Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 19-06-2018, 11:59 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc@eastbourne View Post
The missus spotted him at Glyndebourne at the weekend, obviously likes fat birds singing
No way to talk about the wife. Soprano or contralto?
Old 19-06-2018, 12:16 PM

Stan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStan the man came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc@eastbourne View Post
The missus spotted him at Glyndebourne at the weekend, obviously likes fat birds singing
Does that mean his Palace career is over?
Old 19-06-2018, 12:23 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietred&blue_moomin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
We know Roy messed up with the Kane corner routine, the press knows he mucking up, the pundits knew he mucked up, Roy probably knows he mucked up. Why do we have to keep hitting Roy with the same stick over and over again because of it. He made a decision, a strange decision but can't we let it go and not bring it up everytime England do well or Palace do bad?

FWIW - Here is Roy trying to explain his decision.

"There has got to be something to talk about, hasn't there, and looking at statistics at the time, Harry didn't score goals (from corners). He had scored only one all season, I think.

"You want the best technician in delivery and we thought we would get the best deliverer of the ball delivering, because we had a few other players who were good at attacking the ball in the penalty area.

"That's one thing you have to accept: that in 95 minutes of football, an inability to win could be encapsulated by who takes corners, or not doing your throw-ins correctly.

"It's more complicated than that and had we had someone else on corners, and Harry in the middle, it wouldn't have made one bit of difference to our results."

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Thats just Roy not liking criticism. He's said himself in the past he's not been very good at accepting it. I think he still isn't.......

That was moronic, I have to say. He should just hold his hands up and say he got it wrong on that one.

For sure he's a great club manager but by the end with England he'd lost the plot.
Old 19-06-2018, 12:47 PM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
The rules are basically.. it's fine to be as negative and unsupportive as you like against our national team. Act anything other than 100% positive about palace you are docked fan points by the bbs.
Old 19-06-2018, 04:47 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
The concern with Hodgson is not whether or not Kane should've been taking penalties but whether or not he will leave this summer if he's not happy with the transfer situation.

Edit : I meant corners of course but in the scheme of things who really gives a shit. He did a good job getting us to the finals of both competitions but came up a bit short when there. With a limited source of players he laid the foundations for the current team but unfortunately they are still lacking in quality.

He obviously has some limitations as a manager, like most managers, but despite this and his age has proved he still has a lot of talent, as he has proven throughout his career.

Last edited by Billy Rhino; 19-06-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 19-06-2018, 07:55 PM

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
The rules are basically.. it's fine to be as negative and unsupportive as you like against our national team. Act anything other than 100% positive about palace you are docked fan points by the bbs.
That's a bit of a caricature of the various positions taken on the BBS. Otherwise I don't see anything wrong with being negative and unsupportive of England and generally positive about Palace. After all this is a Palace website and everyone on here are Palace fans. This isn't an England website and Palace fans come from many different nations, no reason for many people to think much of England at all (even if they know of the ***** that make up the England team).
Old Yesterday, 09:18 PM

cranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcranesparkeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Reminded me of a league game at times What I took out of it was that we camped around The Tunisia box in the last 20 minutes and wore them down. Eventually Kane took up a clever position to score the winner. Also Loftus Cheeks cameo was excellent, We needed to support the man on the ball more and offer more passing options . We knocked the ball back 30 yard to recycle possession far too often
Old Yesterday, 09:55 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete79 View Post
That's a bit of a caricature of the various positions taken on the BBS. Otherwise I don't see anything wrong with being negative and unsupportive of England and generally positive about Palace. After all this is a Palace website and everyone on here are Palace fans. This isn't an England website and Palace fans come from many different nations, no reason for many people to think much of England at all (even if they know of the ***** that make up the England team).
Well said. The jingoism gets a bit tedious. I can only speak for myself but I follow Palace. I go to Palace games home and away. I don't go to England games and the affinity is not the same. As to the point of the squad, Palace play against these players (RLC excepted) and I'll be damned if I'm suddenly going to fall in love with any of them because they have an England shirt on.

On the other hand, Luka