Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:58 AM
9dw

Roadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
pulis had everyone so much more organised then
And we had a peak Scott Dann
Old 11-11-2018, 11:01 AM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Should put PVA on corners, have Tompkins nod it back to edge of the area then PVA run back and smash it in.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:01 AM
He's got flair and hair

Palace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Bear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
And we had a peak Scott Dann
Chicken then egg or egg then chicken?
Old 11-11-2018, 11:03 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Bear View Post
Should put PVA on corners, have Tompkins nod it back to edge of the area then PVA run back and smash it in.
...or how about Tomkins nod it straight in. Townsends corners were ok.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:17 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
The worst thing about the corners is benteke would have actually loved them

Now we only have Tomkins winning them in the air but his finishing, whilst decent for a cb isn’t going to score more than a few over a season

Cabaye floaty crosses were slower than this. I think Luka is looking to create a flap and a scramble as none of our players are likely to score many. Hence the pressure on keeper and large numbers in the six yard box. Put it into keeper claiming area but make it difficult for him to get there and hope for once it drops for a palace player

We’ve not had much luck for that either.. it always seems to find an opposing player without an intent to do so
Old 11-11-2018, 11:19 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
The worst thing about the corners is benteke would have actually loved them

Now we only have Tomkins winning them in the air but his finishing, whilst decent for a cb isn’t going to score more than a few over a season

Cabaye floaty crosses were slower than this. I think Luka is looking to create a flap and a scramble as none of our players are likely to score many. Hence the pressure on keeper and large numbers in the six yard box. Put it into keeper claiming area but make it difficult for him to get there and hope for once it drops for a palace player

We’ve not had much luck for that either.. it always seems to find an opposing player without an intent to do so

just needs to mix em up
Old 11-11-2018, 11:33 AM

Seanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeanee Pawnee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
10 yesterday and not one of them close to a goal scoring opportunity ffs
Jus hand le ball straight back to le keeper and get on with le game...
Old 11-11-2018, 11:39 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanmar View Post
We have one tactic .... corners/free kicks hit beyond the pen area aimed at Tompkins.

It hasnt worked in ANY game so it clearly makes sense to keep doing it!!!
I was at Gillingham v Fleetwood last week and saw a Fleetwood player whipping in cracking corners all afternoon but his team were too shite to take advantage. Sadly he was nowhere near the standard of player we would need but he could take a fecking corner, unlike our squad it seems
Old 11-11-2018, 12:27 PM
9dw

Roadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betrayRoadblock is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Bear View Post
Chicken then egg or egg then chicken?
Danny's aerial ability was often enough to turn average looking dead ball deliveries into good ones.
Old 11-11-2018, 12:46 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
It's been the case as long as I can remember, and I've been bemoaning it for as long. Surely a pro player should be able to put the ball where he wants it from a set piece more often than not? The underhit ones are particularly annoying.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/will-swain
Old 11-11-2018, 01:30 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
After seeing De Jong score a bullet header from an outwinging whipped corner after about 2 minutes in midweek was surely enough for us to try and replicate?

Clinton Morrison.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:36 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
just needs to mix em up
Yep. Wasn't so bothered yesterday as they were actually causing spurs and lloris all sorts of problems but we had no-one taking advantage. A nice variety would be nice

And someone who can header
Old 11-11-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Yep. Wasn't so bothered yesterday as they were actually causing spurs and lloris all sorts of problems but we had no-one taking advantage. A nice variety would be nice

And someone who can header
i only counted one that was decent and Tomkins headed it wide. Too many hitting first man or not enough pace on them.
Old 11-11-2018, 06:45 PM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
Poor coaching , no messages from the bench yet again . Game plan is the game plan with Roy whatever the conditions . Tomkins round the back .
Spurs had a lot of height , whip it in given the terrible weather - nope , send it to someone for a shot - nope , drive it to the front post for a runner - nope.