Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 06-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Count me in

I was in the New Stand enclosure, Arthur Waite to those of a less mature age!! Can’t remember much about the game, but I’ll never forget looking at the incredible sea of heads in the Holmesdale swaying backwards and forwards!!
Old 06-03-2018, 04:01 PM

Sydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My main memory of the Orient game was only being able to see the other end. We scored at our end and I ended up about 100 yards away from where I started. Not sure I had both feet on the ground at any stage of the match!
Old 06-03-2018, 04:16 PM

Mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was there, in the Holmesdale, and at Orient the previous week. Great days!
Old 06-03-2018, 04:19 PM
Made in Bromley

monkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonkey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydenham Eagle View Post
My main memory of the Orient game was only being able to see the other end. We scored at our end and I ended up about 100 yards away from where I started. Not sure I had both feet on the ground at any stage of the match!
Those were the days!! The joys of terracing, one minute you’re standing with several people, one surge, you look round and they’ve gone!!
Old 06-03-2018, 04:25 PM

transformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetransformerman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was at both ... Burnley started as usual with a few liveners in The Crown , Shirley ..
continued there afterwards and topped with celebratory ruby at curry house West Wickham
Old 06-03-2018, 04:29 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Both at Orient and the Burnley game.
Saw it from the Arthur Wait. Ground packed soon after 6. Marvellous night......
Old 06-03-2018, 04:34 PM

Sydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Seem to remember Jacko was in goal for Orient that day?
Old 06-03-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Those were the days!! The joys of terracing, one minute you’re standing with several people, one surge, you look round and they’ve gone!!
Know what you mean but amazing there weren't more issues with safety back in those days
Old 06-03-2018, 04:37 PM

Mick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMick : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydenham Eagle View Post
Seem to remember Jacko was in goal for Orient that day?
Correct. I think he was happy for us, even though he was on the losing side that day.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:48 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Present Sir.

Holmesdale, midway up, right of the goal.

In hindsight it was pretty scary being crammed in like that, but at the time was OK. Glad I didn't have to pee once an hour like these days!
Old 06-03-2018, 04:52 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Whitehorse for me. Had a nice spot by the wall on the upper section
Old 06-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum View Post
Both at Orient and the Burnley game.
Same. Seemed as though we had most of the ground against Orient
Old 06-03-2018, 04:55 PM
Just trying my best

dartfordeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedartfordeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedartfordeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedartfordeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedartfordeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedartfordeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedartfordeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedartfordeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedartfordeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedartfordeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedartfordeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was at both, Orient was my first away game. Walked home from school and saw the queues forming already and said to my late dad that we need to get up there quick. Ended up in the Whitehorse behind the wall.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:55 PM

thereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is herethereichstuff Sam the man is here
At the back of the holmesdale with bro and my dear dad .
Old 06-03-2018, 05:01 PM
Banned by Moderators

nickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is herenickgusset Sam the man is here
Is this thread here just to flush out old gits?
If you’re on the left, disagree all you want, but for feck’s sake try to find it in your hearts to treat each other with a modicum of respect and refrain from vile personal abuse. If you’re on the right… just try to find your hearts. And good luck with that.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:29 PM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
Is this thread here just to flush out old gits?
Just be patient every one gets there---you are in the queue like every one else!
Old 06-03-2018, 05:34 PM

stonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minestonepark eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My first game.Stood on the Holmesdale
Old 06-03-2018, 06:15 PM

NYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNYEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Holmesdale. Got into the ground about 6:30pm. I remember them shutting the turnstiles just after we had got in.
Old 06-03-2018, 06:25 PM

cheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecheekychippie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
yep was there ,we were in the ground by 5 , at orient as well ...
Old 06-03-2018, 06:33 PM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Old Stand Enclosure. With my dad. RIP.

Sad to think how many more of that 52,000 are no longer with us.