Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 24-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
You know this is what f***s me off about clubs like Spurs signing the future of clubs like ours from underneath us for a pittance.

If they got them to blood in and sell them for a fortune I could understand it... but honestly did they ever concievably think they would play him in the next 10 years?!?! Obviously not. Just what was the point?
Old 24-08-2009, 09:13 PM
Till Lindeman

Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.Mong! has a strange feeling of absolute harmony. It's a perfect moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy!
You know this is what f***s me off about clubs like Spurs signing the future of clubs like ours from underneath us for a pittance.

If they got them to blood in and sell them for a fortune I could understand it... but honestly did they ever concievably think they would play him in the next 10 years?!?! Obviously not. Just what was the point?
Cheap long term financial prospect via unrealistic tribunal.
Sonisphere 31/07/10

http://www.rammstein.com

Xbox 360 gamertag: Mabbages
Old 24-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCelestial Empire came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mong!
Cheap long term financial prospect via unrealistic tribunal.
And cheap insurance should UEFA ever make it's "national players ruling" stick.
Old 26-08-2009, 06:46 PM

Clapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietClapham Grand came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
surprised he's not even on the bench tonight
Old 26-08-2009, 06:58 PM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyteleafe_Sage
Would he have benefitted from staying at Palace another year?
Yes, because he would have learned a lesson in honesty and keeping promises to those that have nurtured and looked after him for years previous.

Instead, his grasping stepfather has taught him that money and greed is all, no matter who you trample over.
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 05-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Question!

AJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ's right boot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet

Now repeat after me "I AM FREE".
Old 05-09-2009, 02:58 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by UEAgle
Regardless of the rights and wrongs of Bostock's move to Spurs, the fact is he went when Juande Ramos was the manager - would he have gone if Harry Redknapp was the boss? I personally don't think so.

Redknapp has an appalling record for bringing young players through. Aside from his spell at West Ham (where he couldn't not pick players like Rio Ferdinand and Joe Cole), I can't think of a single player he has successfully promoted from the academies at Portsmouth and Southampton.

Redknapp is the ultimate cheque-book manager. As is now being shown at Spurs, he will always try to buy his way out of trouble rather than work with what he has got (Paul Wilson wrote an excellent piece on this in last weekend's Observer). He has an outstanding left-back in Gareth Bale, yet he hasn't been able to get any kind of performances out of him.

For such a revered manager his man-management in recent weeks has been appalling; telling his players how bad they are after every game, very publicly mocking Darren Bent's (whose goals were massive for Spurs when Redknapp first joined - unsurprisingly, he is now thought to be severely disillusioned at the club) miss against Portsmouth, stripping Jermaine Jenas of the vice-captaincy for having the temerity to have a bad game.

Redknapp has consistently bemoaned the strength in depth at the club (particularly in midfield, where they have Zokora, Bentley, Huddlestone, Lennon, Jenas, Modric, Ghaly, Giovani, Taarabt, O'Hara and Boateng out on loan), yet he hasn't even entertained putting Bostock, one of the best 17-year-olds in the world, on a 7-man bench (except in a couple of relatively meaningless Uefa Cup games - a competition he, along with the FA Cup, admits he's not really interested in this season).

With Wilson Palacios just signed, the prospects of Bostock getting near the first-team appear grim. If he doesn't make the squad for the weekend's cup game at Manchester United (where, disgustingly in my opinion, Redknapp has suggested he'll be putting out his weakest possible team) he really does have a problem.

Not many of you will have much sympathy for Bostock, but I can't help but thinking that it's a big shame that potentially one of England's key players for years to come may be lost in the system due to his manager's propensity for wheeling and dealing.
Excellent well reasoned & accurate post
Old 05-09-2009, 03:00 PM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom the Eagle
I wish a career ending injury upon him.
WTF - reread the post & realise how wrong you are
Old 05-09-2009, 06:03 PM

jams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rain
Nobody can be 'wrong' with a statement like that...
Old 07-09-2009, 09:00 AM

dufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdufski13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA
Excellent well reasoned & accurate post
Well reasoned yes, accurate ? Not entirely, without thinking about it really I'm pretty sure he brought through Walcott at Saints, & actually blooded a good number fo players from their academy whilst he was there. Needs must maybe, but nonetheless.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:07 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can't believe anyone has any sympathy for Bostock. Nobody forced him to go to Spuds. If his career goes nowhere and he doesn't fulfil his potential, guess what? HE DESERVES IT!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:35 AM

KevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKevMason98 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
With the recent allegations on chelsea and Man Utd in the press do you think spurs may get dragged into the argument over Bostock?

Matt Lawrence .....May 2010!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevMason98
With the recent allegations on chelsea and Man Utd in the press do you think spurs may get dragged into the argument over Bostock?
They should, but as we're not a "big club" I doubt it.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:56 AM
Yehmon, oo...

joe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejoe walker : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychokiller
They should, but as we're not French I doubt it.
EFA
Old 07-09-2009, 10:04 AM

Optimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOptimistic Kev came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevMason98
I'm sure Jordan may 'have his say' in the coming days on this. I wouldn't have thought that Spurs will be mentioned as effectively they have 'paid' Palace for Bostock's services - albeit a vastly undervalued sum.

The Chelsea issue relates to where they steal from other acadmeies but because they come from abroad they don't have to deal with the club or pay a fee for their services.

There was a story regarding Chelsea about Bostock where they didn't want to pay us (£5m rumoured figure). Barcelona were going to get Bostock from our Academy - for effectively nothing and then sell him to Chelsea for a small fee. There was definitely something about this. Big clubs looking after themselves at the expense of the hardworking smaller clubs.

John Terry was the last player Chelsea 'brought through' yet they stole him from West Ham at aged 14 or 15!!! I think Tottenhams was Sol Campbell (nearly 20 years ago!). Money talks sadly - even for young teenagers and especially their parents!!
Old 07-09-2009, 01:45 PM

prizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietprizesucker came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Someone else who has strong views on this subject has - Go on Dario! - Floodgates of examples, claims and tales of tapping up may happen now.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Crewe Alexandra have reported an unnamed Premier League club for an alleged illegal approach to sign a 15-year-old from their academy.

Director of football Dario Gradi revealed the news in the wake of the decision to ban Chelsea from signing any players until January 2011.

I'm delighted with what has happened with Chelsea. I would hope all of the big clubs are frightened to death

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBD
*prizesucker's suggestion about shallow nets shows he's a true connoisseur of the beautiful game :)
Old 07-09-2009, 02:39 PM

Littlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Funny one with Crewe as they have only survived due to selling their young talent, I think that Gradi is p1ssed this time as by being under-16 the kid can walk for next to nothing.
Old 13-11-2009, 05:38 PM

Nork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is here
Grass is always greener eh? Bostock's just signed on loan for Brentford.
"The cameras at the moment are focusing on the Liverpool fans, they look in disbelief, they look shocked, there's the odd one in tears. They've also just focused on one who's just picked his nose and eaten it which is rather disgusting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
all the doubters will be dealt with when it is confirmed....
Old 13-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Moritz's Physio

E_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningE_girl would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nork1
Grass is always greener eh? Bostock's just signed on loan for Brentford.
Old 13-11-2009, 05:49 PM

jams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rainjams1234 used to lie on the ground, kiss in the rain
Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

Will be very interesting to see how be gets on there-I doubt he will even be playing regularly there, whereas he would be playing even more for us at a higher level!!!

I actually, genuinely 'lol'ed at this!!!