Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-11-2016, 02:24 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I really don't get the Meat Liquor hype.

For anyone who wants the best burger on this entire planet, get yourself down to Brighton and go to Burger Brothers. It is quite simply the best burger you will ever eat.
I was very underwhelmed with ML also, burgers are tiny as are the side, I'd even prefer GBK than ML, Patty and Bun and Dip and Flip are my faves
Old 05-11-2016, 02:57 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:

For anyone who wants the best burger on this entire planet, get yourself down to Brighton and go to Burger Brothers. It is quite simply the best burger you will ever eat.
actually thought Burger Brothers overdid it. Gonna ask for less "toppings " next time as it all just became a squiggy mess in the end. THey are quality though...although more expensive and take away only compared to Meat Liquor.
Old 05-11-2016, 02:58 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
that coffee place needs to lower its prices and offer larger cups and also whole milk............there is a Costa's just behind!
Old 05-11-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
But Boxpark has Thai, Indian, Sri Lankan, Greek, Vietnamese, Brazilian, Caribbean, etc. etc. etc.?
Greek on the Street at the Dingwall Road entrance is nice!!
Old 05-11-2016, 03:23 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
actually thought Burger Brothers overdid it. Gonna ask for less "toppings " next time as it all just became a squiggy mess in the end. THey are quality though...although more expensive and take away only compared to Meat Liquor.
What did you go with? The Benneton is incredible but very rich and messy.

Simple Jack is is just a cheeseburger effectively and is superb.
Old 05-11-2016, 03:36 PM

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Quote:

For anyone who wants the best burger on this entire planet, get yourself down to Brighton
No.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:00 PM

bgraham knows the way to San Josébgraham knows the way to San Josébgraham knows the way to San Josébgraham knows the way to San Josébgraham knows the way to San Josébgraham knows the way to San Josébgraham knows the way to San Josébgraham knows the way to San Josébgraham knows the way to San Josébgraham knows the way to San Josébgraham knows the way to San José
It is great to have a Cronx Bar at the Box Park, the beer is of a good quality, reasonably priced, but the downside is kids being allowed, hate seeing kids in pubs!
Old 06-11-2016, 04:20 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
No.
Good argument.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:07 PM
Liberal Filth

xab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Olliexab belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
But Boxpark has Thai, Indian, Sri Lankan, Greek, Vietnamese, Brazilian, Caribbean, etc. etc. etc.?
And so has Brighton Road from the Swan to the Edge, at varying times. I'm not quite sure what putting these things in freight containers does for it to make people queue outside on a Friday lunch time...
Old 06-11-2016, 09:01 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by xab View Post
And so has Brighton Road from the Swan to the Edge, at varying times. I'm not quite sure what putting these things in freight containers does for it to make people queue outside on a Friday lunch time...
The 'Restaurant Quarter' restaurants are very different to the food outlets at Boxpark. There's little overlap in the food on offer, and Boxpark certainly isn't a formal dining experience (apart from Yumn which seems to be a copy of their South Croydon restaurant).

I'd place the pricing as somewhere between a fast food outlet and a restaurant.

The queue on Friday lunchtime was to get a free burrito - a special one-off promotion offer.

Recycled shipping containers are a quick and cheap construction material and I would imagine are quite 'environmentally friendly'. They provide a standard size and format for each unit which actually makes the whole thing quite unique.

Today there were local musicians / bands playing at Boxpark as part of the 'Beats and Eats' Croydon community charity.

I really dont understand why people knock it when it is just the kind of thing that Croydon needs rather than more betting shops and Morley's chicken shops, or corporate chain multi-national conglomerate coffee outlets. I suspose people are just a bit conservative and don't embrace change very well...?
Old 06-11-2016, 10:16 PM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:

Totally agree with you on meat liquor - salty crap
Old 06-11-2016, 11:40 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:

Grubbs in Brighton for me. Best burger I've ever had in my life
Old 06-11-2016, 11:47 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantspell View Post
Totally agree with you on meat liquor - salty crap
I thought Meat Liquor was meant to have 7 hour smoked meats or something? All I could see on the menu in the window was basically a load of burgers?
Old 06-11-2016, 11:59 PM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Coqfighter chicken burger is sublime.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:52 AM
Global Thermonuclear War

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweedman View Post
I had amazing vodka and sesame battered wings there, with a teriyaki (I think) and a chilli sauce. They were smothered in loads and loads of sliced fresh red and green chilli, but I did think they were a little pricey for wings so not an every day treat.
Old 07-11-2016, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweedman View Post
think im gonna try that this week
Old 08-11-2016, 11:51 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Went tonight and to be honest I was a bit disappointed. There were at least five or six outlets that were shut which makes the whole community spirit vibe a bit of a nonsense.

We started at the Cronx bar and had three quality pints of bitter although maybe a tad warm ironically, baring in mind the temperature in the main hall.

Fancied coq fighter, having read some reviews, but when we got there, there was a paper bag sellotaped to the front door explaining that they were shut for a private party.

We plumped for the Brazilian place after the Vietnamese place seemed to have a stock delivery all over the floor and the doors locked.

For £9 I had the Pele burger which was pleasant enough but it was quite difficult to determine what was in it other than a good few pieces of steak.

On the whole the experience was underwhelming which is a shame as I've been in the hospitality industry since leaving school.

The units will need to adjust their prices downwards in my opinion, particularly for the lunch time market.

I hope it's a great success but I wouldn't be so sure.

Cricket wanker.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:20 AM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Went tonight and to be honest I was a bit disappointed. There were at least five or six outlets that were shut which makes the whole community spirit vibe a bit of a nonsense.

We started at the Cronx bar and had three quality pints of bitter although maybe a tad warm ironically, baring in mind the temperature in the main hall.

Fancied coq fighter, having read some reviews, but when we got there, there was a paper bag sellotaped to the front door explaining that they were shut for a private party.

We plumped for the Brazilian place after the Vietnamese place seemed to have a stock delivery all over the floor and the doors locked.

For £9 I had the Pele burger which was pleasant enough but it was quite difficult to determine what was in it other than a good few pieces of steak.

On the whole the experience was underwhelming which is a shame as I've been in the hospitality industry since leaving school.

The units will need to adjust their prices downwards in my opinion, particularly for the lunch time market.

I hope it's a great success but I wouldn't be so sure.
We're having issues regarding our chiller and, therefore, the cellar room. It's why our keg lines aren't yet up and running. Hoping to have it resolved soon though.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:38 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
We're having issues regarding our chiller and, therefore, the cellar room. It's why our keg lines aren't yet up and running. Hoping to have it resolved soon though.
Mate I think when you sort out the teething troubles you've got the best place there.

We even went back and had a Talisker night cap.......before waiting half a bastard hour for the bus home.

Cricket wanker.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:41 AM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Mate I think when you sort out the teething troubles you've got the best place there.

We even went back and had a Talisker night cap.......before waiting half a bastard hour for the bus home.
Fingers crossed. We just wanted to open a good bar serving good beers. Once the chiller is sorted there will be 10 keg lines in operation as well as the cask lines.