Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 09-07-2018, 10:42 PM
Banned by Moderators

Salad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSalad_Burnet came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Smith View Post
Spot on.

From my vantage point on Saturday there were was one situation which threatened to get a bit out of hand - but it was quickly calmed by some young girl. There were a couple of incidents in the first game, but one of the guys involved took himself outside for some air, and the other was broken up by a 14 year old (and I know he's 14 because he's my son). There was a bit more grief at Panama but that's because - as one of the HF stood next to me said - security misjudged the situation.

Hardly Millwall away is it?

In short, those who watch 30 second videos on Twitter shouldn't confuse boisterousness, enthusiasm, fun and yep, optimism, for aggression.
Your HF friend sounds very precocious.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:55 PM

Location: Still hunting for a Cat Deeley lookalike in the Capital City of Caterham
le piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minele piddler : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
takes me back to 2002 when we beat the Argies on the Friday afternoon and we all ended up back at Trafalgar square in the fountains and then Gazza rocked up.
Euro 2000 after we beat Germany,I ended up in the fountain in Trafalgar Square and then in Sky News the following day when they showed the celebrations!!
Old 10-07-2018, 01:30 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by le piddler View Post
Euro 2000 after we beat Germany,I ended up in the fountain in Trafalgar Square
So that’s where your user name came from.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:22 AM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
takes me back to 2002 when we beat the Argies on the Friday afternoon
Can't remember which bar in London I was in but they just left the final score page from Ceefax on screen all day and night and people just kept staring up at it, basking in total satisfaction. Simple pleasures.
Old 27-11-2018, 11:57 AM

Location: Penge and now it's got slightly trendy I tell people I live in Penge.
Justy C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Couldn't find a thread on the event tonight so posting here.

My 8 year old daughter is desperate to meet the players and really wants to go. I know they are saying first come, first served this evening but seeing as she is at school until 3.20pm, if we got there at say 4.30pm, do we think that would be OK to get there in time for the queue to meet the players?
Old 27-11-2018, 12:58 PM
Old skool BBSer

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justy C View Post
Couldn't find a thread on the event tonight so posting here.

My 8 year old daughter is desperate to meet the players and really wants to go. I know they are saying first come, first served this evening but seeing as she is at school until 3.20pm, if we got there at say 4.30pm, do we think that would be OK to get there in time for the queue to meet the players?
There was a running commentary thread on here for last years one which did't paint a pretty picture for late arrivals.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 27-11-2018, 01:18 PM

Harry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is hereHarry Holmesdale Sam the man is here
It's carnage, not worth the effort imo

Better off getting to Selhurst early and meeting them as they arrive
Old 27-11-2018, 01:40 PM

Location: Penge and now it's got slightly trendy I tell people I live in Penge.
Justy C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJusty C : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks Maidstoned and Harry, going to give it a swerve tonight now.

Cheers.
Old 27-11-2018, 04:47 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Holmesdale View Post
It's carnage, not worth the effort imo

Better off getting to Selhurst early and meeting them as they arrive
100% agree. It was a complete and utter car crash last time. Massive long queues without food or toilets for young kids for HOURS only for most of the players to go home before people got to the front and then they were hurded along by brainless goons shouting 'no photos no photos' and 'move now' etc. etc.

AVOID!

Turn up at a home game early and approach the players as they arrive in the car park before they go into the ground.
Old 27-11-2018, 05:18 PM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
From the Player of the Year thread when they held it there last year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
They first advertised the event as 14:00 - to 19:30.

Then on the screen in Boxpark it had changed to 16:00 - 20:00.

The events on the stage started at 18:30 and finished about 45 minutes later at 19:15, then they started doing the autographs about 19:30.

So people were arriving and queuing from about 13:00 onwards meaning that many were stuck stood in a penned off queue for at least 6 hours, with access to food, drink and toilets very limited.

Then many of the players left, and the bouncers were telling people to 'put their phones away'.

A mate of mine I bumped into this evening queued for 5 hours with his little boy and eventually got 4 signatures at 21:00. His lad did not get home until gone 10pm, and his mother was going mad.

Not a good show.
Old 28-11-2018, 06:17 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Anybody go?

(Or should I say any BBS'er go?)
Old 28-11-2018, 06:25 PM
Sir Roy

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Anybody go?

(Or should I say any BBS'er go?)
Very poorly attended compared to the summer one which I felt was well organised.

Weather didn’t help and the early published start time puts off any children etc form attending even if the players didn’t arrive until half 5 for the signing. Suspect most people would think that if the event started at half. 2 it would be wrapped up by 5 and no point of attending.

Club shop pop up was there but again, pointless having the kits and other tat at full price when it was discounted the day before on the website.

Parish gave his usual spill which 99% of the fanbase now see through. He Says a lot without actually saying anything.

Club was giving out free posters, ear phones and mini flags to the attendees.

It’s a shame if the club was to give up on these events as a result of the poor attendance. With a little bit more thought and planning it could be a big success.
Old 28-11-2018, 06:32 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Could it not have been a victim of it's own success last year?

I'm sure a lot of people would have been put off by stories of long lines and over crowding coming out of last years event.
Old 28-11-2018, 11:01 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
It could be that the crowd was bigger in the summer because the awards happened at the same time. I went in the summer as I wanted to see POTY but going just to get a poster signed didn't interest me so I didn't bother attending. If they have the awards again at Boxpark next May I would go providing I have nothing more important on at the same time.
Old 28-11-2018, 11:14 PM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Could it not have been a victim of it's own success last year?

I'm sure a lot of people would have been put off by stories of long lines and over crowding coming out of last years event.
Yes. We discussed attending, but because we wouldn’t make it until nearing 5 o/c we assumed it’d be rammed. And weren’t certain when the players would be there till.
Old 29-11-2018, 06:23 PM
The Spiky One

So Steve Parish said he couldn't make the United game at the weekend as he was laid up.

I'm not sure I want too hear about his new found sex life!
Old 01-12-2018, 08:17 PM
South Croydon's Finest

RCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is hereRCUK Sam the man is here
For kids - try the xmas party - £10 a ticket and looks far better organised.

BTW re boxpark - went there today and noticed Yo Sushi has gone - so 2 more empty units there.

www.silverbirchhealthcare.co.uk
Providing elderly care in Dartford, Croydon, Bromley and the surrounding areas.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:03 PM

laboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
BTW re boxpark - went there today and noticed Yo Sushi has gone - so 2 more empty units there.
That didnt last long. Believe the one in House of Fraser has gone too.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:16 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Chains like Yo! Sushi shouldn't be in Boxpark anyway.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:39 PM
GT

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
So this image appeared on social media this morning. Box Park have since replaced the "poster" but how on earth could they have ballsed up knowing our rivalry with the weed

Attached Images
File Type: png boxpark.png (471.6 KB, 811 views)