Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 02-11-2016, 01:53 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Can't wait to visit.

Hope they can attract some more live music events, because that could be huge if they nail that.

Apart from the Cronx (which will become a regular no doubt), what are the other bars like?
I'm more thinking about me and the missus popping out for an evening and she wants a cocktail or something...
Old 02-11-2016, 02:49 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If there's a Cronx bar then I'll head down
Old 02-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
Now I get it. Makes sense. Personally I will give it a swerve because of the loud music bit (not good for my digestion) but if you bright young things can happily digest your grub to a back-ground of epileptic drum machines then more power to your elbows!
Good idea grandad.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:06 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Why would there be?

Also, is that supposed to be a joke?
on topic because of the violence in croydon.....

...and i made an apology as part of my post.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:18 PM

laboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Can't wait to visit.

Hope they can attract some more live music events, because that could be huge if they nail that.

Apart from the Cronx (which will become a regular no doubt), what are the other bars like?
I'm more thinking about me and the missus popping out for an evening and she wants a cocktail or something...
Theres only one real 'bar' which wasn't great to be honest. Only Coors Light, Staropramen and Blue Moon on tap, and all £5 a pint. Some/Most of the restaurants do their own thing though. I think Yumn and Breakfast Club should be able to assist your cocktail requirements
Old 02-11-2016, 06:10 PM

Speron1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by laboxers View Post
Theres only one real 'bar' which wasn't great to be honest. Only Coors Light, Staropramen and Blue Moon on tap, and all £5 a pint. Some/Most of the restaurants do their own thing though. I think Yumn and Breakfast Club should be able to assist your cocktail requirements
Coqfighter has Beavertown Gamma Ray
Old 02-11-2016, 07:05 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Meat Liquor has cocktails. And some half decent beer as well.

Free Palestine
Old 02-11-2016, 07:29 PM

may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!may blunderer has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
I was in Croydon for a meeting today so I went there for lunch. Loved it. I think it will be a huge success. I wonder if they will put patio heaters in there in the depths of winter though as it was a bit nippy.
Old 03-11-2016, 09:53 AM
Banned by Moderators

Kylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKylie_Tracey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
popped over last night and thought it was very impressive I'm sure it will be a success, I swerved the main bar which seemed to be mainly suits quaffing £5/pint drinks in plastic beakers FFS, I strolled over to The Cronx Bar and had a very respectable pint of Palace Ale for £3.80 served in a glass! its a small bar though they need a place double the size as I suspect they will do well there and good luck to them. As others have said the prices in the food outlets definitely need to be reviewed I had a look at Thai Express and most dishes were around £7, you cant have Shoreditch pricing in Croydon, I decided not to eat there and popped over to BRGR & BEER and had a very flavoursome burger for £9 including fries!
Old 03-11-2016, 10:10 AM

Fort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Probably already been mention on this thread, but for those championing BRGR & BEER (and rightly so) check out their new unit in Boxpark called To view the link you have to Register or Login.

It's a nice story actually, 3 Croydon boys chucked in their jobs to open their own burger place and have gone from strength to strength.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:14 AM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Looking forward to trying it I like a variety of foods and if it's good, well prepared and tasty then I'm okay paying over the average for it, food is supposed to be a pleasure. Plus Croydon has A LOT of chicken shops I have four within 10 minutes of our place. something different is needed.

Hope it's a roaring success if it's not then the investment the town is getting will dry up as everyone else goes back to writing us off as a shit town of riots, concrete and fried chicken.

Last edited by red&blue_moomin; 03-11-2016 at 10:18 AM.
Old 03-11-2016, 10:31 AM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
I'm sure some of the units will adjust their menus and prices based on what actually sells and both face to face and online feedback. Remember that it is not yet a week old and there is very much a 'work in progress' atmosphere as many of the units were handed over to the owners at the last minute by Boxpark.

I think shopping around will find some value for money, and I would imagine that we will start to see Monday to Thursday deals, loyalty cards (e.g. 1 free after 5), discount cards (e.g. 20% off), lunchtime offers, one-offs, etc. etc.

When you think that a MuckDonalds 'meal' can easily be £6+ and don't even try to get a cheese and ham toastie with a coffee in the Cafe Nero or Costa Coffee type places for less than £7... I don't think that they are too far off with their price point.

I'll still be using the budget option of Wetherspoons or grabbing a Sainsbury's lunch deal on some days, but Boxpark is definitely a welcome option!

PS: The best value so far appears to be in the 3 or more house Cronx ales that are sold 11am to 11pm every day at £3.50 a pint
Old 03-11-2016, 10:34 AM
Ambrose Isn't an eagle.

deftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeftones_eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'll be checking this out when i'm over for the city game in a couple of weeks. I say good luck to the place. I know the prices may seem a little on the steep side, but something like this can only be good for the area.

2.5.10 - The Day we defied the odds

Twitter - stu_1984
Old 03-11-2016, 10:58 PM
This was a triumph.....

red&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is herered&blue_moomin Sam the man is here
Just went to meet missus at station and get some food. We expected it to be winding down due to rain and wind and being 8:30. Place was rammed. Full of people eating and drinking definitely heard Moterhead pumping through the soundsystem at one point. Crowd was mostly 25 to 45 with a smattering of a few older folk.

Had a chicken burger from coqfighter was bloody delicious (after everything I said about Croydon and chicken shops, I still love fried chicken). Not cheap as expected, you get a huge portion though. Impressed all in all. The vibe felt like the place was in a big cool central London bar for after work drinks.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:19 PM
A gift

CarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is hereCarlosTheFinger Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
Does anyone think this place will actually last the full five years?

No local , and I very much include myself in this, is going to be regularly paying £12 for a craft ale and a "buttermilk" fried chicken.

Should have turned it into the worlds largest morleys if they wanted guaranteed success. There is not many things that connect people in the croydon area regardless of race or background, cheap fried chicken is one of them.
Damned straight. I've just moved from Thornton Heath to about two minutes from Boxpark. I very much miss the two Morley's within walking distance of my house. I used to alternate between them, in a thinly-veiled bid to disguise my addiction.

I'll definitely try out Boxpark but it will be a once every now and then thing when I'm forced to dine with people with money to burn and who aren't evolved enough to appreciate the sweet allure of the fried chicken wing.

Cheers Mateybones,

Carlos
Old 03-11-2016, 11:52 PM

Repo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betrayRepo Man is like ice, their footing does betray
Visited again on Tuesday on my way to visit my workmates in Purley on Tuesday afternoon - I had planned on getting something to eat but to tell the truth, there was nothing there that seemed that appetising.

Went into the Cronx for a beer (an Oreo Cookie Stout) before setting off, quite a nice little bar, my only gripe was the people lining up outside waiting for a bus, gawping in as if we were acting flash by having the cheek to enjoy a drink while they were stood there, and a couple of beggars coming in asking for change. I'd prefer going in there to the Porter & Sorter for a beer before getting a train to Selhurst on matchdays, but it could do with added security.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:44 AM
Morally devoid scum

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosTheFinger View Post
Damned straight. I've just moved from Thornton Heath to about two minutes from Boxpark. I very much miss the two Morley's within walking distance of my house. I used to alternate between them, in a thinly-veiled bid to disguise my addiction.

I'll definitely try out Boxpark but it will be a once every now and then thing when I'm forced to dine with people with money to burn and who aren't evolved enough to appreciate the sweet allure of the fried chicken wing.

Cheers Mateybones,

Carlos
go to the place near Argos chief. Best wings in Croydon.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:59 AM
Anonymous
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
I'm sure some of the units will adjust their menus and prices based on what actually sells and both face to face and online feedback. Remember that it is not yet a week old and there is very much a 'work in progress' atmosphere as many of the units were handed over to the owners at the last minute by Boxpark.

I think shopping around will find some value for money, and I would imagine that we will start to see Monday to Thursday deals, loyalty cards (e.g. 1 free after 5), discount cards (e.g. 20% off), lunchtime offers, one-offs, etc. etc.

When you think that a MuckDonalds 'meal' can easily be £6+ and don't even try to get a cheese and ham toastie with a coffee in the Cafe Nero or Costa Coffee type places for less than £7... I don't think that they are too far off with their price point.

I'll still be using the budget option of Wetherspoons or grabbing a Sainsbury's lunch deal on some days, but Boxpark is definitely a welcome option!

PS: The best value so far appears to be in the 3 or more house Cronx ales that are sold 11am to 11pm every day at £3.50 a pint
I agree, there's lots of value to be found for the smart punter. A few of those units will regrettably drop out within three months. others will come in their place. I find it extremely intriguing.
Old 04-11-2016, 01:14 AM
Anonymous
Anonymous Coward

Quote:
Originally Posted by danpalace07 View Post
go to the place near Argos chief. Best wings in Croydon.
Best chicken in Croydon is Rio's, every man no dat brah.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:07 AM
Global Thermonuclear War

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repo Man View Post
Visited again on Tuesday on my way to visit my workmates in Purley on Tuesday afternoon - I had planned on getting something to eat but to tell the truth, there was nothing there that seemed that appetising.

Went into the Cronx for a beer (an Oreo Cookie Stout) before setting off, quite a nice little bar, my only gripe was the people lining up outside waiting for a bus, gawping in as if we were acting flash by having the cheek to enjoy a drink while they were stood there, and a couple of beggars coming in asking for change. I'd prefer going in there to the Porter & Sorter for a beer before getting a train to Selhurst on matchdays, but it could do with added security.
Apparently all the East Croydon buses have been re-routed to Dingwall Road i.e. More or less directly outside the Cronx bar, as part of some works or something. Tonight I chatted with two geezers who were waiting for a bus but got enticed in. I couldn't really see outside, but you always have the option of kicking a gawper in the nuts