Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 12-01-2017, 03:48 PM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got my email today, I'm in the UTMB CCC.
Old 12-01-2017, 03:53 PM

eagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by immoralgiant View Post
Congrats. I have 3 points. Not sure what that entitles me too
Old 12-01-2017, 04:11 PM

immoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineimmoralgiant : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
3 points is the OCC, 55km with 3.5km of vert. Entries have closed now though, although you can roll it over to next year assuming you got your points in 2016.
Old 12-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Dazed & Confused

bert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbert head is god came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
That is completely mental. Don't get me wrong, I'm thoroughly impressed by anyone who would even attempt this and wish you all the luck in the world.

I'm running a five miler next week which involves running twice over a bridge that's 75 feet high and despite having raced it the last two years and training on it twice in the last week, I'm dreading the final climb. As I'm struggling up it in 65 degrees F, I shall think of you and chastise myself for being such a lightweight!

Have a great race!

(it's still mental)
Old 12-01-2017, 04:51 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Respect
Old 12-01-2017, 05:05 PM

eagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle mart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
3 points is the OCC, 55km with 3.5km of vert. Entries have closed now though, although you can roll it over to next year assuming you got your points in 2016.
I think I could do that, slowly - currently. But I think I could still do it.

I did some hill training with Robbie Britton & Natalie White over Christmas, just a free get together on Box Hill. They do Alpine camps over in Chamouix in the summer. I don't know whether you've experienced the terrain, but could be good for you to do something like that prior to get a feel for it.
Old 13-01-2017, 09:55 AM

I do want to get some proper training in on mountains but not sure I'll get time. I went to the Lake District in July last year and spoke to someone who had done the full UTMB and they said it's a lot more runnable in terms of terrain than the Lake District.

Other problem is cost, using it as a holiday as well so already spending quite a lot. Not sure a second holiday to run up and down mountains is going to go down well.
Old 15-01-2017, 02:24 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Managed 6 miles this morning, even after a skinfull last night. Trouble is it took 1hr 12 minutes...

Am gradually getting fitter nonetheless, with a combo of gym, swimming and running, with a plan to do one long run a week.

Am gradually increasing that long run each week. What is a sensible distance to reach and stop at?

8 miles? 10 miles?
Old 15-01-2017, 03:09 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Managed 6 miles this morning, even after a skinfull last night. Trouble is it took 1hr 12 minutes...

Am gradually getting fitter nonetheless, with a combo of gym, swimming and running, with a plan to do one long run a week.

Am gradually increasing that long run each week. What is a sensible distance to reach and stop at?

8 miles? 10 miles?

What's your goal just to get fitter or to take part in a run?
Old 15-01-2017, 04:09 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Currently just to get fitter (and thinner), but also to maintain a level without getting injured.

Once fit I may do the odd 10k or even half marathon. Am in my fifties and closer to 18 stone than 17, I did the Berlin Marathon a few years back and was injured pre and post.

Running is very good for you for a number of reasons but pushing yourself is a two-edged sword, do it right and you get fitter and mental satisfaction, overdo it and you get injured and frustrated.

I reckon 8 miles is fine for me. Once there I guess I will see how I feel
Old 15-01-2017, 04:33 PM

I'd keep it at the 6 miles for a little while if you are doing long runs once a week - aim to get to 7 after 4 weeks and then 8 4 weeks after that. The cross training should help too
Old 15-01-2017, 06:55 PM

Enfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEnfield eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got place in Cambridge half marathon in 7 weeks time? Will attempt to go from a couple of 5k runs a week to 21k somehow.

Have about a dozen palace tops since mid 90's. Anybody recommend a particular kit that's good to run in for the race? I'm guessing the mis-spelt baggy 05/06 kit isn't as good as a recent player fit shirt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=LXocmIHoVXM

cpfc - strength in times of unusualness
Old 15-01-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
just looked this up and mental is indeed the right description. Good luck, I look forward to reading the match report
Old 16-01-2017, 10:15 AM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Currently just to get fitter (and thinner), but also to maintain a level without getting injured.

Once fit I may do the odd 10k or even half marathon. Am in my fifties and closer to 18 stone than 17, I did the Berlin Marathon a few years back and was injured pre and post.

Running is very good for you for a number of reasons but pushing yourself is a two-edged sword, do it right and you get fitter and mental satisfaction, overdo it and you get injured and frustrated.

I reckon 8 miles is fine for me. Once there I guess I will see how I feel
Between 6 and 8 miles is a good place to stay, and focus on bringing the length of time it takes to do that down. Once you're finding it easy and have noticed a considerable improvement in time, you could think about going longer (entering a half marathon would be a way to encourage that).
Old 19-01-2017, 02:16 PM

Was following the Spine race this morning. Amazing endurance, the winner, a Brit, never slept for the last 30 hours or so and passed the two race leaders who had taken few hours nap together at one of the check points. Finished the 268 mile race in under 100 hours.

Crazy weather conditions and the 16 hour nights. Brutal.