Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 22-07-2016, 09:02 PM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick View Post
the young really feel betrayed on this, many many fallouts over it in families.
Absolute bollocks. Dont vote dont moan ffs I and my "young" voted leave. They work for a living, not dodging work at a uni.
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

Old 22-07-2016, 09:29 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle View Post
Absolute bollocks. Dont vote dont moan ffs I and my "young" voted leave. They work for a living, not dodging work at a uni.
Too right Biggles. We don't need no education.
Old 22-07-2016, 09:32 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Absolutely. It's not as if the UK's biggest problem is productivity....
Old 22-07-2016, 09:34 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamone View Post
I did do that thanks.

You've made it clear you voted remain as you're worried about your job. Clearly no confidence in your abilitiy to get another one ay thicko?
Wtf?
Old 22-07-2016, 09:40 PM

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamone View Post
I accept that Heb (bar the pussies bit as I think that's more the remainers). My comment was directly at the fighter pilot wannabe
Do you think that there's something wrong with wanting to be a fighter pilot? If so, then why are the RAF so massively over-subscribed that they turn away more applicants than Palace do young footballers? I applied in 1989, went to Biggin Hill for the selection course, was selected with 3 others in a set of 30 for further tests, and later rejected during that selection process. I make that way above average and I'd doubt you'd get further than that, possible but I'd doubt it.

No you didn't touch a nerve, just wanted to educate you about how hard it is to get in.
Old 22-07-2016, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
Not sure I suggested the EU was corrupt, in fact that would be a poor argument bearing in mind some of our MP's conduct in our own back yard.

If I would use one phrase to describe one of my biggest objections about the EU it would be undemocratic.

I could, but it would take to long talk about the sheer pointless burocracy of the EU and how many of the Eurocrates are impossible to deal with due to their blikered attitudes. I have sadly experienced this time and again over the years.

Don't get me wrong I love Europe, its variety and culture, it is sad that the EU could or is not willing to change. Its not just the UK who have called for change and been frustrated by a lack or perhaps deliberate determination not to listen to the people of Europe.

You may dismiss the situation my aunts friend is in, but to her its a terrible situation to be in. She has become very depressed and my aunt is concerned about her long term health, but then of course some remainder can't wait for us oldies to pop our clogs! This in itself is rather funny when you look at how many over 60's voted to remain, more than the youngest group (of those who bothered to vote)

It will be interesting to see where we are 12 months from now and of course when the next General Election comes up.
Again, classic "unelected" "bureaucratic". Sorry but it's just not. The facts are there, go and read past threads.

As for the old, you do realise that there are simply a lot more older people? And also, Cameron wiped a shit-ton of people, mostly the young, off the electoral roll just prior to the 2015 election - his idea to help win in 2015 - and 1 year later only 60% had re-registered.

I have lost sympathy for the old tossers myself tbh. **** them. Today in the Lidl queue an old bloke was behind me with frig all shopping, and I had a load of it. Pre-Brexit I would have let him jump in front of me, and my wife whispered to me "should we let that man through?" and I said "No, **** him, 70% chance he voted Brexit"

That's how it's gonna be from now on.
Old 22-07-2016, 09:52 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Absolute bollocks. Dont vote dont moan ffs I and my "young" voted leave
Seriously?

Your young have no interest in adventure? - the life experience with the potential of travelling/studying/working elsewhere in Europe?

So different to the many reports of the adventurous young fed up with the decisions of their insular small minded parents we hear about.
Old 22-07-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:

Sorry your kids aren't bright enough. I guess they get that from their father.
Old 22-07-2016, 10:22 PM

bob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Pfft. It wasn't Remainers crying that the UK would never be able to stand up to nasty old Germany, or that they didn't think we were capable of convincing those big meanies France.

Remainers weren't scared of immigrants, or pretending the UK was no longer a soverign country.

Remainers just said we'll be more prosperous and more influencal in the EU. We can lead the EU, we've done well out of it, we'll continue to do well out of it.

And Leavers wanted to pull the covers over their heads and ask mummy to make all this nasty globalisation go away.

Pussies. No balls at all.
Sorry to disagree but that's crap! Any competitive innovation or commercial edge (potentially global) introduced or proposed by Britain (or any other country for that matter) was routinely regulated from existence by the EU by protectionist measures which, coincidentally, favour the founder members (France in agriculture, Germany in manufacturing, both in services).
This has resulted in the 'lowest common denominator' approach to industry which has led to the decline in European growth, burgeoning youth unemployment and the direction of Foreign Direct Investment to more attractive areas of the globe. The only growth in jobs is in the EU bureaucracy (by invitation only!)
Whilst the EU budget has been 'signed off' these past few years (i.e. the numbers add up), the fact that as at 2014 c.£40bn was paid out not 'according to the rules' means this is an institution no-one should be happy to continue throwing money at!
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 22-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_h View Post
Any competitive innovation or commercial edge (potentially global) introduced or proposed by Britain (or any other country for that matter) was routinely regulated from existence by the EU by protectionist measures[/URL]
Give me the top three examples of British innovation being regulated from existence.

Because, and forgive me for being blunt here, I think you are taking out of your arse, regurgitating yet more of this "boo hoo hoo, the UK is too weak to fight its corner in the EU" pussy talk all the Leave cowards repeat to each other while huddled under their blankets.

Straight from the Leavers Ladybird Book of Big Bad EU Tales
Old 22-07-2016, 11:00 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post

Some of those who voted to remain have been shown in their true colours, they just cannot accept a democratic decision. One of the worst cases I have heard on this comes from my aunt, she voted to leave and refuses to apologise to anybody for doing so. However her best friend who is 81 and voted out. When her two "grown up" children found out, her son refuses to speak to her again and is preventing her from seeing her grandchildren. Her daughter told her that she does not yet know if she can speak to her ever again and told her that she should have consulted with both her children before she voted and they were have told her to vote to stay put. How pathetic is this and sad.
Maybe your Aunt's friend voted out for a strongly reasoned argument and maybe she didn't but in any event her children cannot forgive her for it. Her children can democratically react as they want, as could she when she voted out. Obviously it is unfortunate but to be blunt she will not have to live with her decision - her children will and they undoubtedly feel betrayed by her. I don't know but they may have jobs and lives which will be affected directly as a result of the out vote. Not wanting to associate with people you feel are responsible for a very negative event is understandable. It is certainly sad but no action is taken in isolation and all actions have effects.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 22-07-2016, 11:09 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Remain voter - I had around 6 hours lectures a week at uni. No excuse whatsoever not to go get a job as well.

Last edited by Hpalace; 22-07-2016 at 11:11 PM.
Old 22-07-2016, 11:14 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Unless the financial picture drastically changes to a more positive one for the UK in the next few months or so, I don't think we will leave the EU.
Old 22-07-2016, 11:28 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
Maybe your Aunt's friend voted out for a strongly reasoned argument and maybe she didn't but in any event her children cannot forgive her for it. Her children can democratically react as they want, as could she when she voted out. Obviously it is unfortunate but to be blunt she will not have to live with her decision - her children will and they undoubtedly feel betrayed by her. I don't know but they may have jobs and lives which will be affected directly as a result of the out vote. Not wanting to associate with people you feel are responsible for a very negative event is understandable. It is certainly sad but no action is taken in isolation and all actions have effects.
Well said
Old 22-07-2016, 11:49 PM

bob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minebob_h : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Give me the top three examples of British innovation being regulated from existence.

Because, and forgive me for being blunt here, I think you are taking out of your arse, regurgitating yet more of this "boo hoo hoo, the UK is too weak to fight its corner in the EU" pussy talk all the Leave cowards repeat to each other while huddled under their blankets.

Straight from the Leavers Ladybird Book of Big Bad EU Tales
Insurance and banking where Britain is a global leader

Medical research where Britain is a global leader

Life sciences technology where Britain is a global leader

"The European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on health data was quoted by the Wellcome Foundation as having a 'devastating impact on research'. Although regulation was subsequently amended it is still thought liable to adversely affect technology companies seeking to develop devices using the data generated by health trackers and other wearables."

That's not to underestimate the great job they've already done on some of our traditional industries such as Fishing and Steel.

Maybe when you're not listening to pussies or reading ladybird books you can think of 3 examples where the EU have gone out of their way to help UK industry?? Apart from the Working Time Directive (which anyone working for themselves knows is a joke!) I'm struggling.......
Old 23-07-2016, 12:24 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Do you think that there's something wrong with wanting to be a fighter pilot? If so, then why are the RAF so massively over-subscribed that they turn away more applicants than Palace do young footballers? I applied in 1989, went to Biggin Hill for the selection course, was selected with 3 others in a set of 30 for further tests, and later rejected during that selection process. I make that way above average and I'd doubt you'd get further than that, possible but I'd doubt it.

No you didn't touch a nerve, just wanted to educate you about how hard it is to get in.
You sound almost serious, not like you at all these days! Are you alright?
Old 23-07-2016, 12:33 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
Maybe the almost dead, no life left, opinion don't count, grandmother voted them into better lives, which the darling but betrayed, nonetheless democratically aware but obnoxious, kiddies will eventually thank her for? In the meantime money is thicker than blood eeh!
Old 23-07-2016, 12:35 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:

Sorry your kids aren't bright enough. I guess they get that from their father.
That comment is a bit low, scummish really
Old 23-07-2016, 01:20 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
So one month in... are you all in turmoil?
Old 23-07-2016, 01:57 AM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
That comment is a bit low, scummish really
Do hope you get it back.