Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 31-10-2016, 11:27 AM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardent Eagle Forever View Post
We had a briefing at work from their chief exec, he said it had a 5 year shelf life.

I work in Dingwall Road.
Its a temporarily location i believe, due to future development..but i thought the aim was to move it elsewhere then
Old 31-10-2016, 11:28 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Westfield is due to start next year, I think, and will take a few years to complete. Box park is beside the station and not related.

In recent years we've had so many amenities and shops close in Croydon, despite a growing population. It certainly makes a change, and hopefully a positive one, to have something new open.
Old 31-10-2016, 11:37 AM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchboard View Post
So what is the score with this place, you go to a booth and order food and sit and eat it in a massive seating area in the middle of it?
Some of the places are like that, others have seating inside.
Old 31-10-2016, 12:42 PM

CaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCaterhamEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Grime is very much an urban style genre based around hard times in council estates/on the streets etc. I dont know many truffle boutiques and cupcake cafes in the rundown areas of south london.

I associate boxpark with beardy hipsters. I dont really associate beardy hipsters with grime music.!
I think you've completely missed the point of box park. It's not truffle boutiques and cupcake cafes.

The list of food and drink is below, most is very casual and street food aimed:

Arancina
Bao Bao
Bukowski Grill
Bang Bang Hawker Kitchen + Bar
Bread Tree
The Breakfast Club
Carioca
Chillbox
Chilango
Cook Daily
Coqfighter Chicken and Beer
Cronx
Coffee & Social Affairs
Donde Tapas
Dum Dums Donutterie
Feed Me Primal
Fish Wings & Tings
Fixed
Get Juiced
Greek on the Street
Indigo
Knot
Kothu Kothu
Lazeez Tapas
Deux Amies
Mamalan
Meatliquor
Mud Cafes
Nanny Outars
Poptata
The Potato Project
Thai Express
Wine&Deli
Yumn
Old 31-10-2016, 12:50 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
I think Box Park is a fantastic opportunity for local businesses to get exposure by having some big names anchor the site, I'm very skeptical of the overall redevelopment and some of the ways things are being done, but we'll wait and see.
Old 31-10-2016, 12:57 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
There were some right bellends queuing up to get in on Saturday.
Old 31-10-2016, 01:05 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaterhamEagle View Post
I think you've completely missed the point of box park. It's not truffle boutiques and cupcake cafes.

The list of food and drink is below, most is very casual and street food aimed:

Arancina
Bao Bao
Bukowski Grill
Bang Bang Hawker Kitchen + Bar
Bread Tree
The Breakfast Club
Carioca
Chillbox
Chilango
Cook Daily
Coqfighter Chicken and Beer
Cronx
Coffee & Social Affairs
Donde Tapas
Dum Dums Donutterie
Feed Me Primal
Fish Wings & Tings
Fixed
Get Juiced
Greek on the Street
Indigo
Knot
Kothu Kothu
Lazeez Tapas
Deux Amies
Mamalan
Meatliquor
Mud Cafes
Nanny Outars
Poptata
The Potato Project
Thai Express
Wine&Deli
Yumn
I was exaggerating a bit.... still.many of those outlets would not be found on the streets of Camberwell.
Old 31-10-2016, 01:09 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Most of those outlets are independently owned and could not afford the rents on the high street. Without even trying any of that food, you can guarantee that they will offer better stuff than Burger King and Subway.
Old 31-10-2016, 04:08 PM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It's decent tbh
Old 31-10-2016, 04:13 PM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
thinking of popping over within the next couple of days, I think a beer at The Cronx and perhaps eat something from either Bukowski or Thai Express
Old 31-10-2016, 05:19 PM

Speron1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Bao rolls at Coqfighter are great
Old 31-10-2016, 05:31 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speron1 View Post
The Bao rolls at Coqfighter are great
The Bao rolls at Bao Bao are also unreal!
Old 31-10-2016, 05:38 PM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisuk View Post
its great news for Croydon, at last somewhere to eat that isn't a chicken in a box place
Oh, there'll be chicken in a box. Just the box will be more funky, and the price will be more expensive.

I'm going to jump on the tram at some point this week and head over for lunch. The question is, will I get change from a tenner for a tasty snack and pint.....??
Old 31-10-2016, 06:12 PM

Speron1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
The Bao rolls at Bao Bao are also unreal!
Noted for next visit
Old 31-10-2016, 06:25 PM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
Certainly going to pop in and visit Arancina who are an established outlet,

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Love Sicilian food, especially Arancine and Cannolo Siciliano

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 31-10-2016, 07:54 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is hereArdent Eagle Forever Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidofwonder View Post
I think Box Park is a fantastic opportunity for local businesses to get exposure by having some big names anchor the site, I'm very skeptical of the overall redevelopment and some of the ways things are being done, but we'll wait and see.
But a lot of these business's aren't local. A lot are backed by bigger names. So will be able to last a year or so with external support before they stand on their own two feet. The Chief Exec even said that there will be a turnover of businesses coming and going.
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 31-10-2016, 10:25 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
I really don't see why people would complain about investment in Croydon, the place kinda needs it
Old 31-10-2016, 10:34 PM
Anonymous
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Fair play. Wouldve liked a band playing power ballads or soul, personally.
old git
Old 31-10-2016, 10:39 PM
Anonymous
Anonymous Coward

There's a good mix of everything for every taste at a range of prices TBF. You can get a decent scran there from some of the units at reasonable pricing. The Breakfast Club charge £12 for their full English; some of the smaller, non-chain's were starting from £3-£4

Also, good to see the lads from The Cronx Brewery today - nice little bar
Old 31-10-2016, 11:10 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Wonder whether away supporters will end up in there on matchdays. Hopefully it doesn't attract any arseholes if it does. I'm personally looking forward to spending time there pre or post match as it is so handy location wise.