Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-06-2018, 08:01 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
I’ve been there five times, to quite a few places (parents love it). New York City, Washington D.C, Cali (San Francisco, Yosemite and Monterey), Georgia, South Carolina, Connecticut and Florida. In terms of the variety of places to visit on a holiday, not sure there is anywhere better in the world. But if I had to pick a country to live in, it wouldn’t be in my top ten.
Old 16-06-2018, 08:02 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace_Akie View Post
Love going on holiday there (been nearly a dozen times) and seeing different cities and states but could never see myself living there permanently.
If I'd have been half sensible 30 years ago, I'd be spelling words like 'jewelry' and 'thru'.
There's no heirs and graces about them which is what I love.
Old 16-06-2018, 09:34 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post

Traffic is at a breaking point, getting from A to B across town should not involve traffic jams, construction everywhere and 17 traffic lights,
I was very impressed (and grateful !) that you drove from Valencia to Long Beach that time. And in rush hour traffic.
Old 16-06-2018, 10:06 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
I've only been twice and I know there's a different pespective when on holiday but I'd go there tomorrow if I could.

Apart from my boy and The Palace, this country's got nothing for me anymore.
Have you ever considered if you offer anything back in return?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 16-06-2018, 10:33 PM

dogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdogstar721 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Palace View Post
Greatest country in the world.

Well I think so.

Discuss.
Holland, not the greatest, but a candidate for the best maybe. Art, literature, prostitutes, weed, mushrooms and some cracking beers.
Old 16-06-2018, 10:35 PM
Keep on climbing

Mapletree : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMapletree : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMapletree : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMapletree : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMapletree : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMapletree : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMapletree : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMapletree : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMapletree : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMapletree : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMapletree : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
No. I was calling out New York as not standard US.
Old 17-06-2018, 12:47 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
I was very impressed (and grateful !) that you drove from Valencia to Long Beach that time. And in rush hour traffic.
In my Mother-in-Laws clapped out Ford Taurus no less!

Anything for a BBS meet-up CT!
Old 17-06-2018, 04:00 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the drexciyan View Post
Have you ever considered if you offer anything back in return?
It crossed my mind once and then I realised I'd given it more than my fair share.
Old 17-06-2018, 04:30 PM

Zohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is hereZohar's Penalty Sam the man is here
It’s got its problems & the people can be a bit crass and nauseating, but also has some huge advantages over the UK. As somebody else said, the main thing is that it is so vast and diverse- there is so much to chose from. That & the fact that if you are young, free & single, the woman are beautiful and you have a head start by virtue of being English. I've been 3 times, most recently went on a long holiday from coast to coast visiting 6 cities, and on the whole I love the place. I would love to have lived there- probably in either San Francisco or New York or maybe Boston. But at 34 I have too many ties here now. If I could have my time again, I would’ve gone in my 20s and done a few years- it’s a huge regret in my life that I didn’t- and that I’ve lived my life in such a ludicrously small radius.
Old 17-06-2018, 04:54 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
In my Mother-in-Laws clapped out Ford Taurus no less!

Anything for a BBS meet-up CT!
Old 17-06-2018, 08:00 PM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
BUFFALO, NEW YORK. BEST PLACE ON THE PLANET ....FACT!
Old 17-06-2018, 08:16 PM
What, no boat?

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Lived and worked in Louisiana on and off for a few years. Really loved it and seriously considered moving there for a hot minute.

Now I wouldn't take a shit in the place.
Old 17-06-2018, 08:18 PM
in the 25th Century

Polish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPolish Pete came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Shaw`s Crab House in Chicago. Alaskan King Crab Legs.
Old 17-06-2018, 08:21 PM
in the 25th Century

My cousins who were born and bred Buffallonians (Go Bills) have now all moved down to Texas. Fort Worth, Dallas and Galveston. Went there when I was living in Bermuda for Xmas. Had a deep fried turkey in peanut oil. Very nice it was too
Old 18-06-2018, 02:23 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish Pete View Post
BUFFALO, NEW YORK. BEST PLACE ON THE PLANET ....FACT!
When they have 6 feet of snow, ice and blizzards in January, I'm not sure this is true.

I can think of very few less hospitable looking places in winter.

(Disclaimer: I've never actually been there!)
Old 18-06-2018, 02:34 PM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Lived in UK for 40 years, Melbourne for 3 and am currently doing some work in Orange County California (traveling around a fair bit) been here 9 months. I will be going back to Melbourne at the first opportunity. USA is great for a holiday but no more, the glitz of the place soon wears off when you live here.
Old 18-06-2018, 02:58 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newts G View Post
Lived in UK for 40 years, Melbourne for 3 and am currently doing some work in Orange County California (traveling around a fair bit) been here 9 months. I will be going back to Melbourne at the first opportunity. USA is great for a holiday but no more, the glitz of the place soon wears off when you live here.
Newport Beach no less. Don't come much nicer than that.

Having said that I was going there quite a bit a few years back for work, but it was to an industrial center which could have been anywhere!

Another time my wife and I booked a weekend in "Newport Beach", but the hotel ended up being alongside John Wayne Airport... not exactly the beach!
Old 19-06-2018, 08:22 AM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT_Palace View Post
I have a green card but refuse to file a tax return (I'm ****ed if I'm paying any Fed tax whist Trump is in charge of spending it) so will probably lose it at some stage.
I mean, that's a smart thing to post online when you have someone who works for a US tax company reading
Old 19-06-2018, 08:33 AM
Back On The Circuit.

Vince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVince Hilarious : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newts G View Post
Been living in San Diego for past 5 years. Expensive but the best place I have ever lived.
Old 19-06-2018, 09:14 AM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Where would the best place be to go on holiday in the USA (not Orlando) as a single dad with two teenage daughters? Fly drive or something.