Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Will be interested to see how Kennaugh gets along.
Old 22-08-2010, 08:42 AM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST

Will be interested to see how Kennaugh gets along.
All quiet on the Velogames fantasy front.....it's not leaving me long to sort out my team!
Old 22-08-2010, 10:55 AM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
I'm up for this. I need my revenge after my TDF débâcle.
Old 22-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
The velogames thing still not set up. Oh well 6 days to go, I think I'd just be pinning tails on donkeys anyway.
Old 25-08-2010, 08:31 AM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
I'm up for the Velogames Vuelta too, although their website is still not updated. I suspect it will be much harder to call given that so many will be using as a warm up for the World Championships
Old 25-08-2010, 10:23 AM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestinian
I'm up for the Velogames Vuelta too, although their website is still not updated. I suspect it will be much harder to call given that so many will be using as a warm up for the World Championships
Absolutely. There'll be riders dropping out halfway through. No skill needed then. I might have a chance.
Old 26-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Noot! Noot!

Still nothing on the Velogames website and nothing on the guy's twitter page, I don't think it's going to happen.

As to the Vuelta itself, To view the link you have to Register or Login.

My tip is Frank Schleck for this one but you just don't know how it's going to play out between him and his brother.
Old 26-08-2010, 09:07 PM

stange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestange555 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST
Still nothing on the Velogames website and nothing on the guy's twitter page, I don't think it's going to happen.

As to the Vuelta itself, To view the link you have to Register or Login.

My tip is Frank Schleck for this one but you just don't know how it's going to play out between him and his brother.
I'll go for Menchov for the win and Cav not to finish
Old 30-08-2010, 05:34 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Bit of an upset yesterday with Cav getting beat in the sprint. Anyone watch it? I'd never heard of the bloke that beat him.

Werner Herzog
Old 30-08-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excowboy
Bit of an upset yesterday with Cav getting beat in the sprint. Anyone watch it? I'd never heard of the bloke that beat him.
Yes, he's won 5 or 6 sprints this year after being there or thereabouts in loads of others for a year or two now. The FDJ team didn't select him for the TDF 'cos they didn't think it was worth it if he finished ''only'' in the top six places in the sprint finishes. He was pretty upset about not being selected, so maybe that was a spur for him to go on and do better.
Today's stage was quite good. There was a 1.8km climb at 5% to the finish which Philippe Gilbert (Omega) won in some style.

Oh and for the GC it's Menchov for me.
Old 31-08-2010, 06:25 PM

Very sad news today in the cycling world ...

Two-time Tour de France winner Laurent Fignon has died at the age of 50 following a battle with cancer.

The Frenchman won the Tour in 1983 and 1984 and was second in 1989 when he lost by eight seconds, the smallest margin in the history of the race.

Fignon was quite an intelligent guy compared to a lot of the other pros. He may even have had the nickname of ''l'intellectuel'' when he was part of le peloton, I'm not sure. He was also pretty outspoken too at times, if he had anything to say, he'd say it. After retiring he started organising races, amateur ones to start with, then Paris-Nice and Paris-Corrčze amongst others. He then became a pundit on Eurosport (France) then France Télévision mainly to give his professional and often witty opinions during the TDF. He announced his cancer a while back but continued commentating on last year and this year's TDF, although I must admit, he did appear understandably tired at times, and some days he didn't commentate because of the heavy treatment he was going through. He will above all be remembered for the 1989 TDF he lost by 8 seconds on the final day TT in Paris against Greg Lemond.

RIP Laurent
Old 31-08-2010, 06:26 PM

Old 31-08-2010, 06:35 PM

Old 31-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Noot! Noot!

Only just learnt the news about Laurent Fignon after having looked to see what had happened in the Vuelta.

Saw a few bits and pieces with him over the TDF this year - defiance in the face of adversity.

RIP, legend.
Old 31-08-2010, 08:14 PM

When I arrived over here and got into cycling big time, i was obviously a fan of the British riders Millar, Kelly and Roche, but I must admit I had a soft spot for Fignon and his little ponytail.
Old 31-08-2010, 08:19 PM

This happened on the last stage of last year's TDF. The first guy is the sport's boss on France Télévision thanking Fignon for commentating the TDF despite his cancer. This one got to me.

Old 31-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Returning to obscurity

Palestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is herePalestinian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabbott
Very sad news today in the cycling world ...

Two-time Tour de France winner Laurent Fignon has died at the age of 50 following a battle with cancer.

The Frenchman won the Tour in 1983 and 1984 and was second in 1989 when he lost by eight seconds, the smallest margin in the history of the race.

Fignon was quite an intelligent guy compared to a lot of the other pros. He may even have had the nickname of ''l'intellectuel'' when he was part of le peloton, I'm not sure. He was also pretty outspoken too at times, if he had anything to say, he'd say it. After retiring he started organising races, amateur ones to start with, then Paris-Nice and Paris-Corrčze amongst others. He then became a pundit on Eurosport (France) then France Télévision mainly to give his professional and often witty opinions during the TDF. He announced his cancer a while back but continued commentating on last year and this year's TDF, although I must admit, he did appear understandably tired at times, and some days he didn't commentate because of the heavy treatment he was going through. He will above all be remembered for the 1989 TDF he lost by 8 seconds on the final day TT in Paris against Greg Lemond.

RIP Laurent
V sad, although from the news snippets here via the TdF, not a surprise
Remember his wins in the TdF, it was at about that time that I begun my interest in cycling
Old 31-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Noot! Noot!

Quote:
This happened on the last stage of last year's TDF. The first guy is the sport's boss on France Télévision thanking Fignon for commentating the TDF despite his cancer. This one got to me.
It's quite saddening how he describes himself as having been fortunate before breaking down.

Just seeing this is all over the french media, difficult to know where to start reading. Can't believe this has happened all the while I've been posting on the 'woman throws puppies in river' thread or some such shit.
Old 31-08-2010, 08:30 PM
Noot! Noot!

Quote:
When I arrived over here and got into cycling big time, i was obviously a fan of the British riders Millar, Kelly and Roche, but I must admit I had a soft spot for Fignon and his little ponytail.
Although in a pythonesque moment in the midst of all this Kabs has recolonised the Irsih.
Old 31-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Noot! Noot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestinian
V sad, although from the news snippets here via the TdF, not a surprise
Remember his wins in the TdF, it was at about that time that I begun my interest in cycling
I think me too, the obvious thing with him and Lemond, and the like of Delgado, Chiapucci.