Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 16-04-2017, 06:39 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
You mean like a 4-0 loss at home to the worst team in the league?
We weren't in good form at that point. Yes we'd won the previous game but that was a rare decent performance in a shocking spell. Our form changed two weeks later.
Old 16-04-2017, 06:48 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
My worry is that the Burnley game - our best chance of getting the points we (probably) still need will be our 3rd game in 6 days. And we will have almost certainly been chasing the ball, out of possession for the majority of the previous two.

I think Burnley could potentially be the crucial, decisive game for us. I really want to avoid a high pressure, 'relegation play-off' match with Hull - anything could happen in that kind of fixture with nerves and a fiesty atmosphere.
Old 16-04-2017, 06:50 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
Avoiding defeat in just 2 of our remaining six games is really all we need to stay up.
Old 16-04-2017, 07:01 PM

Loafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLoafster came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
cannot believe some of the stuff on here
Has anyone who posts been to recent games?
We will easily finish on 40+ points
Old 16-04-2017, 07:06 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Shy Eagle View Post
I would say that's us this year isn't it?
They seem to have ignored us???
Old 16-04-2017, 07:10 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Got a feeling we will get something against Spurs and beat Burnley and will be safe when Hull come to town
Sit down and take a deep breath!. Too many fig rolls?
Old 16-04-2017, 07:10 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loafster View Post
cannot believe some of the stuff on here
Has anyone who posts been to recent games?
We will easily finish on 40+ points
Yes, I have been to recent games and have a season ticket.

However, I am not sure we will reach 40+ points. It is very possible but I also think it's very possible we won't.

This is how I would have us down:

Liverpool away Lose (No Sakho, Dann or probably Tomkins)
Tottenham home Lose (They are in fantastic form and are simply a better team than us)
Burnley home Win (BUT, the fact it will be our third game in 6 days worries me a bit)
Man City away Lose (They will obviously be favourites)
Hull home Draw (They are likely to be fighting for their lives and it may be a very tense, edgy game)
Man United away Lose (If they have a European final a few days later, it could help us but they will still be favourites, for very obvious reasons.

So that would take us to 38 EDIT: 39. And while it may well not be correct, it also doesn't appear to be an un-reasoned or irrational suggestion either. And as I said, the big danger for me is the fact the Burnley game falls when it does.

Last edited by Eddie McGoldrick's tash; 16-04-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Old 16-04-2017, 07:15 PM
People are People

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
A win against Burnley and a draw against Hull will take us to 39 points.

If we beat Hull, then even if we lose to Burnley and get no other points, Hull will need to win three of their other games against Watford (H), Southampton (A), Sunderland (H) and Spurs (H)

Last edited by firesign; 16-04-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 16-04-2017, 07:18 PM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post

However, I am not sure we will reach 40+ points. It is very possible but I also think it's very possible we won't.

Tottenham home Lose (They are in fantastic form and are simply a better team than us)
Burnley home Win (BUT, the fact it will be our third game in 6 days worries me a bit)
Hull home Draw (They are likely to be fighting for their lives and it may be a very tense, edgy game)
Man United away Lose (If they have a European final a few days later, it could help us but they will still be favourites, for very obvious reasons.

So that would take us to 38. And while it may well not be correct, it also doesn't appear to be an un-reasoned or irrational suggestion either. And as I said, the big danger for me is the fact the Burnley game falls when it does.
That would be 39. Agree with all of that though, Hull could go either way. It would be typical Palace if Burnley get their only away win of the season at Selhurst!
Old 16-04-2017, 07:22 PM
Out but not down

Duffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDuffle Coat came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

So that would take us to 38. And while it may well not be correct, it also doesn't appear to be an un-reasoned or irrational suggestion either. And as I said, the big danger for me is the fact the Burnley game falls when it does.
Like all Palace fans, I always factor in disappointment. However, I'd be well surprised if we don't take about 7 points off the 6 games. Incidentally, we will get 39 not 38 points by your calculations. I'm actually somewhat optimistic about Liverpool. Can't say why but we have potential there even without Sahko.
Old 16-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Celestial Empire

Celestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is hereCelestial Empire Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
That's made me feel better...well, until I realised that Burnley and Hull won't be taking the game to us.

I feel we'll nick a point form one of the next two games, which would set up the Burnley game nicely, with a win all but securing survival (surely) on 39.
Burnley will, that's the only way they know how to play.
And Hull will need the points.
Old 16-04-2017, 07:26 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
My worry is that the Burnley game - our best chance of getting the points we (probably) still need will be our 3rd game in 6 days. And we will have almost certainly been chasing the ball, out of possession for the majority of the previous two.

I think Burnley could potentially be the crucial, decisive game for us. I really want to avoid a high pressure, 'relegation play-off' match with Hull - anything could happen in that kind of fixture with nerves and a fiesty atmosphere.

I thought Allardyce made a massive mistake playing the first 11 against Arsenal away when we had Swansea 2 days later and they had had a crucial extra days rest.

However there in recovery terms there is a big difference between 2 days recovery time and 3.

So do we play a weakened team at home to Spudz?

Well Sakho can't play at L'pool and centre backs don't put in an enormous mileage so need to rest the centrebacks perhaps Kelly, Sakho and Tomkins will all play 2 games.

PVA and Schlupp can rotate as can Schlupp and Townsend. Zaha is as fit as a fiddle and doesn't seem to require much recovery. Ward can probably cope too.

Luka is a holding player so really we are talking about Cabaye, Puncheon and Benteke.

I would certainly be happy to see Cabaye and Benteke just play a half against Spurs, assuming MaCarthur and Remy are fit. Which is a crazy assumption in the case of Remy!
Old 16-04-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:

Or...

Liverpool have only kept one clean sheet in the last 8 games and are vulnerable to counter attack. We'll upset their Champions League aspirations and they know that's what we do!. Minimum draw, possible win.

Spurs are now in striking distance of Chelski so the pressure will be immense on them. Last year when they finally got close to Leicester, they choked. History repeats. Home win.

Burnley's next game is the w*nkers. They'll still be on 36 points afterwards and will realise they have to start winning games again so they'll come at us. Perfect for the counter. Home win.

That'll put us on 42-44 points with three games to go...........
Old 16-04-2017, 07:52 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Like many of us I'm paranoid as **** when it comes to Palace, I was at that infamous 'lap of honour' match before Oldham pulled off a miracle and Stockport but given our current form it looks highly unlikely we'll get no points from our remaining fixtures. Even more unlikely is Sund and Boro getting out of it and then Hull and Swansea suddenly hitting spectacular form. I don't dare believe it but I think we'll be alright. That said I'm praying we're safe by the time we play Man. U. cos that's a potential horror scenario.
Old 16-04-2017, 09:44 PM

bodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbodger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If you are worried put money on us at 33/1 to go down. Before we played Arsenal and Chelsea they were unwinable now Liverpool and Spurs are undrawable . Swansea have got one point from five games that were easy now in the last five they need three wins that is why it's 33/1.
Old 16-04-2017, 09:57 PM

Syph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSyph1979 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Swansea won't get to 34 points. They're awful.
Old 16-04-2017, 10:08 PM
Legednary typo's

passion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpassion4palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have a growing sense that we are going to play a key part (not for the first time) in the kingmaker/slayer role against some of the big teams in our final fixtures ... will be interesting to see how some of those games pan out
Old 16-04-2017, 10:42 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemorris04 View Post
That would be 39. Agree with all of that though, Hull could go either way. It would be typical Palace if Burnley get their only away win of the season at Selhurst!
You are right, 39, but my point still stands (even if I was one point out)
Old 16-04-2017, 10:44 PM
I'm thinking about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodger View Post
If you are worried put money on us at 33/1 to go down. Before we played Arsenal and Chelsea they were unwinable now Liverpool and Spurs are undrawable . Swansea have got one point from five games that were easy now in the last five they need three wins that is why it's 33/1.
I don't think anyone here is saying they think we will go down, but some are not counting our chickens yet. I think it would be different if we didn't still have a very tough looking run in.
Old 16-04-2017, 10:55 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
One more win. we've got it in us.. as someone has mentioned.. the Burnley game is not great timing 3rd game in 6 days..
Let's hope we get a cheeky win form Liverpool or Spurs
Closed Thread