Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 19-05-2018, 09:54 AM

nickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
This video of OMD performing Electricity live at Drury Lane in 1981 is worth watching - not so much or the performance but the clips of the crowd dancing, which come in after about 1min. Literally, the most '80's thing' you will ever see. As someone who spent much of this period at concerts like this, I can really appreciate that awful moves and the awful clothes
Used to have the vhs of this.
Old 19-05-2018, 11:01 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy View Post
Bronski beat - Smalltown boy.
Great call - brilliant debut.
Old 19-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
Was Gangsters by The Specials their first single? Great song.
Just looked it up - yes it was.
Old 19-05-2018, 04:12 PM

cappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some great calls Specials OMD Bronski Beat, I'm gonna add Charlatans - Indian Rope & The Coral - Shadows Fall
Old 19-05-2018, 04:32 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
This video of OMD performing Electricity live at Drury Lane in 1981 is worth watching - not so much or the performance but the clips of the crowd dancing, which come in after about 1min. Literally, the most '80's thing' you will ever see. As someone who spent much of this period at concerts like this, I can really appreciate the awful moves and the awful clothes
Awful? You're joking, aren't you?
I still dance like that today!
Old 19-05-2018, 04:39 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Utter c_unt_s, well, the drummer at least.
Old 19-05-2018, 04:40 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Omd were good live.
Old 19-05-2018, 04:41 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
Utter c_unt_s, well, the drummer at least.
Was he the bloke that nicked your girlfriend?
Old 19-05-2018, 04:49 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Was he the bloke that nicked your girlfriend?
He was. ****.
Old 19-05-2018, 04:52 PM
I'm not divorced

Even moving to Chile doesn´t numb the pain.
Old 19-05-2018, 04:55 PM
Ex-Connecticut

Old 19-05-2018, 10:40 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
I didn't know I loved you (Till I saw you rock and Roll) - Gary Glitter

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It’s a Small World - Disneyland
Old Yesterday, 10:02 AM
Veteran

Heaven 17 - (We Don't Need This) Fascist Groove Thang
Old Yesterday, 10:11 AM

CK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCK came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
I didn't know I loved you (Till I saw you rock and Roll) - Gary Glitter
I may be wrong but I thought Rock and Roll pt 2 was his first ,

While I'm on here, something this morning made me think about Borundi Black : by Borundi Stephenson Black. I was still at Tulse Hill comp then and we played it all the time

Last edited by CK; Yesterday at 10:14 AM.
Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM

nickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is here
Birthday The Sugarcubes
Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
Birthday The Sugarcubes
Yes. Still got the 12" of that.
Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM

david sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedavid sylvian : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
How the hell I forgot Roxy Music's Virginia Plain off this list I don't know, because that has got to be one of the greatest debut singles ever
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by david sylvian View Post
How the hell I forgot Roxy Music's Virginia Plain off this list I don't know, because that has got to be one of the greatest debut singles ever
Don't worry, I added it earlier in the thread.