Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:44 AM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Excellent Fayre.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

Old 04-06-2018, 10:35 AM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by keltic eagle View Post
Surely if every fan that has taken pleasure from Nick's labours of love paid a pound for each of the 28 episodes the target woulf shrink even more. Those productions are worth their weight in gold.

I suggested to Nick last night about putting the appeal on Brightons NSC boards but he is reluctant as he's spent 8 years slagging them off. I disagree. For all that we think of Brighton, they like us are only human (I think) and some must have a sense of humour (Surely!!!!) and I'm sure a fair few of them donated to Scarletts wish to walk.

Anyway, only a suggestion but what does the good old BBS think?

Keltic we have helped them raise money for REMF so why not if Brighton did something similar that took the piss out of us Id Laugh.

Steve browett has made a donation so bet it was SP for the large donation
Old 04-06-2018, 10:45 AM
Perpetually Devastated

newbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minenewbureagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Fantastic as always and donation duly made.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:55 AM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
Keltic we have helped them raise money for REMF so why not if Brighton did something similar that took the piss out of us Id Laugh.

Steve browett has made a donation so bet it was SP for the large donation
Thats my thinking Pete
Old 04-06-2018, 03:17 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I wasn't paying too much attention when doing it, but what was the "tipping" thing all about on the gofundme site? I didn't look too hard but I couldn't see a way to avoid it, so added the 15%.

If it goes to a good cause, then great. Like I say, I should have paid more attention.

Edit: I should have Googled it before asking the question:

Quote:
Adding a GoFundMe Tip

Rather than charging a platform fee on personal campaigns in the US and Canada, GoFundMe gives donors the option to add a voluntary tip. Your donation receipt will show you a breakdown of your donation and tip amount. On your statement, this will either show up as a single combined charge, or as two separate charges.

These tips allow GoFundMe to maintain and improve our free platform. We are incredibly grateful for the donors who help keep GoFundMe the safest, most trusted, and most successful option for personal fundraising. Only with your help can we continue to provide help to others when they need it most.
Old 04-06-2018, 03:51 PM

keltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is herekeltic eagle Sam the man is here
Its administration costs I think. Its so that what you donate goes to the recipient so say you donate 10 + 2.50 the tenner goes to bubbs and they get the 2.50. Its the same with gift aid but this isn't a charity so no gift aid. Does this make sense?
Old 04-06-2018, 04:07 PM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I wasn't paying too much attention when doing it, but what was the "tipping" thing all about on the gofundme site? I didn't look too hard but I couldn't see a way to avoid it, so added the 15%.
Fairly easy to avoid, but not completely obvious. It was something like:

"Tip" > Custom Amount" > "0.00"

I tried to set it to a few pennies, which could be fair, but they have set a minimum of 1, which is just plain greedy on a fund raising site. But that's sociopaths for you...

Last edited by cockles; 04-06-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 04:11 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

If it goes to a good cause, then great. Like I say, I should have paid more attention.

Edit: I should have Googled it before asking the question:
Though I understand the need to for the site to cover costs, I think they should take only a small amount from each donor, as I dont think such a site should be for profit. Interesting that being in the USA yours defaulted to 15%, wheras iirc over here when I donated it was at 10%. I 'donated' the lowest amount of 5%.

Nice to see that the donations to Kat is now over 3 500 mark, which is a fantastic landmark, however surely there are far more than 130 people out there who have got great pleasure from Nick's work, who can afford to contribute something, however small.

He should make a film of how he puts these things together so some can appreciate the effort that is involved to put out one of his offerings.

It should also be appreciated that after his daughter had been born, he had hung up his boots on doing anymore, because of the time it involves to create one. Yet the creative artist in him, and his love for Palace, has seen him, despite the demands of a job and the time involved in caring for his daughter, reverse his original decision and make more.

I also think if people could see the love, devotion and effort both he and Mrs Bubbs put into parenting Kat, and see they are two parents willing and wanting the best for their daughter it would bring a tear to their eye.

Those of us that are lucky enough to count Nick as a friend, are very aware of how reluctant and uncomfortable he was to use 'A Palace Minute' to fund raise for his daughter, so like to think that our reassuring him it was entirely an appropriate thing to do, finally saw him relent. However I think it was more to do with Mrs Bubbs wafting a kitchen knife infront of him

Not only a very creative and talented bloke, but a top one as well.

He also puts his creative talents to providing educational tools for young children, including those with special needs, under the moniker of Bubble Education;

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Which is also free to those that make use of the resources he provides. Worth checking out if you have a young child and think it may help with their education.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 04-06-2018, 04:16 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Its administration costs I think. Its so that what you donate goes to the recipient so say you donate 10 + 2.50 the tenner goes to bubbs and they get the 2.50. Its the same with gift aid but this isn't a charity so no gift aid. Does this make sense?
Yep.... I think I figured it out. I don't have a problem with that.

Apparently they used to charge a flat 5% fee, but recently changed to to a voluntary "tip". This may also be just a US thing from what I read.

I smile at the voluntary bit, as the sure don't make it obvious how to give anything but a minimum of 15%, which is a nice little increase from the 5% they used to charge.

Still... irrelevant and happy to include it.

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Those of us that are lucky enough to count Nick as a friend, are very aware of how reluctant and uncomfortable he was to use 'A Palace Minute' to fund raise for his daughter, so like to think that our reassuring him it was entirely an appropriate thing to do, finally saw him relent. However I think it was more to do with Mrs Bubbs wafting a kitchen knife infront of him

Not only a very creative and talented bloke, but a top one as well.

He also puts his creative talents to providing educational tools for young children and kids with special needs under the moniker of Bubble Education;

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Which is also free to those that make use of the resources he provides. Worth checking out if you have a young child and think it may help with their education.

Well said ExiledStirling!

I don't really know Nick, but almost feel like I do because from his many pictures taken from the Sainsbury's End 87/88/89 era, he must have been standing within metres of me.

As said before, I'm very pleased he's given us an opportunity to help his family with this unfortunate issue.

Itatian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldItatian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldItatian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldItatian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldItatian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldItatian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldItatian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldItatian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldItatian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldItatian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worldItatian was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Excellent Bubbs, donation made, can't understand how Mrs Bubbs thinks you have been wasting your time...

I'm sure a few Bri***on supporters would donate - I have a brother who supports them and the FFS Murray one certainly made him laugh
Old 04-06-2018, 04:19 PM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Brilliant as usual - delighted to make a donation to help your beautiful daughter! x

Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream, Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily - life is but a dream!
Old 04-06-2018, 04:31 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Thats my thinking Pete

Yes share it everywhere Ive stuck it on my Facebook page and retweeted on twitter - over 3.5k now
Old 04-06-2018, 08:13 PM

Sleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSleeping Giant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Boy do I look forward to these
Old 04-06-2018, 08:44 PM

Lemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLemming came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Loved Wilf's head spin.

Good luck with your daughters fund raising.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:29 AM

Madden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Nice to see that the donations to Kat is now over 3 500 mark, which is a fantastic landmark, however surely there are far more than 130 people out there who have got great pleasure from Nick's work, who can afford to contribute something, however small.
There are over 14,000 registered members here, assuming half are trolls, away fans or non-active then it would only take half of the rest of us to pay the minimum 5GBP each to reach Tim's goal! Maybe the admins could send out an email to all members to make them aware of the appeal?
Old 05-06-2018, 07:13 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Donations have now exceeded 4 000.

Old 05-06-2018, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Donations have now exceeded 4 000.
Brilliant............ but the thread has had over 4000 views. I'm not good at maths but ...............
Old 05-06-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Brilliant............ but the thread has had over 4000 views. I'm not good at maths but ...............
If we keep viewing this thread and get it up to 15 000 the target will be reached?

Old 05-06-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
If we keep viewing this thread and get it up to 15 000 the target will be reached?
Your fikker than me