Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 20-01-2015, 01:57 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
I don't want or need to hear this programme.

I know what I saw and heard that night and the way Man U and some media twisted the events to save their own backsides was sickening. Made me much more questioning of stuff I read in the papers, so perhaps that's a good thing.

An important part of the events is usually overlooked. When Cantona was sent off, he was incredulous and refused to go. I saw him look towards the Man U bench, but Ferguson did not come to support him....I suspect at that stage even he was hacked off that his star had got yet another red.

Cantona's refusal to leave the pitch made the Palace fans angry and many did then heckle him to leave and wave him off.....something that would happen to any player in that situation, in any ground.

By the time he reached Matthew's area of the pitch, he was getting loads of stick from the ground, but no support from the Man U staff. I reckon Matthew was the tipping point, but that Cantona was seething by then and he could have lashed out at virtually anyone.

The guy had proven anger management issues and a huge ego.....he was a time bomb waiting to go off again that season.
Old 20-01-2015, 02:00 PM

Garfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGarfy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I recall that Cantona tried to play a race card by claiming our defenders had been intentionally kicking lumps out of Andy Cole because he was black. Ironic that Cantona was sent off for kicking out at Richard Shaw.

Cantona was arrogant scum and deserved much worse than he got.
Old 20-01-2015, 02:37 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
The one thing is undoubted in all of this, and that Crerand is a complete ****.
Old 20-01-2015, 02:42 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
If this incident at happened at a lower league ground and the assault carried out by a journeyman pro he would have been banned from the game for life.

Instead it was Cantona and the Man Utd PR machine kicked in.

The wierdest element remains the fact Simmons was in fact a Fulham fan!
Not sure about that. Amongst other things to dispute that he was at the Palace pre-season tour of Sweden in Grebbestad a few years back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 20-01-2015, 02:45 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldrulez View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login

**** that shit.
******* hate that site. Head up its own arse pretentiousness the lot of it. Run by the sort of people who you know only got into football after Gazzas tears at Italia 90. Complete wankers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 20-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not according to himself in the media since.
Really? Not seen that but surprised if they were quotes as he was a neighbour of my Cuz on Kynaston Avenue & can't think of anything that hinted at the time he was anything other than a Palace fan albeit a bit of a rough & ready one.
Old 20-01-2015, 03:12 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSSELL View Post
^^^ THIS!!
Great post. Spot on.

Just how many gobs, clambering for his knob? Must be the old chum brigade.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 20-01-2015, 03:12 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
He is french. Close thread.

Just how many gobs, clambering for his knob? Must be the old chum brigade.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 20-01-2015, 03:14 PM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
**** looks like Saddam these days. Let's hope he's hanged like him too

Old 20-01-2015, 03:15 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 20-01-2015, 03:35 PM
www.b00mb0x.org

Del Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDel Gland : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I still recall the sending off offence as one of the worst premeditated fouls I have ever seen and certainly one that would incense any fan, even a Fulham one.

Simmons was out of order, but has no one ever looked at the usual abuse and gestures from fans behind the goal on TV when the opposing teams score. It's a reaction and no different really. You certainly don't see much reaction from the police or stewards so I guess it is acceptable at a game.

However, the key thing here is the ridiculous media coverage that followed which caused a real hatred between the fans and led to the that fateful day at FA Cup Semi final.

Even then, let's not forget the replay when both managers asked the players to be respectful of the tense atmosphere which Roy Keane immediately took to heart and stamped on Gareth Southgate's ribcage.

Of course, Cantona was an excellent footballer but not exactly a role model footballer worthy of such ridiculous homage.

Using this event as the basis of a show is poor judgement and they should be ashamed of themselves
Old 20-01-2015, 03:40 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverWilly View Post
FFS do we really need this every year or whenever the wankers visit selhurst?
Exactly and that ***** actions cost us one of our own.
Old 20-01-2015, 03:42 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
No way did that **** hear what Simmons said anyway. Full house good atmosphere ramped up by the sending off. Just media cover up by the scum.
Old 20-01-2015, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Spot one. Shouldn't of looked at this thread as got hump now, ******* hate those ***** with a passion.
Old 20-01-2015, 03:45 PM
Natus Londini ad austrum

Aquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAquila_17 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
I don't want or need to hear this programme.

I know what I saw and heard that night and the way Man U and some media twisted the events to save their own backsides was sickening. Made me much more questioning of stuff I read in the papers, so perhaps that's a good thing.

An important part of the events is usually overlooked. When Cantona was sent off, he was incredulous and refused to go. I saw him look towards the Man U bench, but Ferguson did not come to support him....I suspect at that stage even he was hacked off that his star had got yet another red.

Cantona's refusal to leave the pitch made the Palace fans angry and many did then heckle him to leave and wave him off.....something that would happen to any player in that situation, in any ground.

By the time he reached Matthew's area of the pitch, he was getting loads of stick from the ground, but no support from the Man U staff. I reckon Matthew was the tipping point, but that Cantona was seething by then and he could have lashed out at virtually anyone.

The guy had proven anger management issues and a huge ego.....he was a time bomb waiting to go off again that season.

Ditto.. I was about 10 rows back and slightly to the right on the night.

I completely lost interest in football for a number of years with the shite that followed the incident and I view any attempt to justify either C's or Moan Utd's position as offensive to decency and reality.

As Eric the Halfwit later showed, he's manipulative and about as intelligent as a walnut as well as violent - pretty much a baseline profile for being criminally insane.

As for the club - any respect I had for them was forever lost after their scumbag approach to self justification.

Thinking about this makes me feel as if I've just revisited a cesspit.
Old 20-01-2015, 03:52 PM

Johnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJohnny Byrne came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Perhaps the poetic justice this year is

a) Survival in PL
b) Beat MUFC at Selhurst
c) Beat MUFC at Wembley in FA Cup Final

CPFC are due some karma against MUFC. Their 20 year tradition of trophies started against us in 1990. We have had some rotten luck (and poor finishing) in the intervening years against them in League and Cup. Time to put things right.

Frankly, and I was there that day with my then 10 year old son, it was shocking. Now, I just want for CPFC to get their day against MUFC...on the pitch.

CPFC today is a proper, fan owned club with a spine from Manager to fans that are 100% CPFC. Enjoy this time. It is rare in our history. Sod MUFC!
Old 20-01-2015, 04:01 PM

old geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietold geezer came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Correct
Old 20-01-2015, 04:05 PM

Selhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Bombonera View Post
Just wish Cantona had done this at Millwall, he wouldn't have made the tunnel
I wonder how he would have fared had the incident happened on the AW side of the pitch.
Old 20-01-2015, 04:25 PM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
If this incident at happened at a lower league ground and the assault carried out by a journeyman pro he would have been banned from the game for life.

Instead it was Cantona and the Man Utd PR machine kicked in.

The wierdest element remains the fact Simmons was in fact a Fulham fan!
where does this bull shit come from? i saw him at pretty much every game i went to home and away(prob between half and every third game at the time) for several seasons before this incident
Old 20-01-2015, 05:30 PM
53 years and counting...

Chobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChobham Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can't believe it's 20 years. This was by a mile the most disgraceful thing I've ever seen at a football match. How that scumbag got off so lightly I'll never know. And how he's been lauded ever since is quite disgusting. He can do as much anti-racism stuff as he likes but we'll never forget his behaviour that night nor that of some of his team mates.

Definitely won't be listening to the programme as it will do very bad things to my blood pressure.