Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 01-11-2016, 07:51 PM

Speron1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
8.0 - 12.0 is very manageable for the Croydon office population to have lunch once every week or two. Pretty sure they're not obliged to eat there everyday, and nor is the success of Boxpark depending on that
Old 01-11-2016, 08:02 PM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
all over this place when I get the time/ can be arsed

might need to visit Barclays for a loan before though seeing some of the places there...
Old 01-11-2016, 08:16 PM

Speron1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Free burritos at Chillango this Friday
Old 01-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Does anyone think this place will actually last the full five years?

No local , and I very much include myself in this, is going to be regularly paying £12 for a craft ale and a "buttermilk" fried chicken.

Should have turned it into the worlds largest morleys if they wanted guaranteed success. There is not many things that connect people in the croydon area regardless of race or background, cheap fried chicken is one of them.
As far as I'm aware there's nowhere selling buttermilk fried chicken and craft beer, but I may be wrong. We've just been concentrating on making sure our bar is up and running with decently priced beer.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:30 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speron1 View Post
Free burritos at Chillango this Friday
Sold out by Thursday.

Cricket wanker.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:21 AM

spy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipungu View Post
That Greek on the Road was very popular today. Queueing in the road.
Probably because they are selling kebabs for £1 this week!
Old 02-11-2016, 01:03 AM
King of Curry

Lombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLombardarian came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I for one expect box park to last the full 5 years - why are people so keen to diss investment in Croydon? Seems like it can do no right by some peeps! Anyway I enjoyed and the footfallis pretty much guaranteed from location so should do ok.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:32 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardarian View Post
I for one expect box park to last the full 5 years - why are people so keen to diss investment in Croydon? Seems like it can do no right by some peeps! Anyway I enjoyed and the footfallis pretty much guaranteed from location so should do ok.
If Croydon improves it's hard for people to remain snobbish and dismissive about it
Old 02-11-2016, 02:31 AM
Lt. Columbo's no. 1 fan

dweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdweedman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Proper beer (Cronx definitely qualifies btw) is ******* horrific in a kin plastic beaker.

As is all beer to be fair.

I hate being treated like a child.

Beer = glass.
It's something to do with the alcohol licence issued by the council as far as I know. Personally I think it's pretty ridiculous that glass isn't allowed even on weekday afternoons. As far as their music festivals go, who really cares, almost everyone's ordering spirit mixers anyway.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:58 AM

Kinzman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKinzman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKinzman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKinzman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKinzman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKinzman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKinzman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKinzman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKinzman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKinzman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKinzman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I know this much it was f***ing freezing in that cavernous bit when I popped in for a nose yesterday!!
Old 02-11-2016, 08:37 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Went yesterday. Meat Liquor is obviously whats going to attract most people (it was rammed)
Alcoholic Bovril?!?
Old 02-11-2016, 09:24 AM
Regretting my username

stinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is herestinky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dweedman View Post
It's something to do with the alcohol licence issued by the council as far as I know. Personally I think it's pretty ridiculous that glass isn't allowed even on weekday afternoons. As far as their music festivals go, who really cares, almost everyone's ordering spirit mixers anyway.
It's only if people are planning on taking a beer out from the unit into the main area. With our unit we face out onto Dingwall Road so people would have to go out into the street to get into the main bit, so it's understandable they don't want people wandering around with glass. We'll be serving glass to anyone who's sitting/standing in our bar.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:19 PM

Superfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I really like the Shoreditch one, it's 10 mins from my work and I've popped down a couple of times. Yeah, it's an extra couple of quid but you always get quality. A juicy beef brisket and a Meantime-esq pint (big meantime fan) does wonders for the soul

Croydon is actually a bit of pain for me to get to (I'm in Catford) but one of the Cronx guys is a buddy so I'll put an evening aside to give it a whirl.

I hope it's a roaring success
Old 02-11-2016, 12:24 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What is a boxpark? I was opposite E.Croydon station last night and saw the big back box thingy but to my uneducated eye it looked and sounded like a big disco. Or am I missing something?
Old 02-11-2016, 12:46 PM

laboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
What is a boxpark? I was opposite E.Croydon station last night and saw the big back box thingy but to my uneducated eye it looked and sounded like a big disco. Or am I missing something?
The Croydon one is a range of food outlets serving mainly different types of street food. You are able to eat in the 'shipping container' for the restaurant (for most of them) or you can take-away and sit in the big communal seating area. There's also a Box Bar, as well as the Cronx guys, and some coffee outlets. There is also a stage for DJs and live music.

In effect it is a glorified food court with loud music, but one that I will enjoying on many occasions.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:43 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Has there been a stabbing yet?

(sorry, slightly distasteful after recent events....)
Old 02-11-2016, 01:46 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by macstar View Post
Has there been a stabbing yet?

(sorry, slightly distasteful after recent events....)
Why would there be?

Also, is that supposed to be a joke?

Free Palestine
Old 02-11-2016, 01:47 PM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by laboxers View Post

In effect it is a glorified food court with loud music, but one that I will enjoying on many occasions.

Now I get it. Makes sense. Personally I will give it a swerve because of the loud music bit (not good for my digestion) but if you bright young things can happily digest your grub to a back-ground of epileptic drum machines then more power to your elbows!
Old 02-11-2016, 01:48 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stinky View Post
We've just been concentrating on making sure our bar is up and running with decently priced beer.
so who else's beer are you selling
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 02-11-2016, 01:50 PM
Woah Woah Woah

gilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is heregilesy14 Sam the man is here
I think this will thrive in Croydon - it's the sort of thing the place has been crying out for. The town centre has needed investment for years - what's wrong with an area where you can eat decent food & whilst sipping on a good pint? I don't see what there is to dislike.

Last edited by gilesy14; 02-11-2016 at 01:55 PM.