Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-10-2017, 07:17 PM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oikboy View Post
I don't think Macstar will ever admit any culpability on behalf of the membership. It's management's fault or us commuters who are to blame here. Power to the people brother.
i dont know what you want the ticket office person to do? Come out on the platform and do a little dance?!
Old 13-10-2017, 07:33 PM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
Hundreds of angry people? At Upper Warlingham at 0800?

Southern employees don't do themselves any favour on this thread. They just come across as detached and brainwashed.
a couple of hundred id say..when ive seen the platform at that time in the morning.

Not detached and brainwashed, just realistic.
Old 13-10-2017, 08:21 PM
Respected by no one

Oikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
a couple of hundred id say..when ive seen the platform at that time in the morning.

Not detached and brainwashed, just realistic.
So you're saying that each and every one of us 200 would be rude and abusive to station staff? Grow up mate FFS. And I made it crystal clear earlier with a simple question (which you've not addressed but flippantly answered with some bollocks about doing a dance) but wouldn't it have made sense for the on site member of staff to have spoken to us via the microphone available to them to at least tell us the train was not stopping at UWL. People generally get angry and annoyed at the lack of information which could easily have been rectified in this instance.

Not detached and brainwashed, just realistic? Really? You have the temerity to say that to us? You're delusional mate.
Old 13-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Respected by no one

Oikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOikboy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
All I would like to get is an admission that not all Southern staff are perfect and that some of them couldn't really care less about the experience of the customer. You can accuse commuters of being rude and aggressive (which I agree with you and don't condone) but, at times, front line staff really don't help themselves.
Old 13-10-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
So you're saying that each and every one of us 200 would be rude and abusive to station staff? Grow up mate FFS. And I made it crystal clear earlier with a simple question (which you've not addressed but flippantly answered with some bollocks about doing a dance) but wouldn't it have made sense for the on site member of staff to have spoken to us via the microphone available to them to at least tell us the train was not stopping at UWL. People generally get angry and annoyed at the lack of information which could easily have been rectified in this instance.

Not detached and brainwashed, just realistic? Really? You have the temerity to say that to us? You're delusional mate.
Im not sure what announcements you had? There shouldve been an automatic announcement saying the train was cancelled and why (and shouldve been on the screens).. if not, yes id hope the ticket office staff would announce it instead.

Its not really the done thing to announce that the train will run through fast instead of stopping. Im not sure if its a requirement, i just remember i never "had" to announce that in the past, as it does create "extra" anger.

Im really not sure what the ticket office staff should do if the ticket machine is not working. If he kept the window open he wouldve constantly have been for tickets/or complained at.

Im afraid staff will not go that extra mile anymore.
Old 13-10-2017, 09:10 PM
Respected by no one

Fair enough Macstar. Even at UWL the level of staff service varies. Today wasn't a good day but there are people there who take pride in what they do and offer a great level of customer service. It's the gap between and good and bad which is striking. Ultimately, if people see an effort being made to either help, explain or apologise than thay's enough. We all know the poor sod stuck with us at the station can't magically clear leaves on the line or produce a missing driver on the spot, but looking like they care goes a long way.
Old 14-10-2017, 01:00 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Fair enough Macstar. Even at UWL the level of staff service varies. Today wasn't a good day but there are people there who take pride in what they do and offer a great level of customer service. It's the gap between and good and bad which is striking. Ultimately, if people see an effort being made to either help, explain or apologise than thay's enough. We all know the poor sod stuck with us at the station can't magically clear leaves on the line or produce a missing driver on the spot, but looking like they care goes a long way.

You say “we all know....” but passengers don’t. Staff get spat at, attacked (verbally and physically) or like the poor lady at Victoria, get coffee thrown at them. Now I don’t know what this ticket office guy was doing... he could be sitting there thinking “F*** the passengers” or he could have been on to Control trying to find out what the hell was happening that morning. I don’t know why you have decided he was doing the former and not the latter... could it be that you’re (rightfully) angry about a shit overpriced service... and that has clouded your opinion of what happened? All we know is that the coffee guy said he was in the office.... none of us know what he was doing. He could have been telling Control he had loads of passengers being left behind... or he could have been having a coffee... I don’t know and neither do you.

I sometimes wonder in these litigious times, if a member of staff could sue his/her employer for the abuse/assaults they get... especially after the “strike back” poster campaign.
Old 14-10-2017, 10:39 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDANGERMOUSE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You could've done with JC there. He likes helping passengers and having fun.
Old 14-10-2017, 10:41 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
You could've done with JC there. He likes helping passengers and having fun.
Jesus Christ?
Old 14-10-2017, 11:03 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Jesus Christ?
probably not. Probably not this guy either

The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 14-10-2017, 11:13 AM
Respected by no one

��. Yeah. Those posters are awful aren't they? The comments on them imply the staff have a lower IQ than Forrest Gump.
Old 19-10-2017, 03:12 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Looks as though the end could be in sight for the dispute.
Old 19-10-2017, 04:24 PM
STFU Donny

TopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is hereTopKnot Sam the man is here
My name is Gloria
I clean the train toilets

Every night I scrape faeces from 180 toilets
and mop up 65 gallons of customer urine

I love the satisfaction of seeing clean toilets
and shaking the hands of appreciative customers
Old 19-10-2017, 04:44 PM

adman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietadman50 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
Looks as though the end could be in sight for the dispute.
RMT statement is pretty damming...I'm not holding my breath....still a complete shit show.
Old 19-10-2017, 05:13 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adman50 View Post
RMT statement is pretty damming...I'm not holding my breath....still a complete shit show.
RMT who have no input in our pay deal.

I still don't understand the RMTs position anymore. The Guards are gone (and aren't coming back!), and they themselves refuse to acknowledge the OBS role.

So what exactly are they fighting for anymore?
Old 19-10-2017, 08:18 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Trains at a stand through East Croydon 2 trespassers on track . Power to third rail turned off .
Old 19-10-2017, 08:26 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
People are actually collapsing due to the heat on the Thameslink 700s. Siemens and Thameslink are aware of the fault with the climate control (it regularly hits 30c) but don't seem to be doing anything about it. Their Twitter staff are useless.

As for the dispute, what I read seemed sensible, a second safety trained member of staff except in exceptional circumstances... but I guess it depends what those extraordinary circs are.

Some Southern trains now have Wi-Fi on them as well, but I wouldn't trust GTR with any more data than absolutely necessary and it's probably awful anyway

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
Old 19-10-2017, 08:30 PM

racehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is hereracehorse-80s Sam the man is here
Back on the move at east Croydon .
Old 19-10-2017, 08:35 PM

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
At least with Thameslink you can see what cars are less populated and make your way there for a bit of peace.

I really like them, so much so I was really gutted when I missed one at East Croydon on Sunday going into London. Normally I wouldn't give a shit because the Thameslink journey's tedious and Blackfriars is...well...it's Blackfriars.

I just wanted to be on a new train.
Old 19-10-2017, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
At least with Thameslink you can see what cars are less populated and make your way there for a bit of peace.

I really like them, so much so I was really gutted when I missed one at East Croydon on Sunday going into London. Normally I wouldn't give a shit because the Thameslink journey's tedious and Blackfriars is...well...it's Blackfriars.

I just wanted to be on a new train.
remember the rear first class is currently declassified on all thameslink services