Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Crystal Palace Football Club Ľ Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 07-03-2018, 08:04 AM

Groinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In the Arthur (seats) with my old man.....I was 9 at the time but can clearly remember lots of detail of that day!
Old 07-03-2018, 08:05 AM

Archiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArchiebald Leitch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I can see myself and my mates in the pic on the front cover of We All Follow the Palace. 2 of us still go to all games and sit roughly where we were standing at the Burnley game.

I hope we donít get forced to move our seats soon!
Old 07-03-2018, 08:09 AM

kestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I was there with my dad. He picked me up straight from school. I was at the front of the Holmesdale and ended up sitting the other side of the hoardings behind the goal. I think IO'm in Hy Money's pictures of that night too.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:30 AM
77/78 Admiral Away Torso

Del Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDel Fenner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was there with brother, and two friends who drove us up from West Norwood. We only just made it into the Whitehorse, and somehow wormed our way into the middle of the top section. The atmosphere was unbelievable.
Old 07-03-2018, 08:37 AM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On the Holmesdale but in the orange surround behind the goal
Old 07-03-2018, 08:56 AM

Lazarus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLazarus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLazarus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLazarus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLazarus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLazarus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLazarus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLazarus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLazarus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLazarus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLazarus : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
At the top of the Whitehorse Lane end with my old mate Phil. We headed for the Golden Lion in Maple Road afterwards which was in a frenzy of celebration!
Old 07-03-2018, 09:00 AM

PS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus View Post
At the top of the Whitehorse Lane end with my old mate Phil. We headed for the Golden Lion in Maple Road afterwards which was in a frenzy of celebration!
Bill and Dot. good days.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:01 AM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
It's been nearly 39 years now. Hard to imagine really but in another 39 there will be only a very small percentage of the original Club members left. Hopefully, this thread will also be alive.

Happy Wednesday!!!
Old 07-03-2018, 09:03 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS2 View Post
Bill and Dot. good days.
Indeed Suprised I never saw you and Lazarus that night
Old 07-03-2018, 10:03 AM

Strictly Palace sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStrictly Palace sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStrictly Palace sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStrictly Palace sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStrictly Palace sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStrictly Palace sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStrictly Palace sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStrictly Palace sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStrictly Palace sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStrictly Palace sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStrictly Palace sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
I was with my mum, dad and 2 sisters sitting at the very back of the main (old) stand right by the Holmesdale. Those seats disappeared when Ron put boxes along the back of the stand.

The Holmesdale was an amazing sight and the atmosphere very special.
Old 07-03-2018, 11:28 AM

Jim Bhoy knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Jim Bhoy knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Jim Bhoy knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Jim Bhoy knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Jim Bhoy knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Jim Bhoy knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Jim Bhoy knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Jim Bhoy knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Jim Bhoy knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Jim Bhoy knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?Jim Bhoy knows a lot of things that you don't - wanna hear some?
I was in the Holmesdale with my Dad and my brother. Orient away the week before was my first ever away game. Was in the Orient end with loads of other Palace fans. Great days with a brilliant young team and 2 of my all time heroes Jerry Murphy and Vince Hilaire
Old 07-03-2018, 11:38 AM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Holmesdale, too young to legally drink but my mate said he knew a place where they would look the other way - so first illegal pint afterwards
Old 07-03-2018, 12:43 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Just had a quick peek of the Orient game and whatever happened to arms high with scarves stretched hand to hand and a bit of swaying whilst singing? Thousands of Palace doing it then and it looks bloody fantastic as it still would today. Can't be just seats now because it's a gentle movement with feet still.

Bring it back!!!
Old 07-03-2018, 02:29 PM

monster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemonster : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We need some pictures from that day posted on here.
Anyone?
Old 07-03-2018, 02:48 PM

kestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekestoneagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PS2 View Post
Bill and Dot. good days.
I went to school with the son of Billy Edmeades!
Old 07-03-2018, 02:49 PM

PS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPS2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Darren?
Old 07-03-2018, 02:50 PM

Old Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is hereOld Joe Paxton Sam the man is here
3 in 1:

I was there aged 11, with my dad and my mate, an Arsenal fan.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:59 PM

burgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietburgess hill 84 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I was there.
Scary to think, 2 season later we were playing in front of between 10 to 6,000 fans at home every week.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:10 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
I was in the Holmesdale. Didn't go on the pitch at the end as I was at the back and it was chaos. Went straight to the pub and had a few beers in the Jolly Sailor. Very busy and hard to get served that night.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:30 PM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Just had a quick peek of the Orient game and whatever happened to arms high with scarves stretched hand to hand and a bit of swaying whilst singing? Thousands of Palace doing it then and it looks bloody fantastic as it still would today. Can't be just seats now because it's a gentle movement with feet still.

Bring it back!!!

If young fans attempted that, they'd find it too difficult to look at their phones at the same time.