Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 23-07-2016, 01:59 AM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
So one month in... are you all in turmoil?
I'm in turmoil. I have dust mites as big as a ******* buffalo.

I also went to the pub for lunch and had a ******* 1/2 pound ultimate ******* burger with fcuking bacon and ******* cheese, then to be healthy washed it down with a diet ******* coke.
Old 23-07-2016, 02:23 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Too short a horizon. Check in around February - that's when the pain will be intensifying and regrets rising.
Old 23-07-2016, 02:33 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Kneevil View Post
Too short a horizon. Check in around February - that's when the pain will be intensifying and regrets rising.
Will do.
Old 23-07-2016, 02:58 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick View Post
Tbh I thought I'd get a decent researched explanation but it's the same "EU corrupt must leave" bollocks, and the story on you aunt is repeatable, the young really feel betrayed on this, many many fallouts over it in families.
If the story is true, the 'grown-up' children of the 81 year old should be truly ashamed of themselves.

Their mother, and all she has done for them in their lifetimes, is worth a thousand times more than fecking hysteria on a poxy referendum vote.
Old 23-07-2016, 03:10 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw16girl View Post
Maybe your Aunt's friend voted out for a strongly reasoned argument and maybe she didn't but in any event her children cannot forgive her for it. Her children can democratically react as they want, as could she when she voted out. Obviously it is unfortunate but to be blunt she will not have to live with her decision - her children will and they undoubtedly feel betrayed by her. I don't know but they may have jobs and lives which will be affected directly as a result of the out vote. Not wanting to associate with people you feel are responsible for a very negative event is understandable. It is certainly sad but no action is taken in isolation and all actions have effects.
That's utter bollox. When normally rational people like yourself post trite like this, it is a sure sign that this referendum fiasco has adled people's minds.

The old lady had the right to vote how she saw fit. Her children undemocratically wanted to manipulate her vote.

As for not wanting to associate etc. etc. - I wonder what sacrifices this mother went through bringing up her children. Now her reward is ostracisation, denial of the pleasure of being with grandchildren, and probably the right to die alone. It's shameful behaviour.

If the 'grown-up' kids want someone to vent their anger on they should look at all those politicians responsible for this mess, who have now collectively jumped ship.
Old 23-07-2016, 03:13 AM

As for the consequences of Brexit, surely it is far too early to say. And thus it must be far too early for Remainers to be smugly telling all and sundry 'we told you so'.

I reiterate - I still don't think the UK will leave.
Old 23-07-2016, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Well said
No, it wasn't. It was pathetic.

To suggest the abandonment of a mother is understandable just because she didn't vote how they wanted is ridiculous. That some remainers on here can even think there is a level of acceptability here (just because the granny voted LEAVE) is fairly shameful in itself.

Stupid referendum has really shown the nasty side in a lot of people on both sides of the fence. Perhaps the only people worth listening to are those that didn't vote at all.
Old 23-07-2016, 04:57 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
I should not bite, but maybe this is part of the reason :

from the BBC news page: "IMF's Lagarde to face trial over pay out court confirms"

Of course we should have listened to the IMF when they said exit would be a terrible blow to the UK. Why should we listen to such an organisation ? Not only are they potentially headed up by a crook, but they have poured continued misery on Greece and its people.

I object to your statement as you assume people voted to leave without thinking it through. Well I am sorry to burst your bubble but I certainly did and everybody I know who voted to leave also thought long and hard before they voted.

Some of those who voted to remain have been shown in their true colours, they just cannot accept a democratic decision. One of the worst cases I have heard on this comes from my aunt, she voted to leave and refuses to apologise to anybody for doing so. However her best friend who is 81 and voted out. When her two "grown up" children found out, her son refuses to speak to her again and is preventing her from seeing her grandchildren. Her daughter told her that she does not yet know if she can speak to her ever again and told her that she should have consulted with both her children before she voted and they were have told her to vote to stay put. How pathetic is this and sad.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Pathetic, sad and bloody disgusting. God, I've heard a lot of ludicrous over reactions since the vote but that story tops the lot. Those two 'grown up' children should be ashamed of themselves. Seriously, what a pair of small minded idiots.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 23-07-2016, 05:02 AM
Fiddling the statistics

Eagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEagle Kneevil came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
That's utter bollox. When normally rational people like yourself post trite like this, it is a sure sign that this referendum fiasco has adled people's minds.

The old lady had the right to vote how she saw fit. Her children undemocratically wanted to manipulate her vote.

As for not wanting to associate etc. etc. - I wonder what sacrifices this mother went through bringing up her children. Now her reward is ostracisation, denial of the pleasure of being with grandchildren, and probably the right to die alone. It's shameful behaviour.

If the 'grown-up' kids want someone to vent their anger on they should look at all those politicians responsible for this mess, who have now collectively jumped ship.
I agree on many levels. But I do think that for many people the whole Brexit referendum has exposed an ugliness in people's character - Leave and Remain - that is shocking. In fact, I would go as far as to say that's the real tragedy here. The genie is out the bottle.

I'll get personal. My mum voted leave; I knew she was going to do so in the run up to the vote. Her situation is commonplace: retired, lives in a village in a rural county where there is no immigration to speak of. She has no interest in economics and trusts what she reads in the tabloid press. For her, immigration was the top issue even though there was none locally. The 'take back control' slogan resonated. I pointed out to her that my wife is German and her grandkids were German. If we moved back to the UK then they would be immigrants. "Oh, we don't mind those kinds of immigrants - the French, the Germans," she said. "It's the others."

I was genuinely gobsmacked - I had no idea that she discriminated against people before on any level (and she was as passionate about it as she was irrational, which I discovered when talking about it further). It seemed to run against all the values that had been instilled in me.

Have I lost respect for her over this? Of course. I'm not going to sit and say that discrimination is acceptable just because she is my mother and did many nice things over decades. Frankly, I would rather not have known.
Old 23-07-2016, 06:37 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
I thought the horizon we are looking at was 50 years - then we'll really start seeing the benefits.
Old 23-07-2016, 06:53 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
I agree on many levels. But I do think that for many people the whole Brexit referendum has exposed an ugliness in people's character - Leave and Remain - that is shocking. In fact, I would go as far as to say that's the real tragedy here. The genie is out the bottle.

I'll get personal. My mum voted leave; I knew she was going to do so in the run up to the vote. Her situation is commonplace: retired, lives in a village in a rural county where there is no immigration to speak of. She has no interest in economics and trusts what she reads in the tabloid press. For her, immigration was the top issue even though there was none locally. The 'take back control' slogan resonated. I pointed out to her that my wife is German and her grandkids were German. If we moved back to the UK then they would be immigrants. "Oh, we don't mind those kinds of immigrants - the French, the Germans," she said. "It's the others."

I was genuinely gobsmacked - I had no idea that she discriminated against people before on any level (and she was as passionate about it as she was irrational, which I discovered when talking about it further). It seemed to run against all the values that had been instilled in me.

Have I lost respect for her over this? Of course. I'm not going to sit and say that discrimination is acceptable just because she is my mother and did many nice things over decades. Frankly, I would rather not have known.
My mum passed away forty years ago, and I think if she had been alive she probably also would have voted to leave. She had views that like many of her peers back then, were formed and hardened in different times. She was poorly educated, a bit superstitious, and never possessed an independent analytical mind.

She was of course my mum nevertheless, and a lovely person and I miss her very much. Would I have condemned her for a leave vote? Of course not, as I knew her very well, and would have understood why she voted the way she did.
Old 23-07-2016, 07:00 AM

old git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is hereold git Sam the man is here
Quote:
Maybe your Aunt's friend voted out for a strongly reasoned argument and maybe she didn't but in any event her children cannot forgive her for it. Her children can democratically react as they want, as could she when she voted out. Obviously it is unfortunate but to be blunt she will not have to live with her decision - her children will and they undoubtedly feel betrayed by her. I don't know but they may have jobs and lives which will be affected directly as a result of the out vote. Not wanting to associate with people you feel are responsible for a very negative event is understandable. It is certainly sad but no action is taken in isolation and all actions have effects.
'with people'?
It is their mother not some work colleague.What a horrible pair of bastards.

Twinned with MK Dons
Old 23-07-2016, 07:04 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Unbelievable insults and arrogance. This particular thread had shown the worst in people e.g insulting the kids of other posters as thick. People defending kids who don't speak to 81 year olds because they wanted to leave. Calling anyone who voted to leave thick and racist. No possible thought that people voting leave or remain might have felt it was better for their families. I'll say this a hundred times.....comfortably off remainers with nice jobs, houses and pensions need to try to understand why those worse off than themselves voted to leave and look at ways of improving things for them. Then perhaps we can change policy and justify a rerun.
Old 23-07-2016, 07:08 AM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post

How do you know what kind of a mother she was? She might have been an ass hole for 50 years.

You're out of touch with this, not least in that it's the electorate who put politicians in place.
Old 23-07-2016, 07:12 AM

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_h View Post
Insurance and banking where Britain is a global leader

Medical research where Britain is a global leader

Life sciences technology where Britain is a global leader

"The European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on health data was quoted by the Wellcome Foundation as having a 'devastating impact on research'. Although regulation was subsequently amended it is still thought liable to adversely affect technology companies seeking to develop devices using the data generated by health trackers and other wearables."

That's not to underestimate the great job they've already done on some of our traditional industries such as Fishing and Steel.

Maybe when you're not listening to pussies or reading ladybird books you can think of 3 examples where the EU have gone out of their way to help UK industry?? Apart from the Working Time Directive (which anyone working for themselves knows is a joke!) I'm struggling.......
The Daily Express, then bangs on about fishing. Oh dear.
Old 23-07-2016, 07:13 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
I thought the horizon we are looking at was 50 years - then we'll really start seeing the benefits.
Who told you that?
Old 23-07-2016, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
That comment is a bit low, scummish really
Write to the Universities telling them to abolish the requirement for academic qualifications to get on courses. Even so, GorBlimey's kids are hard workers and he wouldn't have allowed them the chance of higher education even if they were straight A students.
Old 23-07-2016, 07:17 AM

Skin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSkin Up came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
The above is a big reason why Remain lost, they came across more as a religious cult than a political campaign. Anyone who fails to see the cults message must be dehumanised and punished. Probably the creepiest political campaign I've seen.
Old 23-07-2016, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Pathetic, sad and bloody disgusting. God, I've heard a lot of ludicrous over reactions since the vote but that story tops the lot. Those two 'grown up' children should be ashamed of themselves. Seriously, what a pair of small minded idiots.
How do you know their situation? What is pathetic is your damn in of them on the basis of a one sided story from a Brexiter.
Old 23-07-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:

Without commenting on your individual case you could make an argument for either less or a different kind of immigration without being called racist.

Firstly, it is legitimate to question whether we can sustain total free movement from the EU given population growth of 500,000. This is especially the case when the middle classes are not willing to fund it and the lower paid are taking the disadvantages whilst the better off are getting the benefits. Secondly, we have no control over the type of migration. Right now we have a surplus of unskilled or semi skilled workers putting pressure on wages, conditions and available hours for the low paid whilst the middle classes are protected by barriers to entry. At the same time we have a shortage in IT and some other professions which would need to be recruited from outside the EU. Thirdly, the current system of unlimited migration from Eastern Europe is unfair on those with relatives from Jamaica or India who don't have that automatic right. So allowing the UK government to get determine immigration levels or from where isn't racist necessarily.

Last edited by Nth Kent Eagle; 23-07-2016 at 07:25 AM.