Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 06:35 PM
People are People

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Reckon 37 points will be enough to stay up - 18 points from from 15 games. Tough but doable.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:44 PM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The LLLLLL sequence expected againt the top 6 will be key I think. Lose all 6 and we'll struggle, picking up 3 or 4 points would make a massive difference.

If Hull are down by the time we play them, that'll be 1000% pressure on us knowing its Manure away last game. No-one wants to need a point up there, be worse than going down at the Valley
Old 01-02-2017, 06:51 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
If we can win sat it would be nice to go to Stoke on back to back wins. We seem to be a bogey team for them and going there with improved confidence we might not get the win this time but a point is doable
Old 01-02-2017, 06:54 PM
N14 and not so proud...

SOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is hereSOUTHGATE EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
Reckon 37 points will be enough to stay up - 18 points from from 15 games. Tough but doable.
Unless drastic improvements are made by the teams around us, 31 points will suffice, testament to the weakness of this division. If after the money we have spent strengthening our left side, DM and CB positions, we can't garner another 12 points, then there is something very wrong with our set up. There's no more excuses for failure left now but to look at midfield creativity. Hopefully we will scrape through again and maybe, finally, address that issue with a better CM or AM in the summer.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:33 PM

Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!Sureagle has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
Yesterday, while we won, Swansea also won and Sunderland got an unlikely point vs Spurs. Today, Hull got an unexpected draws at Man United. Last week Swansea won at Liverpool. So teams around us are certainly improving and getting unexpected points. We need to do the same. 36-38 points still seem to be points required to avoid the drop
Old 01-02-2017, 11:04 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Currently I have 34 points as the safety target (on GD).

There are 6 teams in the mix with just 5 points between bottom and 15th.

This is unusual as one team is usually adrift by now and only 4/5 teams are fighting it out.

However, I can't say I would be happy to aim at that and with our run in we need at least that many with 5 games to go.

One thing in our favour is that we have to play sunderland, Middlesboro, Leicester and hull at home.

We also have Watford and burnley with our only other home games being the arse and spuds.

We need to win the 6 pointer games for sure.

We have 3 away games where we could get something so we need 16/19 points from 9 games. so at least 5 wins and 3/4 draws to be safe.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:49 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy01 View Post

This is unusual as one team is usually adrift by now and only 4/5 teams are fighting it out.

However, I can't say I would be happy to aim at that and with our run in we need at least that many with 5 games to go.

One thing in our favour is that we have to play sunderland, Middlesboro, Leicester and hull at home.

We also have Watford and burnley with our only other home games being the arse and spuds.

We have 3 away games where we could get something so we need 16/19 points from 9 games. so at least 5 wins and 3/4 draws to be safe.
Let's hope we sort our home form out starting now though, as we will need to win at home against all our rivals
Old 02-02-2017, 12:47 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
After the distraction of the window and yesterday's win I have suffered a bit of a setback today having looked through the remaining fixtures and taking a look at the transfers at the bottom clubs.

The problem I am having is believing that we can sustain the form necessary to get above 3 clubs. Before the window opened it felt like the 3 teams below us were inherently broken and weaker. All of them have found some form, 2 have changed Manager and got the bounce plus good transfers. The problem is that if we can't now get above all 3 of those clubs then we have to be able to catch either Leicester or Middlesbrough. The teams above them already have a 7 point advantage on us and that looks tough to make up with our remaining fixtures.

The key does seem to be the last 2 signings. If they kick ass then we do have a chance. If not then I am just not sure that we can do it. The 'dip' that we have experienced instead of a bounce has really hurt us, dropping us into the bottom 3 and the hope has to be that it's just been delayed and we will now get some extraordinary results.

I recognise the gloom which is partly self protection, partly a natural pessimism that has built up over the season. If you want a lift, watch today's training video. It helped me a little
Old 02-02-2017, 12:49 AM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I reckon Swansea will get out of it.

Hull, Sunderland and Boro for me are the ones I think will go down.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:22 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy01 View Post

I think 34 is very optimistic. None of the bottom four lost their midweek fixtures, and we all got very good results. Swansea are in great form, Hull and Sunderland keep scrapping away and in the last 6 games or so you often get some strange results with certain teams having nothing to play for and others resting players before cup finals/ champs league knock out ties.

Around this time of year people always underestimate the points we will need because most teams near the bottom do pick up and you can almost certain that at least one will.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:29 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
After the distraction of the window and yesterday's win I have suffered a bit of a setback today having looked through the remaining fixtures and taking a look at the transfers at the bottom clubs.

The problem I am having is believing that we can sustain the form necessary to get above 3 clubs. Before the window opened it felt like the 3 teams below us were inherently broken and weaker. All of them have found some form, 2 have changed Manager and got the bounce plus good transfers. The problem is that if we can't now get above all 3 of those clubs then we have to be able to catch either Leicester or Middlesbrough. The teams above them already have a 7 point advantage on us and that looks tough to make up with our remaining fixtures.

The key does seem to be the last 2 signings. If they kick ass then we do have a chance. If not then I am just not sure that we can do it. The 'dip' that we have experienced instead of a bounce has really hurt us, dropping us into the bottom 3 and the hope has to be that it's just been delayed and we will now get some extraordinary results.

I recognise the gloom which is partly self protection, partly a natural pessimism that has built up over the season. If you want a lift, watch today's training video. It helped me a little
I think I am thinking in a very similar way. We are starting to improve but not as much as Swansea and up until now we have really struggled against lower-mid table sides at home. I find it hard to see us winning all of those home games (Sunderland, Hull, Boro, Burnley etc.) I think we will improve a bit but fear it just might not be enough. We are already so far behind where we should be with a run in that looks incredibly tough.

The gap to the likes of Bournemouth just looks too big now and Swansea look in great nick. I had thought Watford could get dragged in but they went and won at Arsenal.

For me it will be 3 out of us, Hull, Sunderland and Boro. I guess Leicester are the other wildcards.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:49 AM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Last season not many of the bottoms clubs had a 'revivial' as such. I think it would be wrong to look at one or two of those few clubs and write them off. Teams usually almost always pick up this time if year.

Sunderland always improve. Swansea have too many good players and are showing it now. Hull have picked up. Leicester surely will get better. B'mouth and Watoford will scrap another 3/4 wins.

Great result but we have plenty to do still with our run in.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:21 AM

Payroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is herePayroll Legend Sam the man is here
Leicester could go down. They have some tough fixtures left, Champions League and FA Cup distractions and a manager that they may hang onto for too long.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:21 AM

PGHSTEVE would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPGHSTEVE would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPGHSTEVE would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPGHSTEVE would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPGHSTEVE would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPGHSTEVE would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPGHSTEVE would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPGHSTEVE would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPGHSTEVE would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPGHSTEVE would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPGHSTEVE would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
With 23 weeks of fixtures completed, would it really surprise anyone if Watford down through Sunderland were ultimately relegated? It is way too early to write any of these clubs off with 15 matches still remaining.

There is a tremendous opportunity to earn points through February. Reeling in Boro and Leicester, as well as keeping pace with Swansea, should be the short term objective given the recent investment at the close of the transfer window.

Hopefully we can look back at the beginning of May, safe, and say that Bournemouth and Sunderland were where it all started going Palace's way.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:58 AM

Louis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLouis came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGHSTEVE View Post
There is a tremendous opportunity to earn points through February. Reeling in Boro and Leicester, as well as keeping pace with Swansea, should be the short term objective given the recent investment at the close of the transfer window
It is reasonable to predict that Mr Allardyce will have some questions to answer if Palace are ultimately demoted after such a large financial outlay.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:08 AM
Glad All Over Forever

Stockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietStockport_Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Beat Sunderland on Saturday and all this analysis will change...suddenly we'd have 22 points from 24 games. One point per game over the season keeps you up, so not far behind.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:18 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
I have a funny feeling that not only we will survive but Swansea and Sunderland will as well. Hull, Boro, Bournemouth
If we have a good month against the bottom teams we can nick a result or two against the better sides as the pressure comes off.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:38 AM

CheeseRolls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheeseRolls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheeseRolls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheeseRolls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheeseRolls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheeseRolls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheeseRolls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheeseRolls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheeseRolls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheeseRolls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCheeseRolls : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This thread and the table would look a whole lot different had we not won on Tuesday night
Old 02-02-2017, 07:24 AM

BillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBillyTKid came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bookies have us as 5th most likely to go down with odds of 9/4. I was feeling very bearish but the win on Tuesday has made me believe we will stay up. We have the best squad of the bottom five teams and and a manager that specialisesin this type of situation. Swansea and Hull are seeing an improvement with new managers but that can fade. Swansea still look very short of good players in defence and the hull squad is thin of numbers.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:36 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post

Some good points but the way you say about us needing to get above 3 clubs makes it seem like we are bottom. We only have to climb one place. But of course, at the moment it is very tight down there and there will probably be weeks when we win only to find everyone else did etc, which is going to make it very stressful
Closed Thread