 22-01-2019, 11:29 AM
moist

Quote:

I think he is saying that the figures in no way represent unemployment in the UK. He is saying this because unemployment figures in no way represent unemployment in the UK.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:29 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
Yesterday Theresa May rejected any proposed suspension of Article 50, and insisted that we will leave the EU on March 29th. She also rejected the idea of a second referendum on the basis that it would sew discord, undermine democracy and destroy “social cohesion” in the country. Meanwhile the Tories have been systematically demolishing social cohesion in this country since coming to power in 2010 with their austerity-driven policies and the creation of ever-greater inequalities. In other words, the Tories have already created the perfect environment for social discontent.

Then UKIP and others saw the opportunity to exploit this environment to support their xenophobic agenda, blaming the dire state of the country on foreigners. Boris and others then cooked up a series of lies about how much better off the country would be out of Europe, spread malicious untruths through social media using illegally-culled data, and rubbished every expert view on the adverse consequences of leaving as “Project Fear”. The referendum of 2016 was carried out in this political climate. And we are being asked to uphold this major achievement of democracy as opposed to asking the country what it now believes, in the light of the information that has since emerged, whether it still wants to leave the EU.
agreed.

SaulAlinsky
Old 22-01-2019, 11:30 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Lol

Pure comedy gold. You are wasted here Racey, get yourself on a stage
So we can pelt him with rotten fruit?
Old 22-01-2019, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Why don't you google it?

SaulAlinsky
Old 22-01-2019, 11:34 AM

Cambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCambridge Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I can't be bothered to google the act but they probably are, they can both vote in a GE.
Can they? Again I'll take your word for it.
Old 22-01-2019, 11:40 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
No.

But if you are concerned that might be a possibility, by all mean conduct some research. After all, you're the one with the science degree.
Old 22-01-2019, 12:13 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
There is no justifiable reason for including long term emigrants, foreigners or children.
Yeah, **** the people its going to impact
Old 22-01-2019, 12:17 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I can't see the Representation of the People Act being changed for the sole purpose of including all possible remainers
I'll ignore comment at end but on 1st part, it doesn't have to be as each ref is legislated for separately on a case by case basis I.e. we don't have standing, generic statute on referendums.
Old 22-01-2019, 12:26 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Yeah, **** the people its going to impact
"I've got my vote, the rest can **** off or show some commitment!"
Old 22-01-2019, 12:55 PM
A source of real news

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
I'll ignore comment at end but on 1st part, it doesn't have to be as each ref is legislated for separately on a case by case basis I.e. we don't have standing, generic statute on referendums.
You can always have amendments, as I remember it there was an attempt to include children in the Brexit vote but it was rejected.