Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-03-2018, 10:10 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstonecpfc View Post
Not with Trevor Brooking at the FA.
That and Bradys cocksucking skills.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:16 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
One of those videos talked of the lack of spend in the transfer market and how the owners and Brady have said because they are trying to do a deal to buy the ground it has meant less for the transfer kitty. Well at least I think that was the message.

You would have to be totally dumb to swallow that one and not realise that those that run your club are blatant liars.

Why the **** would they want to buy the ground when they are paying a peppercorn rent and have no financial responsibility for the upkeep and security of the place?

I can understand the fans frustrations, but not how they are going about protesting about it.

Anyway I dont like West ham so **** em. Hopefully when the board have been driven out of town, Simon Jordan is in a position to take them over, to keep their pain going.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:21 AM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
Apparently the game against soton may be behind closed doors does this mean that away fans ? I also assume that the directors will be able to attend.
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 11-03-2018, 10:32 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
One of those videos talked of the lack of spend in the transfer market and how the owners and Brady have said because they are trying to do a deal to buy the ground it has meant less for the transfer kitty. Well at least I think that was the message.

You would have to be totally dumb to swallow that one and not realise that those that run your club are blatant liars.

Why the **** would they want to buy the ground when they are paying a peppercorn rent and have no financial responsibility for the upkeep and security of the place?
The way the deals have been done previously with regard to this stadium, it wouldn’t surprise me if Brady struck a deal that meant the taxpayer PAID Hammers to have the stadium, not the other way round!
Old 11-03-2018, 10:32 AM

redeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineredeyed : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstonecpfc View Post
Not with Trevor Brooking at the FA.
A total and utter conflict of interest, he should not be allowed to do both. Either Director at WH, or the FA. One, or the other.

Old 11-03-2018, 10:35 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
What, all of them? Nice generalisation.

You only have to browse these and the Hol boards for a few minutes to see we’re not immune from idiots either.

I’d love to see them go down but this tribal demonising of other supporters is a bit rich.
Of course we have horrible fans too, racists, idiots chanting Brexit means Brexit at away days however in my very humble opinion there is much more prevalence in their fanbase than ours.

I've had some horrible experiences going back to the late 80s with Wham fans and who can forget the playoff in Cardiff.

No, not all their fans are *****, just a high proportion
Old 11-03-2018, 10:41 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Can totally understand why kids would be scared and wouldn’t want to expose my kid to that, but is it just me, or are kids a little softer these days?

I was going to football through the late 70’s and 80’s as a child when the violence made what happened yesterday look like a Vicar’s tea party. I don’t remember being so scared that I wanted to leave and if I’m totally honest, and this may be unpalatable to some, I kind of enjoyed the hullabaloo of it all. As a kid you weren’t a threat and as long as you were not bang in the middle of it, as we sometimes were, it was all part of the afternoons entertainment.

Thankfully society and football has moved on, and like I said, wouldn’t expose my child to any trouble, but it does make me reflect how times have changed.
My experiences of trouble at grounds as a youngster tended to occur either outside (eg near stations) or on the terraces.

One advantage of the terraces was that your dad could be alert to trouble brewing and move as far away as possible. That usually worked and you watched the scuffles without being too terrified that you’d be involved, as it was usually two firms squaring up.

When we went to away grounds, which was rarer for us back then, my dad would buy seats whenever possible, as that was a bit safer and we could watch the match more clearly.

One problem of all-seater stadiums is that you can be caught in amongst the trouble and it’s much harder to nip away from it. This seemed to happen yesterday with the kids that ended up in the Burnley dugout.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:43 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Has a premier league match ever been played behind closed doors before? Can't think of this happening before. I don't think that would be a fair outcome anyway.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:46 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Apparently the FA are taking no action against West Ham. Burnley are however being fined for having underage players on the bench
Old 11-03-2018, 10:48 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
In all seriousness this is the third time West Ham have seriosuly faced a points deduction. The last two they basically go away with it with fines that they were delighted with.

2007 the tevez affair basically kept them up by cheating and they didn’t get a point deduction that would have seen them rightfully relegated instead of some other poor club

Last year they got done for serious tax issues that could/should have been a points deduction

Now this. Surely this is three strikes. If they avoid a points deduction the FA should face an investigation into corruption or something. They’ve taken the piss repeatedly and are happy to pay fines tiny in comparison to what they gained with the crime
Old 11-03-2018, 10:49 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
The way the deals have been done previously with regard to this stadium, it wouldn’t surprise me if Brady struck a deal that meant the taxpayer PAID Hammers to have the stadium, not the other way round!
Greasing the right palms makes it a distinct possibility, explained away in a complex and legally tight way. I mean the corrupt deal they already have on the ground, has surely only been possible by the use of such tactics.
Old 11-03-2018, 10:52 AM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafster View Post
Just imagine this happened to Palace.
WHU Fans are amongst other things real fans, this is just a sign of what the PL can do to a real club.
Personally feel proper sorry for them.
You knock yourself out. Personally I think they’re a bunch of Essex wannerbee wankers. Anyone who was in Cardiff in 2004 and on the journey home would have experienced their ‘class’ at close hand.

**** them!
Old 11-03-2018, 10:52 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAB View Post
It's a possibility that West Ham will not play their remaining fixtures this season at The London Stadium. This might be a blessing for the players and the fans. Or to play behind 'closed doors'. That diminishes the Premier League.

After the season there will need to be a view of what future there is for WHUFC continuing at the stadium, their current ownership and what sanctions are imposed on the Club.

The FA and all stakeholders might have to take the decision on whether The London Stadium is suitable for hosting a football club. The financial ramifications for West Ham and political fallout will be huge if WHUFC leave The Stadium.

West Ham's chances of staying up might be significantly helped by not playing at 'home' for the rest of this season and whatever long term decision is made will be significantly impacted on which division West Ham are in next season.
Why do you say that?
Old 11-03-2018, 11:07 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
This thread is going to be a winner

They are utter scumbags. Couldn’t happen to a nicer club.
Ripped off the locals and the public with the stadium and now getting their payback.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:25 AM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is hereRAB Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Why do you say that?
I've said it's a possibility as are other options. It is also possible that no punitive action follows.

However this all has to be seen in the light of public disorder, public safety (including the safety of players and officials) all with the organisation of those involved using social media.

If we look at the pictures of Noble physically grappling with a protesting fan it doesn't take much to imagine what else could have occurred had say the fan fought back or if there had been more than one intruder. It is not insignificant to hear Noble talk about protecting himself. If stuff like this is repeated it won't take much to see it escalate to players and match officials involved in fights with protesting fans.

There is also the issue of the Owners of the Club being asked to leave for their own safety and to help quell the protesters.

Of course much of this could die down if West Ham's results pick up. Such is the way with Football.

The problem is that as soon as the Team's fortunes decline again, the spectre of disturbance will return. The root problem is the sense of belonging the West Ham's fans had at Upton Park has gone and needs to be recovered.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:30 AM

legaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlegaleagle2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
I actually don't mind if there is a bit of bother ( not old Leeds/Chelsea nasty) when I take the kids to a football match to give them some life experience.
I had my first receiving end "life experience" from ever so delightful West Ham supporters ....would I want my kids to share a similar life experience? ....Not particularly .
Old 11-03-2018, 11:41 AM

radiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietradiomike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
Fans feel completely disconnected from the the club & are just being treated as customers.

At least we can’t say that about Parish.
That is of course the underlying problem, they felt part of the club at Upton Park with its wonderful atmosphere
But now utterly disconnected from the owners as well as the distant pitch, the fans just taken for granted in an utterly soulless ground.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:43 AM

Alfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAlfie's army : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Don't shut the ground let them play in the toxic atmosphere , I've always hated their fans especially after the play off final would love if they go down
Old 11-03-2018, 11:50 AM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by st albans View Post
This. In the last two seasons we’ve had a pisshead run on the pitch and cover himself in beer, a fan run on the pitch and confront Damo, cabaye offering out a fan as he came off the pitch, and Delaney involved in words with a fan at the end of an away game. That’s only off the back of some dodgy results and not losing your home and your identity. I don’t feel sorry for them but would it be any different here? Probably not. Same for many clubs up and down the country
Great post.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:56 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
I was under the impression that if a player roughs up a pitch invader they get sent off. I don't agree with it, but thought that's what happens.