Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 13-01-2018, 10:32 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
Or divide KM by 10 and times by 6

Fuel consumption is the one I struggle with, converting mpg to l/100km.

Don't forget to carry the 3 and take away the first number you thought of.
Old 13-01-2018, 10:57 AM
No longer in Japan

JoninJapan sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJoninJapan sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJoninJapan sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJoninJapan sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJoninJapan sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJoninJapan sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJoninJapan sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJoninJapan sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJoninJapan sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJoninJapan sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJoninJapan sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
‘Mac and cheese’ as well. Fvck off
100%,
Old 13-01-2018, 11:00 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninJapan View Post
100%,
110%
Old 13-01-2018, 09:20 PM

Oldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
How can anything be annoying after today. I am extremely happy and feeling just a little frisky. What ever happened to the uniforms thread? 🤓
Old 14-01-2018, 12:22 AM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Travellers.
Old 14-01-2018, 12:25 AM
Power to the Palace

Skiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is hereSkiddo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
Something I have noticed the last 5 years with great dismay.

Its been 10 years since people stopped saying ‘can I have’ everyone says ‘can I get’ .... I want to ram their head into the counter if Im standing in the queue behind them and whisper in their ear ‘it’s can I have’ .... something simple like that.

Surely it's simply "I'll have..."

Personally I've never understood why it has to be a question. It's down to the person serving you to let you know whether you can't have what you've asked for.
Old 14-01-2018, 01:00 AM

glenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietglenn.f came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
David Morrissey gets right up my nose and these bloody Britannia trailers don't help.....smug bastard he is.
Old 14-01-2018, 01:30 AM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Hilaire's Afro View Post
Just as 'can I' in general implies that you're asking someone if a task is possible.

Unless you're addressing the Queen or something, most restaurant or retail interactions are largely informal, and as long as you get the message across and politely enough, it surely doesn't matter.

All this stuff has more to do with an irrational fear of 'Americanisms' than anything else. Not sure why. Perhaps 'kids' saying 'can I have' in 1974 were being berated similarly.
Yes you are asking if a task is possible. Saying ‘can I have’ with the use of the word ‘can’ is a polite question which could be potentially be turn down. Where as ‘get’ to me sounds more like a demand, or to me sounds like you should be getting it yourself. Yes and it is an Americanism, something Im saying I have no shame of disliking who English people speak. As for ‘May I have’ yes maybe Im irritating a more grumpy bastard than me somewhere when I say ‘can I have’.

I imagine alot of you say it because it is a very popular way of asking for something now. I actually notice when someone says ‘can I have’, like the odd individual not looking on their phone on a train among the people endlessle scrolling meaningless content, I admire them.

Last edited by MFBias; 14-01-2018 at 01:32 AM.
Old 14-01-2018, 01:56 AM

cappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcappuccinoeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jimmy Carr - manages to be unfunny and unsufferably smug even in trailers for his crap shows
Old 14-01-2018, 06:44 AM

PhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhuketEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Local supermarket selling advent calendars & tins of broken Xmas biscuits in January, while STILL playing annoying Christmas carols
Old 14-01-2018, 06:56 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhuketEagle View Post
Local supermarket selling advent calendars & tins of broken Xmas biscuits in January, while STILL playing annoying Christmas carols
In a bhuddist country.
Old 14-01-2018, 07:03 AM
Jog on........

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
People who get on rush hour trains who don't normally and have to continually say "I couldn't do this every day"
Old 14-01-2018, 07:59 AM

Mr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMr Iguana : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The word 'amazing' - young people need to invest in new adjectives.. quickly
Old 14-01-2018, 08:09 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
People who don't understand satire and end up idolising anti-heroes like David Brent.
Old 14-01-2018, 09:05 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Iguana View Post
On the plus side it's been a while since I've heard anyone use the term 'amazeballs'. Feel a little queasy just typing that word.
Old 14-01-2018, 09:18 AM

Oldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOldtown Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The guy who has started frequenting my local, the great unwashed. He is stinking up the entire place. Needs a good hose down.
Old 14-01-2018, 09:43 AM

ceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietceeby came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Iguana View Post
Have to agree, had to amend car insurance last week. "Amazing" was used when I confirmed my name, gave my password, gave the reg number, and gave details of additional driver.

Call centres must be bloomin boring if they can speak to an old git like me and find it amazing.
Old 14-01-2018, 09:56 AM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
Also E on. Each year they send me a letter with a massive price hike, because surprise i use more gas and electicity in winter so i am currently in debt. I of course applied logic and said yes but in a couple of months when it warms up we will use less and i will be in credit again. Still they want to increase it by £60 a montj. My fault i find out i am on the standard rate , so i ask to go on a cheap fixed rate. Well you cant until you agree to increase to the higher monthly rate. Again use my logic, if i am on a chaeper rate and pay the same amount as i am paying now a month it will pay the debt off.
No you have to pay the higher rate a month. I give up and hsve told them they can stick it. Will be on u switch on monday.
Old 14-01-2018, 11:02 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by the digger View Post
People who don't understand satire and end up idolising anti-heroes like David Brent.
And Alf garnett.....and Trolley.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 14-01-2018, 11:15 AM
hey, its just an opinion

the digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietthe digger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
And Alf garnett.....and Trolley.
This could be a good idea for a new thread......