Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 10-01-2017, 12:11 PM
Palace & Whitehawk f.c.

Ismale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is hereIsmale Sam the man is here
5 Years ago today.Palace 1 Cardiff 0 League Cup Semi Final 1st Leg 10.1.2012.

5 Years ago today! An Anthony Gardner header into the net at the Whitehorse lane end,on the stroke of half time,gave us a 1-0 win over Cardiff in the 1st Leg of the League Cup Semi Final & put us the closest we've ever got to making the Wembley final of this competition.

Anyone remember anything of the actual game? due to alcohol consumption,the pain of penaltys in the 2nd leg i've forgotten anything specific about the game itself!

Only 2 things stand out for me from that night,the 1st being the HF banner with "Next Stop Wembley Park" with the tubesign on,which I thought was a great touch

Finally the other thing was at East Croydon station afterwards,where I bumped into Jermaine Easters Dad! Who is a spitting image of Samuel L Jackson!

He was even wearing a Black Kangol hat,which Samuel L Jackson has been seen wearing on occassions,to which I couldnt help but say to him "Snakes on a Motherf*cking plane!" To which he shouted it back to me

Apparently he owns/runs a nightclub in Wales which he gave me a card for which I still have to this day,nice bloke,didnt have the heart to say that his boy was a shit Striker though!

Noel Gallagher
Old 10-01-2017, 03:12 PM

Selhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was there, I remember that much. I was probably pissed as it was a semi final and an evening match. I recall the goal, but like you, that's it.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:02 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
I remember the 2nd leg better although I only watched it on TV. Quite possibly the most negative and tedious performance, devoid of any ambition to score that I've ever witnessed from any team, let alone Palace.

It was like one of those World Cup games from the 70s or 80s when an African country found themselves level against a European country and didn't just park the bus but played with all 11 players behind the ball, constantly back-passing to the keeper. Part of me hoped we'd lose the penalty shoot-out.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:07 PM
Nuclear Member

Selhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is hereSelhurst300 Sam the man is here
Great atmosphere at SP for the first leg. There is a video on YouTube of the Holmesdale. Worth watching.
As for the second leg, I listened to extra time and pens whilst driving up the M6. Painful.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Watched in in a real grotty Brit bar with Sexyrazor...we werent popular as the local poker school had set up below the tv and they were paranoid that we were staring at them.

One guy shit himself when I gave a "Yes...get in there!" When Gardener scored.

I also remember they had bad beer on tap which made me piss every 20 minutes for about 2 hours when I got home.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 10-01-2017, 05:32 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Went up to the second leg, painful. Their fans were complete ***** coming out even after winning.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:35 PM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
It was a ******* dire game. Apart from the Goal I don't really remember much happening. I had to sit on my own as a mate sorted me a ticket for it and after that experience I told myself I will never go to a game on my own again. Felt like a right div with no one to talk to.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:52 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Remember the away leg very clearly. The first (home) leg can remember almost nothing bar the HF Wembley Park banner as others have said
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 10-01-2017, 06:23 PM
Newbury Eagles

Langers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is hereLangers Sam the man is here
A great cup tie and that cup run was the beginning of a new Palace era
Old 10-01-2017, 07:49 PM

nash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenash84 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I took my wife to that game so had to sit in the Arthur instead of the holmesdale. Remember being more focused on the fans than the game itself. I remember the Heeeeey Darren Ambrose song going on for ages and my wife (Italian) still sings those lyrics if she hears the original hey baby �� and I remember the stadium not being as loud as on the YouTube video
Old 10-01-2017, 09:41 PM

Dodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Peter Ramage played at right back and was absolutely w*nk going forward
Old 10-01-2017, 09:45 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Was at the home game, remember them having most of the play.

Gardener was a classy defender.

Last edited by spt1978; 10-01-2017 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-01-2017, 09:51 PM

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-01-2017, 02:57 AM

ceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The day of my mum's funeral. We put a picture of my mum and a glass of scotch next to the big projector screen in the social club where her wake was in Manchester and we all watched the match. When we had won me and my son took a sip of the scotch each and toasted mum/nan for the win.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:21 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
I think that Gardener goal was our only shot on target in 210 mins of football. That would've been shocking had we been playing Chelsea not another Championship side. We barely hit the target in the penalty shoot out!

Such a great opportunity missed - just like the FA Cup Final in May. A case of two managers getting carried away with themselves in different ways and over thinking our tactics.

From my perspective, Dougie had squeezed every last bit of enjoyment of watching Palace for me. Apart from his last 8 games after the car park chat, it was 22 months of utter mind numbing football. Totally unnecessary.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 17-01-2017, 01:29 PM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by spt1978 View Post
To view the link you have to Register or Login
I'd forgot what an utter prick Malky Mackay was. Sour twat.
Old 17-01-2017, 01:39 PM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Went to both games.

Watching Jonny Parr balloon the last penalty into us in the stands and 20,000 sheepshaggers run on the pitch in celebration after 2 hours of dire football was a completely soul destroying experience.
Old 17-01-2017, 05:13 PM
18 years for 3,670 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
naff qaulity...but gives an idea...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Palace v Cardiff LGe Cup S.F..jpg (628.0 KB, 15 views)