Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 01-11-2016, 08:38 AM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
Wonder whether away supporters will end up in there on matchdays. Hopefully it doesn't attract any arseholes if it does. I'm personally looking forward to spending time there pre or post match as it is so handy location wise.
Most away supporters will be coming from North of London and North of the River, can't see many away supporters congregating there unless they are the glory hunting freaks in the south of England or tourists flying in via Gatwick.

Might be interesting with a Brighton or Millwall fixture though.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:30 AM

Nigel_Scarfer Sam the man is hereNigel_Scarfer Sam the man is hereNigel_Scarfer Sam the man is hereNigel_Scarfer Sam the man is hereNigel_Scarfer Sam the man is hereNigel_Scarfer Sam the man is hereNigel_Scarfer Sam the man is hereNigel_Scarfer Sam the man is hereNigel_Scarfer Sam the man is hereNigel_Scarfer Sam the man is hereNigel_Scarfer Sam the man is here
I popped in to get a coffee on the way to work this morning. 2.5 for a very small flat white (apparently hipsters don't use £ signs anymore). Have to say it was a bloody good coffee though, far better than anything you would get at costa or café nero etc.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:01 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
Popped in yesterday evening on way home from choir for a quick look - overall impression: glorified food court. And everything seems to be served in plastic. (I hope there is rigorous recycling going on!) Cronx bar looked great - loved the red and blue beer barrel seats!

There is only cold comfort
To be found in the current climate
Inside a chaos of corruption
That chills the heart
We are deep in hot water
Drowning in a consumer economy
Old 01-11-2016, 10:21 AM

desperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is here
Going to be full of wankers
Waited for a bus in Dingwall Road as the East Croydon bus station is now closed
Tossers delaying buses by standing in the bus lane taking selfies of being at Boxpark
Buses should just hit them
It is five!
Old 01-11-2016, 10:41 AM

Speron1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Stay classy
Old 01-11-2016, 11:02 AM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speron1 View Post
Stay classy
It's just natural selection.

Anyone stupid enough to stand in the road in the path of a double decker bus just to take a photo for their Facebook profile would only be getting what they asked for!
Old 01-11-2016, 02:20 PM

MikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMikeyBaby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I really don't see why people would complain about investment in Croydon, the place kinda needs it
Innit.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 01-11-2016, 02:34 PM
South Croydon's Finest

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Box park works in shoreditch as people are in london already and had an arty set (aka twats rocking wanna be paedo beards & braces) to tap into.

Croydon doesnt have this - you cant force it either, and i cant see people being drawn out of clapham etc down to croydon for this.

Glad to see investment in croydon as it sorely needs it, but one seriously violent act (which will happen - we all know it) will kill the boxpark vibe.

I do hope they succeed, but think the odds may be stacked against them as some of the prices ive seen quoted im not sure croydon is ready for.

Ill stick to brgr&beer for somewhere non-chain based for my dining needs.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Dartford, Croydon, Bromley and the surrounding areas.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:36 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperado View Post
Going to be full of wankers
Waited for a bus in Dingwall Road as the East Croydon bus station is now closed
Tossers delaying buses by standing in the bus lane taking selfies of being at Boxpark
Buses should just hit them
great idea , then they'd close the area for good
Old 01-11-2016, 02:43 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
Popped in yesterday evening on way home from choir for a quick look - overall impression: glorified food court. And everything seems to be served in plastic. (I hope there is rigorous recycling going on!) Cronx bar looked great - loved the red and blue beer barrel seats!
Cronx aren't serving beer in plastic beakers I hope?
Old 01-11-2016, 02:53 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
I work in Dingwall Road so I'm just a few seconds walk away.

I went for a Chicken burger. It was nice but I felt £9 quid was overpriced, especially with no chips.

The general impression I got was that it was very trendy and very overpriced. I don't want to be to negative though it is a nice enough place to visit and the food I had was good.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:54 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
Box park works in shoreditch as people are in london already and had an arty set (aka twats rocking wanna be paedo beards & braces) to tap into.

Croydon doesnt have this - you cant force it either, and i cant see people being drawn out of clapham etc down to croydon for this.

Glad to see investment in croydon as it sorely needs it, but one seriously violent act (which will happen - we all know it) will kill the boxpark vibe.

I do hope they succeed, but think the odds may be stacked against them as some of the prices ive seen quoted im not sure croydon is ready for.

Ill stick to brgr&beer for somewhere non-chain based for my dining needs.
It will miss you.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:54 PM

Halfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHalfwayline came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looks OK if you want to try something different for lunch. A bit pricey though. I will wait for others to recommend food first rather then experiment myself. Better to have something there then have wasteland. My only concern is the effect on other local food outlets. They is only so much food money that can be distributed.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:56 PM

NorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is hereNorthPalace23 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel_Scarfer View Post
I popped in to get a coffee on the way to work this morning. 2.5 for a very small flat white (apparently hipsters don't use £ signs anymore). Have to say it was a bloody good coffee though, far better than anything you would get at costa or café nero etc.
Good point!

Why on earth don't they use £ signs?!
Old 01-11-2016, 02:57 PM
South Croydon's Finest

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 View Post
I work in Dingwall Road so I'm just a few seconds walk away.

I went for a Chicken burger. It was nice but I felt £9 quid was overpriced, especially with no chips.
This is my point.. £9 for a burger, £3 for chips, £2 for a coke.... youve done £14 for lunch, which is going to put off the office lunch crowd etc.

And its this crowd you need to make it work as you cant rely solely on post work/weekend trade otherwise you have far too much downtime.

Old 01-11-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
This is my point.. £9 for a burger, £3 for chips, £2 for a coke.... youve done £14 for lunch, which is going to put off the office lunch crowd etc.

And its this crowd you need to make it work as you cant rely solely on post work/weekend trade otherwise you have far too much downtime.
£7 quid for a burger with chips and in the months to come when the initial buzz has gone I think they'd still do a decent trade.
Old 01-11-2016, 03:02 PM
South Croydon's Finest

£7 for a burger and chips id consider as a viable lunch option if i were local.

Old 01-11-2016, 03:04 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPalace23 View Post
Must of been very good to beat a £2 Morley's chicken burger!
Old 01-11-2016, 03:10 PM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I went for couple of hours yesterday and was pretty impressed - great selection of food outlets and seemed decent enough atmosphere to the place. I had a pretty good Chicken burger and wings at Coq Fighter. I would recommend taking a coat as Box Park in general seemed a little cold - glad it has roof though. Also enjoyed a pint of Kotchin and liked the Cronx bar very much - good job done there!
Old 01-11-2016, 03:11 PM

richdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrichdeniro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I can't imagine your average Croydon office worker is on the kind of wages that can afford to spend 15-20 quid a day on lunch whereas Shoreditch, Old Street, Angel, etc is full of 50-100k+ a year people who can afford that kind of thing.