Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 09-11-2016, 12:47 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
Fingers crossed. We just wanted to open a good bar serving good beers. Once the chiller is sorted there will be 10 keg lines in operation as well as the cask lines.
What's the score with regard to places being shut tonight Stinky?

That worries me a bit, because whilst I accept that the vibe is independent etc. If places can open and shut when they like this will undermine the whole "destination" aspect of the place.

Cricket wanker.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:57 AM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Remember the excitement when Drummond Place opened?

Will try this BoxPark next time in town but until the decisions of the town planners for central Croydon made in the 50's and 60's are disappeared it is going to be an impossible nut to crack: to make the area desirable again long-term.

£9 for a burger? Did I read that right? Blimey.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:12 AM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Food we had was all good.

Cronx looks amazing and will be better when fully up and running I think another semi decent bar to challenge would be nice for variation because it's definitely more eats than drinks a the moment.

A Tuesday is probably the wrong day to go but I thought it was decent, and it's only 2 weeks old so some places are still getting up to speed.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:28 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Same in some central Croydon pubs to be honest. (And more: Dog & Bull do one at about £11.)
Old 09-11-2016, 03:47 AM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
Same in some central Croydon pubs to be honest. (And more: Dog & Bull do one at about £11.)
Think it's £11-12 in the Spread Eagle too.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:32 AM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Will try this BoxPark next time in town but until the decisions of the town planners for central Croydon made in the 50's and 60's are disappeared it is going to be an impossible nut to crack: to make the area desirable again long-term.

the painful reality of a £9 burger there is true, bereft of fries also which is a scandal, for nine sheets fries should be included and a beaker of sqaush
Old 09-11-2016, 10:33 AM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

whatever did happen to Drummond Place?
Old 09-11-2016, 10:36 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
the painful reality of a £9 burger there is true, bereft of fries also which is a scandal, for nine sheets fries should be included and a beaker of sqaush
Lad.
Old 09-11-2016, 10:58 AM

Am Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAm Phibian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think i will just take my own grub and sit there. Detest being ripped off.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:00 AM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sounds like a glorified overpriced shopping centre food court.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:26 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
How are you being ripped off? When you consider rates for the containers, running costs, wages and the cost of the ingredients itself as the food is not processed shit I think it is more than reasonable to expect to pay those kind of prices. People want too much for nothing these days.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:28 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
How are you being ripped off? When you consider rates for the containers, running costs, wages and the cost of the ingredients itself as the food is not processed shit I think it is more than reasonable to expect to pay those kind of prices. People want too much for nothing these days.
Is that the answer ?
Old 09-11-2016, 11:33 AM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
Is that the answer ?
Definitely in the long term. I can only see the rates going up if the venture proves successful.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:06 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
What kind of places would you usually 'eat our' at? Would you make a caked lunch to sit in Boxpark or are you talking about a McDonalds or something?

In other news... avoid being ripped off by buying cheap cans from Sainsbury's and taking them to your local pub to drink. Save over £3 on each pint!!!!
Old 09-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Call me Ishmael

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Just don't go at all? Ripped off is where you have no choice over needing the product - water, energy, football etc.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:46 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
Quote:
So hang on. You're going to go somewhere which has been built specifically for food & drink outlets, but you don't actually want to have to pay for any of the produce?

What exactly are you hoping to get from the experience of sitting on a bench, eating a Tesco Value Scotch Egg, sipping your carton of Um Bongo, whilst watching people eat a £9 burger?

Sounds like the actions of a pervert in all honesty.

Last edited by gilesy14; 09-11-2016 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post
So hang on. You're going to go somewhere which has been built specifically for food & drink outlets, but you don't actually want to have to pay for any of the produce?

What exactly are you hoping to get from the experience of sitting on a bench, eating a Tesco Value Scotch Egg, sipping your carton of Um Bongo, whilst watching people eating a £9 burger?

BoxPARK people take picnics to parks, no ?

Now if you hang around parks these days you are branded a peado. So this is a park for picnics, value scotch eggs and um bongo for adults, no ?

They should have thought the name through if they have a problem with it.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:12 PM

m_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem_reid : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefox View Post
BoxPARK people take picnics to parks, no ?

Now if you hang around parks these days you are branded a peado. So this is a park for picnics, value scotch eggs and um bongo for adults, no ?

They should have thought the name through if they have a problem with it.
So I guess you regularly sit and eat picnic in a carPARK to?
Old 09-11-2016, 01:30 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
What kind of places would you usually 'eat our' at? Would you make a caked lunch to sit in Boxpark or are you talking about a McDonalds or something?

In other news... avoid being ripped off by buying cheap cans from Sainsbury's and taking them to your local pub to drink. Save over £3 on each pint!!!!
When people are used to Weatherspoons or Lloyds Bar if being posh, a £9 burger is obscene to them.
Old 09-11-2016, 01:31 PM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilesy14 View Post

What exactly are you hoping to get from the experience of sitting on a bench, eating a Tesco Value Scotch Egg, sipping your carton of Um Bongo, whilst watching people eating a £9 burger?

What is it with you and nonces and perverts? Were you an altar boy?