Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 25-07-2016, 07:03 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
To do with more Scots now preferring to stay with UK it would seem.
Or not, if you actually read the article.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-07-2016, 07:15 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
If Theresa May does rule out checks on border between Eire and the North, that is effectively an acceptance of free movement. By definition.
Old 25-07-2016, 07:21 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
If Theresa May does rule out checks on border between Eire and the North, that is effectively an acceptance of free movement. By definition.
It's not really a bid deal. Yes EU citizens will be able to get into the UK illegally via NI, but they won't be and to work or claim benefits. I don't think the UK is really worried about EU "illegals"
Old 25-07-2016, 07:24 AM

eagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagle-leg came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Sorry, she is still talking about keeping Scotland in the EU, you must have missed it in the article.

From the article:

"The SNP leader has said she is ready to stage another *independence referendum if this proves the only way to maintain Scotland’s interest with the EU, but will look to see if this can be secured within the UK."

Nothing new in what she is saying. Just a confirmation of the discussions that have not yet been completed with May.
Its a subtle change in language. As above she is talking about Scotlands relationship with the EU rather than within the EU.

Strikes me as somebody who realises that the option of Scotland in the EU and the UK that she was mooting last week is not a feasible one.

She is now seeking to influence the UKs exit negotiations with the EU by stating what is important to Scotland.

The threat is that if Theresa May does not get what she wants then she may seek to call another indy referendum.
Old 25-07-2016, 07:33 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
It's not really a bid deal. Yes EU citizens will be able to get into the UK illegally via NI, but they won't be and to work or claim benefits. I don't think the UK is really worried about EU "illegals"
And goods? No checks means no customs either?
Old 25-07-2016, 07:34 AM

sheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsheepy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Quite, in all of your points

Remainers deciding what they would prefer, aint gonna happen.
Well seeing as they make up 48% of the country and they only need to placate another 5% of the leave voters to make a majority I doubt you're going to get the full break you're hoping for.

That's one of the problems with the Leave campaign failing to provide a definite vision of life outside the EU. No one can really say what they voted for. Alternative is to have an election so then you get to vote for which deal but that doesn't really fit with your keenness to rush into invoking article 50

Last edited by sheepy; 25-07-2016 at 07:38 AM.
Old 25-07-2016, 07:35 AM
Thread Killer

bern5161 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebern5161 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebern5161 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebern5161 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebern5161 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebern5161 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebern5161 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebern5161 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebern5161 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebern5161 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebern5161 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sturgeon has undoubtedly lost the plot. She lost in the referendum on independance, she lost on the EU referendum. She has no power or right to call any referendum. Scotland is and will remain apart of the U.K. She can have however many meetings with Gibraltarian representatives as she likes but that does not make her a leader of an independent country. The EU is hardly likely to welcome any break up of the U.K. given the calls by European separatists for independance from their own sovereign governments. It's about time the scots put this embarrassing twerp in her place.
Old 25-07-2016, 07:58 AM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
Well seeing as they make up 48% of the country and they only need to placate another 5% of the leave voters to make a majority I doubt you're going to get the full break you're hoping for.

That's one of the problems with the Leave campaign failing to provide a definite vision of life outside the EU. No one can really say what they voted for. Alternative is to have an election so then you get to vote for which deal but that doesn't really fit with your keenness to rush into invoking article 50
Where did the full break come from?

We are a part of the European continent therefore is impossible to have a full break unless we declare the UK a continent.

One reason I voted leave was so that we were no longer under the control of unelected hypocrites like Jaunker. The man who made it possible for amazon, costa coffee and google to avoid millions in UK tax.

Despite the doom mongers we will still trade with Europe under terms that we find acceptable. They are already talking about 7 year 'holidays' from free movement.

We had a vote. The result is already known. Our government and the EU have accepted it. Its now a case of damage limitation on both sides, but mostly that of the EU. We are in this position due to their intransigence. For them to continue down that road will be counterproductive for all.

ps. Its a 3% swing not 5%.
Old 25-07-2016, 08:01 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bern5161 View Post
Sturgeon has undoubtedly lost the plot. She lost in the referendum on independance, she lost on the EU referendum. She has no power or right to call any referendum. Scotland is and will remain apart of the U.K. She can have however many meetings with Gibraltarian representatives as she likes but that does not make her a leader of an independent country. The EU is hardly likely to welcome any break up of the U.K. given the calls by European separatists for independance from their own sovereign governments. It's about time the scots put this embarrassing twerp in her place.
I don't like Ms Sturgeon's politics but she is by no means a twerp and if you hadn't noticed she has support from by far the majority of Scots and has backing that any english party could only dream of at present. She did not lose on the EU referendum - she won massively. Scotland voted in and that is what she is concerned with, being a Scottish politician and all that.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 25-07-2016, 08:05 AM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy01 View Post
Where did the full break come from?

We are a part of the European continent therefore is impossible to have a full break unless we declare the UK a continent.

One reason I voted leave was so that we were no longer under the control of unelected hypocrites like Jaunker. The man who made it possible for amazon, costa coffee and google to avoid millions in UK tax.

Despite the doom mongers we will still trade with Europe under terms that we find acceptable. They are already talking about 7 year 'holidays' from free movement.

We had a vote. The result is already known. Our government and the EU have accepted it. Its now a case of damage limitation on both sides, but mostly that of the EU. We are in this position due to their intransigence. For them to continue down that road will be counterproductive for all.

ps. Its a 3% swing not 5%.
It was the UK government that let the multinationals get away with paying no corporation tax not Europe - however not to worry because one of the current proposals to keep multinationals here now we are a less attractive ,is to abolish corporation tax entirely or reduce it to such low levels that it isn't worth avoiding - that'll show those unelected beaurocrats how to really let multinationals off tax!

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 25-07-2016, 09:37 AM

READING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Much better to have a lower tax that is paid than a higher one that is avoided.
Old 25-07-2016, 10:02 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by READING EAGLE View Post
Much better to have a lower tax that is paid than a higher one that is avoided.
I am sure I have seen a graphic of this – do I mean a Laffer bell curve? – which illustrates the point very well.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Captain Brugge

Poosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPoosence came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
I am sure I have seen a graphic of this – do I mean a Laffer bell curve? – which illustrates the point very well.
There is a very large degree of doubt that the "Laffer curve" exists or indeed ever existed. The original was literally drawn on a napkin I believe.
Old 25-07-2016, 10:24 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy01 View Post
Eh?
Old 25-07-2016, 10:37 AM
100% behind SP

tasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is heretasty_snacks Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post

In a three way fight between the status quo, soft leave and hard Brexit, Remain wins every single day of the week. Most leavers voted for a nebulous concept of Brexit, and even those that are clear over what that future looks like are divided over how far it goes.
Old 25-07-2016, 10:47 AM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poosence View Post
There is a very large degree of doubt that the "Laffer curve" exists or indeed ever existed. The original was literally drawn on a napkin I believe.
Quite possibly. I could write the E = mc 2, on a matchbox ; it would still be pretty valid.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-07-2016, 10:48 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
Eh?
.... As President of Luxembourg, I'm guessing. I have some sympathy for this argument, but what would the Brexiteers be saying if the European Parliament started setting corporation tax rates?
As I've said throughout this debate, you have more chance of capping the unimaginable power of American big tech through Brussels than through British or American gov't.
Old 25-07-2016, 10:50 AM
Four-eyed shark hunter

Chief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is hereChief Brody Sam the man is here
Quote:
Quite possibly. I could write the E = mc 2, on a matchbox ; it would still be pretty valid.
Messi's first contract with Barca was written and signed from both sides on a napkin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
He isnt top class mate

He is a limited player who scores goals with his head
Re Benteke - 14 May 2017
Old 25-07-2016, 11:01 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
I would agree although the match head might slip on the ink, particularly if it was wet and written in very large letters.
Old 25-07-2016, 11:06 AM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poosence View Post
If they called it the Laffer Trapezium, there would be no arguments.