Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
maybe, but then your college (and all colleges at your university) wasn't an option for me as only ran lite versions of what I wanted to read.

I picked my degree subject on what I could do in my sleep, and having to read PPE or Economics and Something would have required effort at the P and the P or the something, and deep down I knew I was a lazy bastard.
It would also have required you to become a Conservative politician.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 23-07-2016, 09:49 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
I note it is only arts/humanities students boasting how little time they spent working on here - my daughter did an engineering degree - one term she had 32 hours a week of taught time plus the work she had to do outside that.

I did Law - 9 hours of taught time a week but a lot of extra time in the library.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 23-07-2016, 09:51 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
I note it is only arts/humanities students boasting how little time they spent working on here - my daughter did an engineering degree - one term she had 32 hours a week of taught time plus the work she had to do outside that.

I did Law - 9 hours of taught time a week but a lot of extra time in the library.
"Poppycock" on "stilts". There is no way that birds are allowed on Engineering courses, even in the twentieth century.
Old 23-07-2016, 09:55 AM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
I never said you were a racist. I said you voted out of pure selfishness. You put your (frankly daft) opinions on immigration (most of which is from outside the EU and has always been in our power to control) over and above what your daughter wanted for her future.

Entirely your right, but I don't blame her for being pissed off. It's quite the kick in the face.
'Most of which is from outside the EU' Completely and totally wrong. There are 3x as many EU People as non EU.

Read this! Look at the graph eu and non eu nationals. As I said previously non EU stable at 1.1m EU up from 760K to 2.15m. And if you read on there are 750K EU people on benefits.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

BTW my daughter is an intelligent girl and has now accepted that there are two sides to this rather than the blinkered view of the remain left wing fanatics.
Old 23-07-2016, 09:59 AM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
"Poppycock" on "stilts". There is no way that birds are allowed on Engineering courses, even in the twentieth century.
Siemens have taken on a lady engineering apprentice.
Old 23-07-2016, 09:59 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
I note it is only arts/humanities students boasting how little time they spent working on here .
You don't just study the arts, you have to feel them.

And that is often done best lying down, rather than in a library or a tutorial.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 23-07-2016, 10:00 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy01 View Post
Siemens have taken on a lady engineering apprentice.
Bloody foreigners.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 23-07-2016, 10:06 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
'Most of which is from outside the EU' Completely and totally wrong. There are 3x as many EU People as non EU.

Read this! Look at the graph eu and non eu nationals. As I said previously non EU stable at 1.1m EU up from 760K to 2.15m. And if you read on there are 750K EU people on benefits.

BTW my daughter is an intelligent girl and has now accepted that there are two sides to this rather than the blinkered view of the remain left wing fanatics.
From the office of national statistics

I'm sure your daughter is an intelligent girl. She voted Remain.

Incidentally the graph from your link, was for those working. Not for immigration. So we have more non-EU immigrants, but more EU immigrants work.

Last edited by Heb 7:4; 23-07-2016 at 10:10 AM.
Old 23-07-2016, 10:07 AM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Quote:
Although any real leftie could never accept the EU in it's undemocratic form. It's more the wishy washy liberal centrists rather than the lefties.

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 23-07-2016, 10:07 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
It was chemical engineering which of course is only really advanced cookery.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 23-07-2016, 10:10 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
It was chemical engineering which of course is only really advanced cookery.
Old 23-07-2016, 10:27 AM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
Although any real leftie could never accept the EU in it's undemocratic form. It's more the wishy washy liberal centrists rather than the lefties.
1) It's no more "undemocratic" than our own government
2) I find proper lefties are rather ambivalent about democracy. It's wishy washy liberals who tend to be keen on it
Old 23-07-2016, 10:28 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:

I have no doubt she is highly intelligent but truthfully, you made the last bit up didn't you?
Old 23-07-2016, 10:30 AM

Nth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A degree in philosophy could be summed up as "that's the way the cookie crumbles". Would save 3 years of your life. Economics is even worse. They either fail to spot recessions or they predict 10 out of the last two and people think you are crying wolf. As for geographers we can't even spot earthquakes coming. So I should have stayed in the pub.
Old 23-07-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
I have no doubt she is highly intelligent but truthfully, you made the last bit up didn't you?
One suspects she's still disappointed by the selfishness but doesnt want to fall out with her dad. Which is reasonable.
Old 23-07-2016, 10:41 AM

Nth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My parents said as they were old they would vote for whichever was best for the kids and grand children. You can either say they are lucky because they have a guaranteed income or that they can be dispassionate and can vote for the good of the country rather than be cowed by the threat of job losses.
Old 23-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
My parents said as they were old they would vote for whichever was best for the kids and grand children. You can either say they are lucky because they have a guaranteed income or that they can be dispassionate and can vote for the good of the country rather than be cowed by the threat of job losses.
If they have a guranteed income,I assume they are pensioners, they obviously wouldn't be 'cowed' by a threat to their jobs, which rather reinforces the points previously made about the selfishness of older generations. They have completely disregarded the needs of their grandchildren.

Last edited by fang; 23-07-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 23-07-2016, 10:53 AM
johnkettleyisaweatherman

eddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is hereeddieskyclad Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
1) It's no more "undemocratic" than our own government
2) I find proper lefties are rather ambivalent about democracy. It's wishy washy liberals who tend to be keen on it
Wishy washy liberals are only keen on their own self interest and while they're very good at filling in petitions online, whinging about democratic processesn and feeling very entitled they're not much good for anything else...

Nearly 7 million views!!!

WOW!
Old 23-07-2016, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieskyclad View Post
Wishy washy liberals are only keen on their own self interest and while they're very good at filling in petitions online, whinging about democratic processesn and feeling very entitled they're not much good for anything else...
Like seizing the means of production, setting up gulags, rooting out Jewish conspiracies, that kind of thing?

Agreed, they're rubbish
Old 23-07-2016, 11:20 AM
Hello Everyone

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick View Post
Graft, no laziness and a wife who can buy you a holiday home
Bloody Tories depriving the locals of a much needed home. Gas 'em like badgers.