Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 30-10-2016, 09:48 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
To be fair, there's a lot of alternatives already to chicken in a box. The question might be whether those alternatives will suffer from custom focusing on BoxPark or whether the custom spreads out.
shame there isnt more soup in a basket places
Old 30-10-2016, 09:53 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Grime is very much an urban style genre based around hard times in council estates/on the streets etc. I dont know many truffle boutiques and cupcake cafes in the rundown areas of south london.

I associate boxpark with beardy hipsters. I dont really associate beardy hipsters with grime music.!
Are there any truffle boutiques or cupcake cafes at Boxpark then?

Cricket wanker.
Old 30-10-2016, 09:53 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPLDN View Post
I think I am one of the only people who couldn't care less about it lol one in Shoreditch is pony and the one in Croydon is just filled with overpriced food and shit hipster craft beers

I'll check it out next month when everyone is bored of it and barely anyone goes there ha
One of those 'shit hipster craft beers' is Cronx, I believe that the owners are Palace fans. Wind your neck in sonny
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 30-10-2016, 09:55 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Is this Boxpark permanent or just until they start some "luxury" flats or office complex? I think they're building a Boxpark thing at the Elephant too. In five years they'll be two a penny.
We had a briefing at work from their chief exec, he said it had a 5 year shelf life.

I work in Dingwall Road.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Old 30-10-2016, 09:57 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
looks like ticket uptake wasn't great for todays event, resorted to giving away 250 pairs (so 500) tickets on twitter early and barely managed to flog half.
Old 30-10-2016, 09:59 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
yesterdays paid in event was rammed and went down really well. was a who's who of Grime and was really well received. for balance.
Old 30-10-2016, 09:59 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
What actually is 'craft beer'?
Old 30-10-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORZA SELHURST View Post
beer brewed in small brewery's, like independent, home brew e.t.c. e.t.c, now is just a marketing term/has lost real meaning.
Old 30-10-2016, 10:06 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Quote:
The cynical side of me says that it is a way of charging extra for their product, like organic vegetables or artisan bread.

However, as I like real ale, I'd say that it was going back to traditional methods to get away from the slop that the mainline breweries chuck at us.

Quote:
Old 30-10-2016, 10:18 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
The cynical side of me says that it is a way of charging extra for their product, like organic vegetables or artisan bread.

However, as I like real ale, I'd say that it was going back to traditional methods to get away from the slop that the mainline breweries chuck at us.
TBF there are many beers that largeish breweries produce that are good.
Old 30-10-2016, 11:45 PM
Conceding 9

Perry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
**** knows. We brew beer, some people like it, call it what you want.
Old 31-10-2016, 08:19 AM
Banned by Moderators

ExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don't understand all the negativity re: boxpark, anything new or even remotely exciting for the town centre is surely a good thing. Looking forward to visiting when I'm next back down
Old 31-10-2016, 08:19 AM
Banned by Moderators

ExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietExCroydon_CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is it just food and drink? Or are there shops and other types of entertainment in there?
Old 31-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Conceding 9

Perry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePerry Suckling : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
All food and drink, entertainment will be in the form of events that Boxpark put on, I guess some will be ticket but the majority will be free entry.

It's nice to see this area actually being used, makes a change from it being the wasteland it became post-Warehouse Theatre days!

Last edited by Perry Suckling; 31-10-2016 at 10:36 AM.
Old 31-10-2016, 10:48 AM

laboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I went yesterday, and was there for about 6 hours. Feeling a little worse for wear today. Enjoyed the 'eclectic' music selection (UK hip hop artists, kinda jazz fusion band and a 2 piece female punk band).

Was a good day, a cross section of people in the crowd. Not all of the units are ready yet, but I ate at Meat Liquor, had a very overpriced donut at Dum Dums, and a Lamb wrap at Indi-Go, as well as some free samples from Thai Express and Breakfast Club.

Really nice to have somewhere different in Croydon and Im sure I'll be visiting a lot! I just hope they do put on lots of music events as we need to bring live music back to Croydon.

One thing that semi annoyed me though is that I used to put on Dubstep & Garage events in Croydon and the council and police made it VERY hard to book certain artists and put on certain styles of music, but BP managing to put on a massive grime rave seems to have been relatively simple.
Old 31-10-2016, 11:08 AM

TonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonyPulis4PM : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie_Tracey View Post
a vegan restaurant? good grief!
How very progressive you are
Old 31-10-2016, 11:15 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I might make the effort and travel by east croydon for a palace game. I think anything that is done to improve croydon should be applauded. I assume the westfield is dead in the water now?
Old 31-10-2016, 11:22 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
yesterdays paid in event was rammed and went down really well. was a who's who of Grime and was really well received. for balance.
Fair play. Wouldve liked a band playing power ballads or soul, personally.
Old 31-10-2016, 11:24 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
I might make the effort and travel by east croydon for a palace game. I think anything that is done to improve croydon should be applauded. I assume the westfield is dead in the water now?
No still planned but has been delayed by another year i believe
Old 31-10-2016, 11:25 AM

switchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is hereswitchboard Sam the man is here
So what is the score with this place, you go to a booth and order food and sit and eat it in a massive seating area in the middle of it?