Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Closed Thread

Old 22-01-2017, 12:44 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle-leg View Post
Entirely agree.

I think the documentary you may have watched was 'inside obamas white house' it ran for 4 episodes and was a fascinating window into US politics.

Obama was unable to work with the republicans in office in order to get the things that he wanted to get done / The republicans refused to work with Obama to allow him to get the things he wanted done

Perhaps I should have phrased my earlier comments more clearly.

I think that obamas presidency will be judged as a failure and one of lost opportunity.
Bit like Blair. Too much compromise in the early days whereas the Tories were quite happy to rip everything up day one.

Comment is free, but facts are sacred. (C.P. Scott)
Old 22-01-2017, 01:40 PM

dave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is heredave_who_ru Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
weird speech from Trump at the CIA

going off on one about being on the cover of Time magazine 15 times

odd
Obama showing how it should be done. From 2009, he starts speaking at 5.50:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Old 22-01-2017, 02:00 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here

here's a quote from the guy who got chinned.
Old 22-01-2017, 02:04 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post

Shame it wasn't a baseball bat
Old 22-01-2017, 02:31 PM

eaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is hereeaglejez Sam the man is here
Quote:

hmmm. if he really said that my 'no violence, free speech' call is, er, worthy of a rethink ! Tricky one. Where do you draw the line at 'free speech'
Old 22-01-2017, 02:57 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
hmmm. if he really said that my 'no violence, free speech' call is, er, worthy of a rethink ! Tricky one. Where do you draw the line at 'free speech'
If you actively seek to construct arguments that try to legitamise a genocide, i think you're asking for a punch in the face.

I don't think "Free Speech" as a right is the ultimate, i think "free speech" is a responsibility. You are responsible for what you say as you are for your actions, you can choose to say what you wish, but if you are to use your free speech in the way he did, then you can't really complain or take umbridge.

I've seen so many Trump supporters, who banged constantly about free speech when using slurs, react with ire when that is used against them.

We've entered the age of complete identity politics, it filtered through the left and was adopted more destructively by the right.
Old 22-01-2017, 03:02 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
There should never be a line drawn.
Free speech is the conduit by which the rest of know who needs chinning and who doesn't
Old 22-01-2017, 03:47 PM
No authority but yourself

philsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is herephilsick Sam the man is here
Far right wankers who bang on about free speech just mean they want to be free to be racist . Free speech would be one of the first the things to go if they ever got near power.
Old 22-01-2017, 05:19 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DryRubber View Post
Comptete tosh. Display of solidarity, nothing good better to to do more like so jumped on the bandwagon. More woman voted for Trump then bothered to show up for a poxy march. It they wanted to protest perhaps they should have chosen a better cause then the democratly elected Trump in which MILLIONS of woman voted for him.
So demonstrating against a President that has consistently displayed misogynistic behaviour over many years is not worth protesting against. Admittedly Trump isn't going to change his behaviour but it makes it clear that many in society do not have to silently accept it. The more people speak out against prejudice and hate the better our society will be.
Old 22-01-2017, 05:21 PM
Edenbridge in Exile

Ninjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is hereNinjas Headband Sam the man is here
Quote:
Left of Hitler might be a starting point?
Old 22-01-2017, 07:45 PM

American media attacking Trump's press secretary Sean Spicer for making a number of false claims about the size of the crowd at Friday's inauguration.

When interviewed Kellyanne Conway, counselor to President Trump, said the White House press secretary gave 'alternative facts'.

These people are unbelievable.

Old 22-01-2017, 08:23 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
American media
False news ALERT!!
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 22-01-2017, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_who_ru View Post
American media attacking Trump's press secretary Sean Spicer for making a number of false claims about the size of the crowd at Friday's inauguration.

When interviewed Kellyanne Conway, counselor to President Trump, said the White House press secretary gave 'alternative facts'.

These people are unbelievable.
I'd say you couldn't make it up, but they just did!
Old 22-01-2017, 08:31 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
So what if Trump's crowd was less that Obama's. Washington and nearby New York are Democrat cities whilst Trump's supporters live further inland. Meaningless point scoring. The middle class liberal left should start developing policies to win back the (former) steel and coal communities whose towns have done less well. I doubt if the sneering "you're thick, racist and bigots" tactics will work in the US any better than in Britain.
Old 22-01-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
So what if Trump's crowd was less that Obama's. Washington and nearby New York are Democrat cities whilst Trump's supporters live further inland. Meaningless point scoring. The middle class liberal left should start developing policies to win back the (former) steel and coal communities whose towns have done less well. I doubt if the sneering "you're thick, racist and bigots" tactics will work in the US any better than in Britain.
This absolves those who voted for Trump DESPITE knowing what he was about of any responsibility for that. Trump voters enabled racism, Trump voters enabled the alt right black genocide dickheads. You can continue to lay blame at the door of the liberal left or you can face up to that fact.

People voted in the knowledge they'd possibly make life worse for others, intentionally.

I'm bored of this meaningless response, that says it's politicians fault we had to vote for a racist, you don't have to do anything, you made that choice.It's not politics as much as it's good manners.
Old 22-01-2017, 08:37 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle Biggineagle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
I doubt if the sneering "you're thick, racist and bigots" tactics will work in the US any better than in Britain.
Nope. Dont tell maz tho, he will have nothing to say on here ever again

[SIGPIC]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/be/Flag_of_England.svg/125px-Flag_of_England.svg.png[/SIGPIC]
Old 22-01-2017, 08:40 PM

I'm not trying to get too deeply lost into moralizing the rights and wrongs of it all, just it's getting a bit tiresome how Trump supporters are acting playing the victim game
Old 22-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Banned by Moderators

Quote:
just it's getting a bit tiresome how Trump supporters are acting playing the victim game
Sure.

Old 22-01-2017, 08:52 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
This absolves those who voted for Trump DESPITE knowing what he was about of any responsibility for that. Trump voters enabled racism, Trump voters enabled the alt right black genocide dickheads. You can continue to lay blame at the door of the liberal left or you can face up to that fact.

People voted in the knowledge they'd possibly make life worse for others, intentionally.

I'm bored of this meaningless response, that says it's politicians fault we had to vote for a racist, you don't have to do anything, you made that choice.It's not politics as much as it's good manners.
They probably voted more likely for someone who has promised jobs. Can't see how he's going to achieve it but he's given them hope.
Old 22-01-2017, 09:03 PM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkintagain came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yep, jobs trump political correctness. (no pun intended)
Closed Thread