Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 30-10-2016, 01:20 AM

Repo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
Its a concerted effort to make Croydon nicer for middle aged rich people
Unless fried chicken and grime is a requisite for middle aged rich people, I don't think they'll be heading to Boxpark anytime soon - went past there this evening on the way out of East Croydon station, I think I can safely say that any curiosity I had in going there with the promise of the food and drink on offer since this was announced has been extinguished once and for all from what I've seen/heard in the space of 10 minutes.
Old 30-10-2016, 01:43 AM

Speron1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo Man View Post
Unless fried chicken and grime is a requisite for middle aged rich people, I don't think they'll be heading to Boxpark anytime soon - went past there this evening on the way out of East Croydon station, I think I can safely say that any curiosity I had in going there with the promise of the food and drink on offer since this was announced has been extinguished once and for all from what I've seen/heard in the space of 10 minutes.
Probably due to the grime event on there.

I'm going tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
Old 30-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Conceding 9

Perry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It was a strange choice for a launch event, meant there had to be a lot of police presence around, and the looks on the faces around the station waiting at bus stops etc, who had no idea what was happening, was interesting.

We have two units on the Dingwall road side, facing out of the main arena which meant we could open to the public yesterday. There have been a lot of issues with the development, and all the little problems we have in the bar this weekend are either down to Boxpark's poor planning or the contractors we are forced to use. Having said that, it was nice to get open to serve our beer, and there were a great mix of people in the bar throughout the day, I am looking forward to the event today more than yesterday's!
Old 30-10-2016, 11:30 AM

TonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The only worthwhile place to eat in there will be Cook Daily which is fantastic.
Old 30-10-2016, 11:41 AM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
When I was getting the bus outside East Croydon after the game the noise was awful. It felt more like I was outside a nightclub.

I may go and have a look before the Man City game.
Old 30-10-2016, 12:04 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Suckling View Post
It was a strange choice for a launch event, meant there had to be a lot of police presence around, and the looks on the faces around the station waiting at bus stops etc, who had no idea what was happening, was interesting.

We have two units on the Dingwall road side, facing out of the main arena which meant we could open to the public yesterday. There have been a lot of issues with the development, and all the little problems we have in the bar this weekend are either down to Boxpark's poor planning or the contractors we are forced to use. Having said that, it was nice to get open to serve our beer, and there were a great mix of people in the bar throughout the day, I am looking forward to the event today more than yesterday's!
slightly off topic.... but i was at the Meantime Brewery for a tour on friday. When i mentioned I was from croydon he really bigged up The Cronx
Old 30-10-2016, 12:06 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Having Grime music as the event opener was slightly odd. Sort of crosses two opposite demographics. Wonder how it went down? I dont imagine many Black youth enjoying the posh food outlets for example.
Old 30-10-2016, 03:32 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyPulis4PM View Post
The only worthwhile place to eat in there will be Cook Daily which is fantastic.
a vegan restaurant? good grief!
Old 30-10-2016, 04:12 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertCPFC View Post
When I was getting the bus outside East Croydon after the game the noise was awful. It felt more like I was outside a nightclub.

I may go and have a look before the Man City game.
Please do. I expect there will be a fair amount of Palace fans in before and after the game.
Old 30-10-2016, 04:31 PM
Old member.

Shipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShipsisourking came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
the noise was unbelievable walking from platform to platform at East Croydon.
Old 30-10-2016, 04:35 PM
Readmitted into society

Chunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChunt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Having Grime music as the event opener was slightly odd. Sort of crosses two opposite demographics. Wonder how it went down? I dont imagine many Black youth enjoying the posh food outlets for example.
Racist
Old 30-10-2016, 05:40 PM

lewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlewisuk came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
its great news for Croydon, at last somewhere to eat that isn't a chicken in a box place
Old 30-10-2016, 06:21 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisuk View Post
its great news for Croydon, at last somewhere to eat that isn't a chicken in a box place
To be fair, there's a lot of alternatives already to chicken in a box. The question might be whether those alternatives will suffer from custom focusing on BoxPark or whether the custom spreads out.
Old 30-10-2016, 07:29 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Why not?

Do black youth not enjoy posh food? What is posh food by the way?

Why would you think this let alone post it?

Sorry to ask so many questions.

Cricket wanker.
Old 30-10-2016, 07:33 PM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
This almost feels like a match day thread. A load of people who didn't bother going writing off an establishment trying to find its feet and do good.
Old 30-10-2016, 07:35 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
This almost feels like a match day thread. A load of people who didn't bother going writing off an establishment trying to find its feet and do good.
Has maestro slagged off the chicken yet?

Or told everyone that they've got the menu all wrong?

Perhaps we should have a poll as to whether Cronx has to go?

Cricket wanker.
Old 30-10-2016, 07:54 PM

spy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had tickets for the NME thing today but they were letting people in free this afternoon. I expect a lot of people got tickets in the ballot and didn't go.
Old 30-10-2016, 07:56 PM

spy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry Suckling View Post
Once the main bit is open to the public will you be able to take drinks from the Cronx bar into the main seating areas? Will be nice to have a Cronx with your food rather than the Coors they sell in the main bar
Old 30-10-2016, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Why not?

Do black youth not enjoy posh food? What is posh food by the way?

Why would you think this let alone post it?

Sorry to ask so many questions.

Grime is very much an urban style genre based around hard times in council estates/on the streets etc. I dont know many truffle boutiques and cupcake cafes in the rundown areas of south london.

I associate boxpark with beardy hipsters. I dont really associate beardy hipsters with grime music.!
Old 30-10-2016, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunt View Post
Racist
Lol.