Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 04-11-2016, 08:21 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Had a bacon cheeseburger in Meat Liquor..and a few beers in there too, before heading off to the Cronx bar.... The burger was great....(it has to be for 8.75!).....the cronx booze was good too, but one thing surprised me..... the good level of service.....YES SERVICE... something that has been forgotten about in outer london regions.

Friendly and polite staff with a smile ;-)

Quietly impressed. Need to try the other foodies place out.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:23 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popester View Post
My train carriage is packed with trendies from London going to boxpark.

They're banging on about how they've never been to south London before. Plebs.
It is ok to burn them, it's nearly the 5th. ******* never been to South London, well it is a kept secret. Hope they get lost.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:26 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by New LP View Post
How did people used to talk about Brixton or Shoreditch not that long ago?

Ok I'm not saying that Croydon will end up that trendy but a big improvement is possible.
The one in brixton is newly open and is successful for the reasons the Shoreditch one isn't, sounds like the Croydon BP will be half decent as it has learnt lessons from Shoreditch
Old 04-11-2016, 08:26 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkie View Post
What I struggle to understand is why the food of choice for the skinny chino-ed, bearded brigade is the worst excesses of Americana. Jeez. Ribs, shredded pork, Donuts, 'gourmet' burgers, etc. They might as well bite the bullet and go to Burger King or McDonalds and stop pretending that the more expensive version is what the cool people should eat.
All in the branding I guess. These sorts of places are generally a lot tastier than McDonalds etc though.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:27 PM
Cruddy Clique

Quote:
What I struggle to understand is why the food of choice for the skinny chino-ed, bearded brigade is the worst excesses of Americana. Jeez. Ribs, shredded pork, Donuts, 'gourmet' burgers, etc. They might as well bite the bullet and go to Burger King or McDonalds and stop pretending that the more expensive version is what the cool people should eat.
You've definitely missed your own point.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:37 PM

Dunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDunkie came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALACEWU View Post
You've definitely missed your own point.
I'm not entirely sure what my point was, or even if there was one. If you could fill me in, i would be grateful!
Old 04-11-2016, 08:47 PM
Cruddy Clique

Well, what's wrong with wanting to pay a few extra quid for a better quality burger than you'd get in a manky mcdonalds? The idea isn't new but is still a good one, there are smaller businesses mixed with more established ones in a format that works. I walked around the brixton one and wasn't entirely impressed, mostly because brixton already has a plethora of eateries, but this one seems like a nice idea. The Shoreditch BP is just shite.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:14 PM

Cube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was going to give Boxpark a visit tonight as it's a handy 5 minute stroll (Cronx stagger) from my house.
Cycled past there on my way home from work and it looked as if there was a huge queue waiting to get in at around 6pm Couldn't be arsed to wait around in the rain so I'll try and hang with the hipsters another time.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:38 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cube72 View Post
Was going to give Boxpark a visit tonight as it's a handy 5 minute stroll (Cronx stagger) from my house.
Cycled past there on my way home from work and it looked as if there was a huge queue waiting to get in at around 6pm Couldn't be arsed to wait around in the rain so I'll try and hang with the hipsters another time.
They were probably specifically queuing for the free burrito.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:41 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
But Boxpark has Thai, Indian, Sri Lankan, Greek, Vietnamese, Brazilian, Caribbean, etc. etc. etc.?
Old 04-11-2016, 11:11 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
They need something substantial for the craft beer to land on!
Old 04-11-2016, 11:17 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Just went past it, rammed.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:59 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cube72 View Post
Yep that was just the burrito place... shouldve just gone in to the main bit. Plenty of seating and plenty of places to eat/drink.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:37 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweedman View Post
Everyone knows the best wings are £1 Crown Point Maxin 4 wings and chips.
yes lad
Old 05-11-2016, 06:52 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is hereozzieEagle Sam the man is here
Weird how these fads go around the world at approx the same time....

To view the link you have to Register or Login

With a bit of luck this lot will turn up for a guest appearance again.

Last edited by ozzieEagle; 05-11-2016 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-11-2016, 08:48 AM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
I really don't get the Meat Liquor hype.

For anyone who wants the best burger on this entire planet, get yourself down to Brighton and go to Burger Brothers. It is quite simply the best burger you will ever eat.
Old 05-11-2016, 09:29 AM
Conceding 9

Perry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
As others have said there are still major teething problems, most of them not down to the unit owners. I am at the bar now waiting for one of our chiller's to be installed by Boxpark's contractors who should have installed it 3 weeks ago. Others are in the same boat, I know a lot of units have malfunctioning heating/cooling which takes time to be resolved - Dum Dums (The donut place, and one of the few units ran by somebody actually from Croydon) still had a wire hanging out of the ceiling waiting for the contractors to come back - Doesn't stop them from selling out most days though.

Still, all gone well and we serve in glass when we can, not always our call though!
Old 05-11-2016, 11:55 AM

Cube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCube72 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Yep that was just the burrito place... shouldve just gone in to the main bit. Plenty of seating and plenty of places to eat/drink.
Thanks for that, I just whizzed past and couldn't really see where the queue was going,other than it was outside Boxpark. I hope it's a huge success, I love Croydon
Old 05-11-2016, 12:05 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
But Boxpark has Thai, Indian, Sri Lankan, Greek, Vietnamese, Brazilian, Caribbean, etc. etc. etc.?
And Tapa, specifically Galician by the looks of them, with a few fine Galician beers and sidre.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:06 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
PS we actually saw PopUp leave Cronx last night. Miracles.